[Share Your Recipes!] What are you cooking?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Gossamer on April 30th, 2010, 7:57 pm

MMMMMMmmmmm Sounds good jinka. I do the same thing but I like to wrap up asparagus and cheese in mine with white sauce.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kuhani on May 1st, 2010, 6:16 am

Umm....here is how to make my most favorite snack! : D

おにぎり!(Onigiri!)

So here's what you need!

-A rice cooker!
-Rice! You'll want a white grain and preferably a premium Japanese-grown style brand (you can taste the difference). I like Nishiki, which is a medium brand, but if you find Tamanishiki and Tamaki Gold, those are very yummy!
-Strips of seaweed! You can find these in Asian markets. They're 'sushi' cut strips and they normally come in a pack. Mine came in a 100 pack. : D

And now for seasonings! This is basically where you can experiment. Most of the time, onigiri is filled with some kind of paste or fish roe. In Japan, I had them filled with salmon paste, which is goshdarn delicious. I can't find it anywhere here, so...here is what I use! I promise my stuff is awesome, but you can put almost anything in/on it.

For me, I like using Dynasty's Thai Hot Chili Mayonnaise for the inside. With the mayonnaise, I use a shredded seaweed and toasted sesame seed seasoning. I leave the outside uncovered except for the seaweed. Basically, go to your local Asian market or just mix and match flavors you love.

Also, it is SO easy if you find onigiri shapers. If not, you could use a cookie cutter (fun shapes~) or your hands, though the latter is really hard. Some people have suggested plastic wrap, but I'm unsure of how that works.

INSTRUCTIONS!

-Cook the rice based on your rice cooker.
-Get the shaper (whatever you choose) ready! Place a small amount of rice down as a base and try to get the top part flat.
-Get a knife and put a small amount of paste / mayonnaise (for me~) on top of the rice in the middle! Do not cover the entire surface. Leave some white.
-If you want to put the seasoning on inside, sprinkle a little on top of the paste. If not, get another scoop of rice and cover it as evenly as you can.
-Shape!

Optional~

Seaweed!
- wet one side of the seaweed strip (makes it stick!) and then place it as seen in the above picture.

Seasoning!
- sprinkle some seasoning on the very tip of the onigiri.

And you're done! They make excellent snacks. : D
Kuhani
Desert Healer

Words: 9890
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 7:26 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on May 1st, 2010, 7:20 am

That's a very very cool snack idea Kuhani! Thanks for sharing. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Diane on November 6th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Hii..So,I thought to add here the simplest recipe of my Oven potatoes,along with desert.^^

Ingredients: Potatoes and meat in the oven.

-potatoes[I usually use around 10 of them,medium size]
-fresh meat[ either chicken wings/legs or pork meat]
-veggies
-sauce.

How to make it.

You peel the potatoes of course,wash them clean and cut them into round shapes[like Chips],letting them a bit in the water with salt also in it.
In the meantime,you prepare the meat,as adding what condiments you'd like,I personally use salt,piper,rosemary,garlic.
The veggies can be anything you got in your fridge,for example capsicum[I has more like yellow,red,green],tomatoes[very good in the oven]
These veggies are cute in slices,long or small size,just remember they are added the last ones.

The meat goes first in the oven,as it takes a bit longer to be ready,of course in the tray you add some oil and over the meat a little bit,before putting it in the oven.You just check the meat to be half done,from time to time.usually after around 30-40 min.you can put the potatoes in the tray along with the meat.
You check the meat and potatoes after some time,around 1 hour and half.Depends how rusty you want your meat,you can add the veggies before you consider that the ingredients are almost done,they will make pretty fast in about 10-15 min.

Enjoy!~

As for something sweet:

Ingredients: Small chocolate cakes.

-200 gr.sugar
- 6 eggs
- 20 gr.cocoa
- 8 tbs flour
- 30 ml. water
- 30 ml. oil

Make it:

You beat the egg whites with sugar and water,then mix the yolks with the oil and add just a drop of salt and put the mixture on the eggs white and mix the flour with cocoa and put it over the eggs- as then,put the mixture in a baking tin.Let it bake for 30-35 min.
Cut it in two after you took it out,so you get two pieces.
Now for the syrup:
Syrup:
- 400 ml. water
- 200 gr.sugar
- cappucino
- 1 small bottle of rum

All of the above ingredients mix together in a bowl,then boil all the ingredients about 5 min.,let it cool off and add the rum.

Ingredients for chocolate cream:
- 1 margarine or butter
- 150 gr. powder sugar
- 3 yolks
- 3 tbs of cocoa
- rum

We mix these as well all together,then put the first piece of baked cake, add half syrup,as then comes the chocolate cream.The other half of baked cake and the rest of the syrop all over the cake.[you get to make it like a sandwich.]You put that in the fridge for 2 hours mostly,after that you cut it in square pieces,and Ingredients for icing:
- use any kind of icing (chocolate or caramel)

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous