New to the City [Delvan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Serpente Morsus on August 7th, 2011, 12:08 am

Timestamp: 60th of Summer, 511 AV, mid day

After two days in the city Serpente was now finished with his restocking of supplies and selling of pelts. He was planning on staying a few more days to look around the place, maybe even try to find someone who is a master at their craft who he could learn something from. As always he was looking for new things to learn, and what better place to look then a big group of moving tents with different kinds of people both visiting and residing.

As he woke up he went out from his tent, that was a little away from the rest of them, and went into the vast city of tents. Already people were making food and selling things. He was not sure what to look for, so he simply stopped and one place and looked around, trying to find something interesting to look at.
Serpente Morsus
Player

Words: 7328
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:56 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Delvan Farsun on August 7th, 2011, 12:30 am

Delvan walked through the sea of tents while Firemane and Sheina followed up close. Suddenly, a rain drop hit his cheek and slided down until it reached the edge of his face and fell to the ground. Looking up, Delvan saw that grey clouds were gathering over him and soon enough, the rain started to pour.
As people noticed the coming weather, some went back to their homes, while others such as merchants and the likes, put blankets over their businesses to make sure no merchandise would get wet.

Not wanting to get wet himself, he grasped his hood and pulled it over his head to shelter himself from the sky shower. He looked back at Firemane and Sheina, both standing staring at him, Sheina tilting her head, wondering what her master was thinking. Delvan became worried that they'd get cold in this weather and started to walk, with each step picking up the pace.

People desiring not to get wet crowded the small paths on their way back to their respective tents and Pavilions. Delvan, worried about his pets, payed less attention to the surroundings and suddenly he felt a small impact in his shoulder, making him sway to the side to keep balance. He had bumped in to someone. Feeling a little embarrased, he turned to the stranger and said:

-"I am sorry, I did not pay enough attention to see you.
Delvan Farsun
Player

Words: 8254
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Serpente Morsus on August 7th, 2011, 9:23 am

As the sky became gray and the rain started to fall Serpenente noticed people started moving into their tents. This annoyed him a little, not only did it make it harder for him to find people in the city, it may also change his plans about leaving. If possible Serpente always made sure to leave the safe places during good weather conditions, so not to meet an unexpected storm out in the wild.

All of the sudden he felt a thump as something hit his chest, he looked down to see the man, more like the boy, that had walked into him.
"I am sorry, I did not pay enough attention to see you."

"No problem, I understand, are all the people here afraid of the rain?", Serpente asked. He started removing his shirt instead of covering up, putting it in his backpack. Being in a town with wet cloths might be one thing but starting to travel with wet cloths would be annoying.
Serpente Morsus
Player

Character sheet

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Delvan Farsun on August 7th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Delvan, eyed the man up and down. Whatever he was, Delvan had never seen the likes before.

-"Not afraid, but I guess the cities Pavilions wouldn't like more clothes to be put out to dry.

As the stranger removed his shirt, he started to examine him for feats he could perhaps bring up in conversation. He'd rather much go away to do his business, but something was insisting that he'd stay in his mind. Which was very unusual since most of the time, he'd find the nearest exit when in engaged in conversation. Even if this was just a small exchange of pardons, Delvan still felt a little embarrased and wanted to leave and set up his tent somewhere to shelter him for the day.

-"Uh...uhm...I'm sorry anyway. He uttered and started to walk away, feeling embarrased.

OOC:

Secret :
Not ending this thread Serpente FYI. :P
Delvan Farsun
Player

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Serpente Morsus on August 7th, 2011, 11:09 pm

"Not afraid, but i guess the cities Pavillions wouldn't like more clothes to be put out to dry"
"Yes, you're probably right", Serpente said as he looked around the soroundings. Just a few minutes ago it had been filled with people, but most of them were now taking shelter in their tents or trying to cover up their things so they wouldn't get destroyed. Serpente was dissapointed as it happend, his chances of finding something interesting to do was significantly lower now that everybody were leaving, and just walking into a strangers rent would be rude if not even illegal at this place, although Serpente wasn't sure if there even where any laws in a city that moved and the recidents chaged as often as here.

"I'm sorry anyway"
"No problem", he answered. As the boy turned away Serpente also turned to walk away, before he got an idea, maybe the boy could help him find something to do, maybe even teach him something new.

"Do you live here? I'm sorta new and would be good if someone could show me around a little"
, he said and smiled, hoping the boy would turn back to him and not just walk away.
Serpente Morsus
Player

Character sheet

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Delvan Farsun on August 7th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Delvan froze. He didn't expect the wierd stranger to ask him for help. On the other hand, he was a foreigner, he was sure of it. Turning slowly to respond to the stranger, he couldn't help but telling himself it was a stupid idea to do so.

-"Ever since I was born, what do you want to see in this foul weather? Or to be more exact, what is there to be seen in this foul weather?
Delvan grinned, amused by his answer. The wind started to become strong, his cloak started to flail violently in motion with it, yet Delvan did not care much for it, as long as his hood was in place. It gave him some sort of comfort having the forest green hood over his head at times.
He pondered on what the stranger actually was, he had never seen anything like him before. Was he an enemy pretending to be nice, or a innocent traveler on his way to find his meaning in life like himself? Either way, the friendly ask of help was enough for him to let go of his guard just a little.
Delvan Farsun
Player

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Serpente Morsus on August 7th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Serpente was pleased to see the boy turn back against him. He hoped the boy was from around here, but why else would someone be here and be that young? Offcourse some people do become wanderers at such a young age, but still.
"Ever since i was born, what do you want to see in this foul weather? Or to be more exact, what is there to be seen in this awful weather?", Serpente smiled at the boys words, even chuckled a little. Even people living in the middle of nowhere had a sense of humor. Serpente was happy to here that he lived here.

"You might be right, anyway let me introduce myself, My name is Serpente, I'm a hunter. And you are?", he asked, reaching out his hand against the boy.
Serpente Morsus
Player

Character sheet

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Delvan Farsun on August 8th, 2011, 12:08 am

-"You might be right, anyway let me introduce myself, My name is Serpente, I'm a hunter. And you are?" The stranger said. Delvan became a little suprised to meet another race that shared his profession.

-"Pleased to meet you Serpente. I'm Delvan, Delvan Farsun, Hunter of the Emerald clan." He took a step forward and shook the mans hand. It felt like any other persons hand, but still he felt it was wierd, with it's blue color and all.

A question sprung in Delvans mind so he asked the hunter:
-"What does a hunter like yourself do in these parts?"

Delvan looked down at his feet, Sheina had layed down on the grass between his legs while was talking, sheltering herself from the rain. He became a little suprised he had not noticed her before. Firemane had also lied down on the grass, waiting for his master to finish up his business. Delvan understood that they both wanted to go inside soon. The weather was not getting any better.

-"My friends seem to be getting a little impatient. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me to my tent. Maybe we can discuss this there?

Delvan froze there for a second, he just invited someone to his tent, that was not like him.
Delvan Farsun
Player

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Serpente Morsus on August 8th, 2011, 12:24 am

"Pleased to meet you Serpente. I'm Delvan, Delvan Farsun, Hunter of the Emerald clan"
Serpente smiled as he shook his hand, another hunter, how interesting. And since he said he was born here he's probably a Drykas, which means he could probably ride a horse well, Serpente thought. He was very happy with the thought,as he very much wanted to learn to ride a horse, it would improve his hunting and especially he would be able to move alot faster across the wilderness.

"What does a hunter like yourself do in these parts?"
"Well actually i was just passing thru, selling some fur and restocking my supplies but decided to stay for awhile as i have never been here before", Serpente answered the boy. He shouldn't have been suprised about the boy being a hunter, it was pretty comon among the Drykas.

"My friends seem to be getting a little impatient. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me to my tent. Maybe we can discuss this there?"
"Sounds like a great idea, show the way!", Serpente said and gestured with his big arms for Delvan to go first.
Serpente Morsus
Player

Character sheet

New to the City [Delvan]

Postby Delvan Farsun on August 8th, 2011, 12:55 am

Delvan answered the gesture by obeying it. As he began to walk, he pattet Sheina's head saying: -"Come on girl, lets go home." He put two fingers in his mouth and gave out a loud whistle. Come on Firemane, lets go!" he shouted at Firemane as they were moving. Firemane got on his feet and began to trot over to them. Delvan became suddenly happy and pressed a grin across his lips seeing that. Firemane had never responded to that before. Usually after many attempts at making Firemane come to Delvan by whistling, Delvan would have to stroke his mane to make him understand he wanted to ride. As Firemane reached Delvan, he hugged Firemane hard. Obtaining a Strider was one thing, but improving your bond with one made a Dryka very happy.

Delvan let go of Firemane, his smile more wider than before. He patted him on the side as he bended his knees to gain length in the jump he was about to make. Firemane shook his head and snorted. As Delvan jumped, Firemane decided to tease him by bending down so Delvan couldn't grab hold of the Yvas in time.

With a grunt, Delvan hit the ground and rolled. Quickly he got on his feet and looked at Firemane, he neighed and trotted in circles as if teasing with him.
At first, Delvan became a little disappointed but soon he realised he was just being played a prank and started to laugh. He hugged Firemane one more time, and got up on the horses back. This time without plummeting to the ground. He grabbed hold of the handles of the Yvas and brushed Firemanes sides gently, making him set forward. Delvan looked back atop on his beloved horse to make sure the man was catching up. They were on their way home.

OOC:
Secret :
Thats enough for me for tonight, going to bed. We'll continue tomorrow. :)
Delvan Farsun
Player

Next