Giving and Receiving (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Denen Sunsinger on August 31st, 2011, 5:07 am

Denen burst into his awkward laughter at this. He generally did so silently, but now, he could not contain the sound, a mark of how truly pleased he was. He peered over the edge of the crate at the little bunny, and pondered filling the box with nice, comfy straw for him. He reached in to stroke the soft, brown fur, and grinned up to Sam. "It's a fitting name, I think."

He closed his eyes for the moment that their lips touched, before offering a soft grunt and letting his brow rest against Sam's. His best friend. Even without the added benefit that came from sharing his tent. He'd not bothered to move out again when Matthial left. This was more Pavilion like, after all. It was what Denen was accustomed to.

His eyes softened at the sign, and he leaned in to offer a tender kiss. "Sam," he signed, "You are my best friend." He reached up to cup Sam's cheek, kissed him again, and then laid back on their bed. "Do you feel all right? You didn't push yourself too far, did you?"
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 31st, 2011, 11:26 pm

"I feel fine," he assured him. When he was grumpy, he would rail at Kasb'el and Denen constantly asking after him, but when he was in a better mood, he appreciated the care and concern. All the same, he could not wait for the day that he pushed his limits back to their old spans, falling asleep with an honest weariness earned by hard riding or Web weaving. He knew in his head that rest was important for full recovery, but his heart was already plowing through the Sea of Grass.

But he did lay back, taking it easy, watching Denen and the little ball of fluff. He could see the nanny goat's spindly legs, her mouth tearing up tufts of grass through the open flap of the tent. He was going to have to spend some time with her and the horses so she would bond with them and hang around camp. Thankfully Drykas livestock was wont to remain with the herds.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 1st, 2011, 1:08 am

Denen flashed a smile and nodded. He hated it when Sam got upset with him, but there were apologies made, and it let him know when Sam did rail, that he had gone too far past his newly established limits. He knew Sam wanted to be out and about. Sam was Drykas, after all. They were as much horse as the animals to which they bonded. Still, he enjoyed having Sam near, and knowing that he was safe.

Sam laid down, and Denen rested his head against his shoulder, his eyes heavy. He reached for Sam's hand and wove their fingers together. With a single hand, he spoke. "The gods will bless you for your patience," he said. "Have faith, and everything will come together. We just...have to do things in their time." He half sat up, propped on his elbow, and allowed the longer portion of his hair to tumble over his shoulder. "I know things will work out. You'll find the right wives for you, and you'll have little Sams running rampant before you know it."

This said, he settled down again, rubbing his thumb against the back of Sam's hand.

But, gods, he prayed silently, I hope you don't forget about me.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 10th, 2011, 5:32 pm

It was a strange thing between them. Their foundation was a deep friendship, and Denen was the most supportive person in his life anymore, the one who could see Sam as Ankal and their collection of tents as a pavilion. That faith was important to him to the point where he might have failed half a dozen times over were it not for Denen believing he could make his dreams come true.

"You need to deliver a few babies before mine, so I'll know you won't drop them on their heads." he joked. Sama'el had faith in Denen too, all joking aside.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 10th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Denen grinned impishly. His blue eyes were bright and marked by laughter that he did not utter. "Well," he began, "I don't think any experience will be enough to save your sons from falling on their heads. Given their father." He knew that most sons tried to emulate the actions of their fathers, and he wondered if Sam's boys would try and pull the same stunts on horseback.

He brushed back Sam's hair, smiling softly. "As long as your wives aren't as terrifying as Vanator's, we should be all right. I thought her lady parts were going to snap my fingers off!"
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 11th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Sam shook with quiet laughter, but in his mind, he gave Vanator a pat on the shoulder. Strong lady parts made for joyful lovemaking, at least from Sam's limited experience. They would probably spit a child out with relative ease as well. Projectile birth... Still he laughed, but then he signed for Denen in the dim light inside the tent. Despite the hilarity, he was relaxing and could easily drowse again, the one remaining memory of his previous illness.

"My children will need helmets," he agreed, knowing he would be a bad example by the standards of those who wrapped up children in silk to protect them from the world. Sama'el just met it head on, and occasionally hurt his head against it. Hopefully his children would inherit his hard head.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 11th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Denen nodded in agreement. "Just watch, they'll be doing somersaults off of Dohaina before they can crawl." There was tenderness in his movements now, likely because Sam's children were probably the closest thing Denen himself would ever have to children. He knew the chances of him getting married were very slim, and in many ways, it didn't bother him now. He trusted that Sam would keep him as happy as he could, and that was enough.

He brushed the cool backs of his slim fingers across Sam's brow, keen adoration in his eyes. "Sama'el?" He whispered aloud now. There hung a light tremor in his tone, but he knew the moment required bravery. "I love you." His voice cracked and he ducked his head. "Th-Thank you for...for everything y-you do for me."
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 17th, 2011, 5:43 am

Sama'el was quiet for a moment, taking in what Denen said. His reply might have seemed flippant, except Sama'el was never flippant where his loved ones were concerned and, if the situation was complex, his feelings were not. It was a good thing the Drykas were not adverse to sharing their loves with more than one person, because he could not see his pavilion living again without Denen there.

"Likewise," he said aloud, and kissed Denen to prove it.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on October 9th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Denen Brokensong

Experience:

Herbalism: 1 xp
Socializing: 3 xp

Lores:

How to care for a bunny (Basic)

Sama'el

Experience:

Socializing: 3 xp

Lores:

How to keep animals from wandering away while you sleep.

Comments
I'm so sorry it took me this long to grade this. If you have any questions just send me a pm!
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous