Silence (Risa Moontide)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Alstroemeria on August 3rd, 2011, 5:03 pm

It was a calm evening in The Enclave, Alstroemeria was busy reading a book. As usual, she'd rather keep to herself than with others. People found it strange, although she didn't care... She kept her self together, and well made it through! Today, she was planning on making a few friends, something she dreaded a whole lot. This didn't exactly please her, but she held her ground and sucked it up like a grown woman. She thought it was unhealthy not to talk to anyone really, so she might as well. She turned her gaze to the door, her hopes were rising to find someone new. Hopefully, her plan would work. Only unless the person refused to talk to her or was really busy... Then maybe another time? She heard from the thin, hollow walls whispering. She was able to make out a few words, "Alstroemeria is one creep, why won't she just go die in a hole?" One girl said. She held her gut tightly, holding back tears. She hated how cruel these girls were, they didn't know anything about her, yet... They treat her like she a piece of trash. She decided to scrap off what the girls had been saying because she wasn't worth their time. She didn't want to make a fool of herself, she'd just look more idiotic than she already is. There is no one in this lifetime that she has known, who actually thought she was 'normal'. As if that'd ever happen though, most people thought of her as a strange being... Or born to be weird. But in Alstroemeria's thoughts, she was a brave woman who took risks, no matter what people thought. She smiled to herself thinking about her own independence, and where she stood in Wind Reach. She thought about leaving here, to go and find somewhere where she could actually be accepted. The thought was stupid though because she was special in her own way! There was no normal because everyone is an individual, they portray themselves in different ways. Those people are who she wanted to be, fitting in was something they never did. Standing out! Was something that she needed to learn... But she won't be able to do that, she can't help but fall into a hole during her cruel and critical embarrassment.

She had to learn a lot because she was only a young youth, her mind is roaming freely throughout those who actually work for a living. She was doing it too, except she did simpler tasks, although they did involve a lot of requirements. Such as: Being precise or... Whatever else Vala does. She hasn't learned much yet, but she can tell that Vala put a lot of effort into her work. She hasn't learned to do that yet because she was always a free individual as a child. She hasn't learned the ways or at least matured enough to know this. Being adopted was a pain in the ass because her parents tried their best to keep me happy! Always making sure that I can feel like I can actually feel like I'm living a normal life. She'd eventually feel like that, just not now. When time comes, she'll feel like she's free to be out on her own. Away from her parents, and an independent individuality. She thought about the time when she had met Rista, how independent she seemed to be and she was only a few years younger. Meaning, that she lacked something... She was a nobody, she was... She didn't know what she was... Defining herself was the hardest thing she ever tried to do! She scrapped the thought out of her brains, like a fly on a shoulder. She was done with all this drama of people calling her a weirdo or a loser or whatever else they could think of. From now, she was picking up the pieces and mending herself back together. The right way.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Words: 50579
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 1:50 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 4th, 2011, 12:38 am

oocFriendly notice: Don't forget to time-stamp the top of your post for the date this took place!
Risa stood before the library, watching the stone walls and roof rise away. Books weren't the worst thing to do, and she desperately needed to read more about rock climbing. The rules seemed pretty clear: because I am not a Yasi I can't take books with me, but I can still read them. I think. She took a deep breath and entered the building, giving a quick smile to the older gray-haired man in the reception area. She moved quickly into the main library area, taking a look around at the impressive rows and rows of books.

Everything was neatly labeled and organized! In Nari. ... The labels couldn't have been more foreign to Risa's eyes. She'd seen the letters around Wind Reach enough to know which language they hailed from, but not a single one registered with meaning in her eyes. She walked listlessly though the library, looking at the different bound books, hoping some inherent meaning would become clear.

What was clear was that nothing more was clear the more she walked through the library. At last she tried to ask a pair of girls about the books here, but they talked to themselves in Nari and laughed, leaving her just as clueless as before. Frustrated and quickly growing impatient Risa walked with heavy steps deeper into the library, nearly ready to leave. She saw Alstroemeria sitting alone and figured she'd give the library one more try before she left. Risa made her common as clear as possible as she said, "
Excuse me, could you help me find any books on rock climbing?"
Last edited by Risa Moontide on August 15th, 2011, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Risa Moontide
Player

Words: 132313
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 6:45 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Alstroemeria on August 5th, 2011, 11:38 pm

She heard a noise ringing against the tip of her ears, a girl to be exact. She could tell because her voice was a bit high pitched. Although, she didn't decide to make any eye contact but she was willing to help. She closed her book as she began to rise from her position calmly. She motioned her to follow her to one specific isle she knew very well. Next she sent her to a part of the shelf on rock climbing, finally her gaze met hers as a small smile creeped across her face."These are some rock climbing books." She said quickly, as her hand brushed against one of the books. Suddenly, she's seeing the girl and right before her eyes a light flashes past her, she's in a pitch black room. Where was she? She thought. Her gaze tried to look around the room but all she could see was black, pitch black. Although, her ears were still in tact so she began to listen for something... She heard the word come and I need you. It was a man because his voice was deep and not high pitched like a girls. In reality her hands begin to twitch, as her pupils were no longer visible. She screamed loudly, falling to the floor clenching her stomach as if she had been stabbed. Going unconcious for about half an hour she wakes up abruptly, her gaze focused on the wall. She stared at the girl giving her a soft expression of a smile. She turned to everyone else telling them to go back to what they were doing and that she was fine. She rose from her position returning back to the girl as if nothing ever happened. "Yes... So, anything else?" She cocked one brow, a serious expression on her face. She tried to distract herself from the fact that this man was playing mind games with her. HER, for all of the people in Wind Reach it had to be her... What did he want with her? Was she some so called special person, she didn't know... Just like she didn't know who her birth parents were. Or how she ended up in a cave... There were so many questions in her mind, but there was no one to answer them because no one actually KNEW her.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Character sheet

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 8th, 2011, 4:43 am

The young girl Risa had talked to was enigmatic as she rose with mere hand gestures. They traveled together through rows and rows of books, bringing Risa to a set of bookshelves before finally speaking. Risa was relieved; at least the girl spoke common! "Thank y-" As Risa bowed her head and began to thank the girl, she noticed the look in the girl's eyes. It was pure panic. Risa froze as the girl looked around, but her blank eyes were clearly not seeing the room she was actually in. Finally the girl screamed and fell, before Risa could make any kind of move to stop her.

The next half hour was insurmountably long. Other denizens from the library had come to investigate the screaming, and Risa had to explain again and again that the girl had fainted. Risa tried tapping her, shaking her, even pouring water on the girl's face. Somehow the girl just wouldn't wake up. Risa tried to convince other library guests to help carry the girl into the storyteller's room or something, but the few people who did understand her common refused to help the odd situation. Risa was getting frustrated herself now; she just hoped she wouldn't get in trouble with the authorities or something before this girl had awoken.

Risa was sitting across the aisle from the girl with her arms crossed in front of her. Her face only shown concern for the girl, she really was more worried about this strange fainting girl than being arrested at this point. When the girl finally rose with a start, Risa could only do the same, stammering for words as the girl spoke. "
Um.. are you... are you alright?" Her words didn't come out smooth at all, still a bit flustered from the suddenness of the girl's movement. "You just fainted for the longest time. I was worried some spell or another had taken your mind!"
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Kala on August 9th, 2011, 4:15 am

Kala wandered into the library, checking to make sure she had her earrings. She had run to the source of the screams, ignoring her duties at the kiln once again (she knew she would pay for it later), because whatever was going on in the library was probably more interesting than the tedious task her master would expect her to perform.

The library was a place Kala tended to avoid, as it was always so quiet. It was no fun. Well, perhaps except for today. Kala wound her way through the rows of books, marveling at how neat everything was. She would never be able to stay this organized. Finally, she came to a row with two girls, an Inarta and a foreigner. There seemed to be something about the foreigner, but Kala couldn't place a finger on it. She turned to the Inarta.

"What happened?" she asked in Nari, "Where did the screams come from?

Kala glanced at the foreigner once more, making her mistrust clear on her face. Of couse she was going to jump to conclusions when she found the source of the screams was coming from an empty library aisle with a foreigner; where else was there to jump. Kala's stare turned to a mistrustful glare as she spoke once more, this time in Common. "What business do you have in this place? Yes, there was something familiar about this foreigner, though Kala could still not quite place it.
Kala
Player

Words: 4402
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2011, 2:55 am
Character sheet

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Alstroemeria on August 9th, 2011, 5:04 am

"I'm fine... I'm fine!" She told everyone. "I just had a simply vision, nothing to worry about. Go back to your work." She ran off quickly to behind her desk continuing her reading, she couldn't say anything about what the dream was a bout. It was too embarrassing and made her feel like a monster or a freak. Paranoia was another thing for her, but she didn't need to worry because everything was fine. Right? The girl wouldn't come back with a million questions in her head, right? Wait! She totally forgot her manners, she forgot about the girl. She ran back to the isle, there the girl was in astonishment. "Sorry..." She said softly, motioning her to come to her desk. "So how about I check these out and you go read more on rock climbing aye?" She said with a pleasant smile on her face. She took out the logging in book and a pen. "What your name hunny?" She asked her in a soft tone. She waited for the girls response hoping she do it quickly. All she wanted to do was return to her beloved book. How she loved to read, it sent her to places and away from the real world. Like any other person who loved books, she becomes engrossed in them. Being a bookworm makes her read faster therefore she finishes a book in about a day. Everyday she starts a new book, once she was even reading 5 at the same time. Never, not once she got confused! She had skills, but not enough. She was only a mere teenager, no where near an adult. So she might as well stop talking and boasting about herself and return to her job.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Character sheet

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 12th, 2011, 7:34 am

Risa didn't really know what to say. The girl bounded away, just left her standing silently with so few words. Risa just didn't move for a moment, looking up at the shelf of books that Alstroemeria had brought her to. Should I read one of these? No thought answered. Risa really was just stunned. Stunned by the strange actions of the girl, is what she was. Too stunned to think clearly, at least.

When the quirky lass appeared back with a simple "
Sorry..." Risa just followed her without thinking, trying to figure out what had just happened. Part of her wondered if she was being tricked or perhaps this was some kind of strange dream. Of course this isn't a dream, I wouldn't know it to be one otherwise! Risa missed Fala, wanted him back at her side. She should have brought him with her to the library, but he would be by himself at this point, down by the river. He'd dive in to grab at passing fish. Maybe even catch a few. At least he was most likely happy.

The girl was talking about checking out books. But I though you couldn't... Risa blinked a few times, bringing herself back into focus. The girl was asking Risa her name, waiting expectantly over some kind of sign sheet. The odd situation was so infuriating. There was something off about this girl, something different and weird. Risa wanted answers. "
Wait, wait. I have some things I need to ask you first."

Risa touched the open book in front of her, feeling the creases in the paper. She glanced behind her at the isles of books, like mountains peaking from the sea of stone below, scattered at rocky. She saw no words she recognized, no letters of common penned. "
I'm sorry, I don't speak Nari. But right now I'm going to be the blunt one. First, are any of your books here in Common? It looks like almost all are Nari." Risa paused for a moment, trying to regain her composure. She didn't want to seem so confrontational or rude, she longed to be back in her crow's nest enjoying the sunlight. But she wasn't going to be spineless right now.

"
Secondly you never answered my question. Are you alright? And finally I thought cheit couldn't remove the books from the property. How does that policy work?" Risa crossed her arms and took a step back, concern more on her face than the diehard determination she was trying to make outwardly visible. She was going to get her answers one way or another.
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Alstroemeria on August 12th, 2011, 9:08 pm

"I'm fine..." She said. "I just had a horrible... Disturbing vision. Don't worry about me alright?" She gave a small smile until she realized how utterly stupid she was. "Your a chiet?! I didn't know... I'm so sorry. You cannot check out a book or even be in here... Your not allowed." She looked down, disappointed. "Policy rules." She tried to lighten the mood slightly, by keeping eye contact. "Maybe another time aye? When you've upgraded. Or something." She smiled. "Have a nice day, Miss... I don't know your name..." She said softly. "Umm.. Excuse me? I forgot to ask you of your name? What is it?" She arched one brow with curiosity. Waiting for her response she thought about when she was a chiet, until she was upgraded. Poor girl, she wished she could help but it was against policy rules to have chiets here. She had to leave now, and wait for time to tell her fate. Poor girl... Very poor poor girl. If she had a job that allowed her to be here, then that would work... Anyways, she had to forget about it as if it were a fly on her shoulder, dead. Hopeless as it was to help, it was based on rules and those were the ones she had to follow. The girl just had to collect her pride and dignity and just leave before she got in trouble. Alstroemeria remembered she would never speak of this again. But for one thing, how was she allowed in without being recognized. Oh wait! She did the same thing once, with Rista. Wow, how stupid she was... Not that this girl was stupid, it's just she wasn't exactly from here. She didn't speak Nari, so she was a visitor. She didn't exactly have red or any shade related to that... Although she seemed very nice in somewhat way but had the same personality as Rista. But what the heck, she should give the girl a shot.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Character sheet

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 15th, 2011, 4:17 am

This girl made no sense. Whatever Risa said to her rattled back out in broken sentences, like the girl was more concerned with pieces of the conversation and let the other parts drip away. Risa gritted her teeth, the girl spouting off nonsense about rules or some such, her logic circular. It was like fighting a sea, just trying to get a straight answer out of this quirky librarian.

The girl clearly was trying to tell Risa she couldn't be INSIDE the library. That wasn't right, not at all. Risa had asked two different people about the library rules, trying to figure out what was allowed! Both times, after she told them she was a chiet, they replied that she could read books but not take them with her. That's what she was told. Maybe this weird girl was too lost in her own thoughts to learn the rules!

Risa's own aggressive thoughts seemed muddled in her head. She didn't know why she was so mad... Risa wished Fala had joined her today. He didn't like the altitude, it seemed, so all too often chose to remain at her ship than go into the city. Risa's eyes drooped, her expression losing its ferocity in a quick moment. She wanted to be back aboard her ship too, just enjoying the waves and laughing with Fala.

Risa took a beep breath, wiping her brow and she just stood in front of the girl for a moment longer, quiet and unmoving just like the attention she had received so far. I can't be angry. She's just different. She tried to go over what the girl wanted, but just took another heavy breath, her other hand making a circular motion in the air.

"
I'm sorry I got so heated. My name is Risa Moontide." Risa gave a small smile, looking obvious fake from the more serious expression her eyes kept. "Now do the rules really state that I can't be in here? I was told several times that only deks couldn't and that I could read the books as long as I didn't leave the library with them." She paused, staring deep into Alstroemeria's eyes, a serious look on her face. "Are you telling me I was told wrong?"
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Silence (Risa Moontide)

Postby Alstroemeria on September 3rd, 2011, 1:40 am

"I'm such an idiot. Sorry, intern. Still on the edge you know." She said quickly laughing nervously. "You have to pardon me, after I have visions I tend to get a little fuzzy." She said quietly. She noticed the books were in Nari and that she was a foreigner or course. She quickly cleared her mind and assured herself she was still in reality. "Alright Ms. Moontide, how about... I help you translate the book, aye?" She smiled like a regular mother you'd see anyday. The typical mom smile as some like to call it. She lead Risa to an empty table, taking the books with her. She spread the books out on the table in order and allowed her to choose one she'd like to read. Even though she couldn't understand Nari, she could just guess which one she wanted. "Alright... Good. Lets get started. Are you a beginner?" She arched one brow. She remembered when she used to rock climb, well there actually was no such thing. She was in the forest half of the time searching for the perfect eagle. Her only dream. In terms of wishes, it was to succeed in her job because she happened to get too many vision in the enclave. How she loathed the feeling and the pain she received, why was it her who received all the pain? Did her parents make her this way, was she part of some mind-freak kind of madness? So many questions Alstroemeria wanted someone to answer, but couldn't. She shook her head a few times as she continued to listen to the girl. She finally opened her mouth and began to translate the words in a simple format for her. She smiled and laughed a bit with her as if they were old friends. By then she had all she needed. "Alright so if you need anymore help on translating you can ask me again. Alright?" She gave her a small smile. She was so happy for the girl, also because she learned the simple format of Nari. One that is easy for foreigners to understand and then understand the big picture. Thank lord she knows the language, well of course. She is an Inarta herself! What is she talking about.

Alstroemeria quickly picked up the books and handed them to her."Alright, there's a table with a few people I know. You can sit there and if you have any trouble ask them. I actually have some business to take care of at the moment. They know english so don't worry." Another smile submerged as she tried to hold in an urge. She couldn't put her finger on what it was exactly, but it wasn't good. Another vision maybe?
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Character sheet

Next