Kestrel Lancaster

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kestrel Lancaster

Postby Kestrel Lancaster on February 4th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Kestrel Lancaster

Basic Information

Race: Mixed Blood (1/2 Human, 1/2 Chaktawe
Birthday & Age : 18 years old (21st Day of Fall)

Physical Description
Kestrel stands at 5 feet and eleven inches, with the tan skin of her mother. She's ravenhaired, with eyes as black and smoldering and deep-set as coals. Of all her mother's race traits, Kestrel inherited a second set of transluscent eyelids, long dark lashes, and black motion-sensing pores on her fingertips. From her father, she inherited broad shoulders, her height, and all common human traits.

Character Concept

Kestrel is a hunter, most of the time. She spends her days hunting and traveling. When it's raining or storming or just really cold, she stays the night in an inn. Sometimes, however, one of her father's old connections will approach her with a job. Tracking, shadowing, scouting... asassination. As long as they're willing to pay enough, she'll do it all. And why do they come to her? They come to her because they know she can handle anything they throw at her.

Character History

Pre-Creation Kestrel's human father, Willem Lancaster, was a merchant- a black market merchant, to be exact. He sold poisons, lockpicks, feral animals, weapons, almost everything that couldn't be sold legally- except for slaves. He was in Eyktol, buying goods and selling out-of-region items with the Chaktawe, when he met her. Thrush, known for her beauty and smooth, angelic voice. He fell in love with her at first sighting, stayed with her Chaktawe clan for a month, until she finally expressed her own desire for him. Thrush left the clan with him, and they were married by an old friend of Willem's. Within four years, Thrush was with child. She died while giving birth, but they were able to save the baby. Willem named his daughter Kestrel, to honor her mother's avian name. Kestrel grew up with a good education, gaining the ability to read and write as well as do basic math. Her weapon specialty, she soon discovered, was the bow. She soon grew to be a far better hunter than Willem, pupil surpassing the teacher. Her father wanted her to live a better life than he had. However, he quickly found that Kestrel had his quick temper and cravings for adventure. She left home when she was fifteen, gathering a band of warriors, with the intention to conquer the Myrians. She promised her soldiers large pieces of land in Falyndar should they succeed. That combined with monthly pay, and of course it was not to hard to gather troops. As they were approaching Falyndar, however, her small army was struck by warlocks that had no doubt been hired by the Myrians. She sensed them first (with her Chaktawe motion-sensing abilities), called out, and then the masacre ensued. She and three others were the only survivers. Kestrel was able to kill two of the warlocks, but was forced to flee. The few men left scattered, and Kestrel returned home at sixteen years old. She found that, while she was out playing war, her father had died of a heart attack. After that, she sold their house to pay off the debts they had collected, and rode off to her mother's Chaktawe tribe where she remained for two years. Kestrel resurfaced recently in Sylira as a hunter and, sometimes, rogue. She travels, living day by day in shame. In shame, because despite her fathers wishes, she ended up living a life not worth living.

Post-Creation

-

Strengths/Weaknesses

Strengths

Kestrel has incredibly good hearing and sight. She notices the slight trails animals leave behind, hears the softest of approaching footsteps.

Weaknesses

She cannot stand to be near blood, or to even hear about injuries. She has been known to pass out when she sees a bad injury, and she often has to sit down when she hears about it. Also, Kestrel is claustrophobic, and is prone to panic attacks when in small enclosed spaces.

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)

Camouflage (10), Climbing (10), Hunting (25), Wilderness Survival (5), Food Preservation (5), Horsemanship (5)

Lore of Edible Plants (starting package)
Lore of Common Animals (starting package)

Equipment and Possessions

Clothing: brown leggings, white long-sleeved tunic, brown cloak, brown leather boots (good for hunting and riding), brown leather gloves (good for climbing and riding)

Horse: Garnet (male, eyktolian desertbred, dark crimson with a silky black mane), full set of tack, large leather saddlebags

Weaponry: shortbow (composite), shortbow arrows (20)

Other: 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 tourches, bedroll, blanket

Ledger

Current Amount: 41 gm, 10 cm

Makes: 0-10 cm / typical day

Spends: 0-5 cm / typical day

Thread List
"Open-The Dark Lady"
Syliras, Sylira
(Day 20, 509 AV, Winter)
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic1264.html
Last edited by Kestrel Lancaster on February 13th, 2010, 10:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kestrel Lancaster
Huntress

Words: 4404
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Re: Kestrel Lancaster

Postby Kestrel Lancaster on February 6th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Kestrel Lancaster: Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?

Kestrel Lancaster

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

My friends can call me Kestrel. Everyone else may call me Miss Lancaster.

3. How old are you?

I am eighteen years old.

4. What is your height?

5'11. Yes, yes, I am aware that I am tall.

5. What is your weight?

That's hardly a polite question.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

Well, I've got very dark hair, tan skin, and black eyes. I got my father's build, though- tall, boad-shouldered, muscular.

3. What is your favorite body feature?

My fingertips. That sounds odd... Allow me to elaborate: the Chaktawe have black pore-like things on their fingertips that allow them to sense motion. It's like... feeling the world around you. I can't explain.

4. How physically fit are you?

Very. I hunt, I climb, I run, I lift heavy objects... Being a hunter requires physical fitness.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

I dress in the only outfit that I have, a navy cloak, navy pants, white tunic, and brown leather gloves and boots. I like clothes that are comfortable, practical, and easy to move around in.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?

My father was a very good person, despite his illegal activity. Anyone who says otherwise has me to answer to. I did not know my mother, but I am told that she was a very pure soul- whatever that means.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

No. I am an only child, can't imagine it any other way.

3. What is your extended family like?

They're... nice. I haven't seen them in quite some time.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

I don't have close friends, but I suppose they would be on the same level as family.

5. Do you treat animals like family?

Only my horse, Garnet. Other than that, definately not. Animals are food.

Syliras

2. Where do you live now?

I travel a lot, but mostly stick to Sylira.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

I can live anywhere in Mizahar, but I really don't know where I'd most like to live. I loved my mothers' people, so simple, so quiet. But I couldn't stay with them forever.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

In the woods. I love being in the woods, hunting. I get this mixture of excitement, and fear, and serenity. Nothing else can compare.

5. Where do you fear to be?

I used to fear living without purpose. Now that I am without it, I understand why.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)

Well... not that I know of.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?

I am right handed, although I can manage with my left.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

I only speak common, sadly. I was never taught my mother's language. I have her smooth, sharp voice, though.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

I'm not exactly what you would call a "people" person. I can handle people, and I can deal with people under my control very efficiently, but I am not the best company. I tend to be... sharp-tongued.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Definately not. I don't see the point for decorations.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?

I work as a hunter most of the time. Sometimes I take jobs, though, in the fields of tracking, spying, scouting, message-carrying, and.... other things. Note that this is not a confession- totally off the record.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

I do not dislike it, but I always wanted something better.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

Honestly? I've always wanted to be one of the people running the black market. Not directly, of course. But one of the people who works behind the curtain. The head honcho's eyes and ears.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

Admiration... Hm. Well, truthfully, I admire free-lance knights. They serve a noble purpose, truly believe they are doing good work. Poor bastards.

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Priests. So self-righteous, so... ignorant and self-centered. They refuse to listen to what others' have to say.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?

I was an ordinary child, I suppose. Got into my fair share of trouble, but my father always encouraged me to think for myself, so I wasn't exactly rebellious.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?

Once, my father and I were out hunting. I had already learned how to use a bow, and had been working with it for about eight months. And this large boar started charging my father. I got him straight through the eye. We ate his meat for a week, and his head was placed on our wall. I was so proud.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?

Childhood... I suppose teenage years would be included, aye? Well, then, my worst memory from childhood would be the day my men were slaughtered. We were- we were on our way to Falyndar when we were ambushed by warlocks. That was the day I stopped letting people into my life; it can only end badly.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

With my father, it was a relationship of mutual respect and love. It's not a common one to have with one's parents.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

My father, of course. He taught me what to do, what not to do, gave me the morals I have today.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?

A decent one. I was taught to read and write, as well as basic math and history.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?

Learning is necessary; I have no dislike for it, but I do not love it.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

My father and the Chaktawe, some.

4. How do you learn best?

I learn by doing. You want to learn to do math? Do math. You want to learn to hunt? Hunt.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?

I don't have any... particularly.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

I can't, not anymore. You only wind up hurt, you only wind up hurting others. After my men died... I realized that loving people too much hurts like hell in the end.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

Certainly not. I'm a trustworthy person myself, because I despise lies without purpose, but I know better than to trust others immediately.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

I am straight, although I refuse to enter any sort of romantic relationships.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

I have, when I was fifteen or sixteen. A boy about my age- the son of one of my men. It was nice, but I haven't kissed anyone since.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

No, although I fail to see how that's anyone's business but mine.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

Once, while I was on the road with my men, I got a little drunk yes. I did not care for how it made me feel- out of control.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

I don't drink anymore. It dulls the senses.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

If I had to have some, whiskey.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

I have never tried drugs and I certainly don't plan on it.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

They are useless, and those who drink and do drugs on a regular basis are poisoning themselves.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?

Hunting and.... Well, just hunting, I suppose.

2. Do you like to read?

Certain books, I do. Dark, cynical novels draw me. However, I find the more mainstream reading material rather tedious and repetitive.

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

Ignorance.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

Relaxing in a tree has always been fun for me. I feel invisible, at peace. No one can see me unless they know I'm there.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

I haven't been embarrassed in a while, but I suppose flirtation. I don't like to be flirted with, or objectified. It makes me feel like... an object. And I get so flustered I can hardly speak.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?

I love metallic colors- silver, gold, iron. They're all so shiny and sleek. I like black as well, though.

2. What is your favorite time of day?

The darkest part of the night- the moment just before dawn.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

An untamed hawk, riding the winds straight into the sunset.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

I like freshly-caught meat, stews, roasted vegetables. I can't stand super-sweet items, though.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Warm, windy early-fall days are the best. I feel so fresh and comfortable in the fall. Lightning storms scare me, especially when I'm outside. I'm terrified of being struck by a bolt.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

Pessimistic. I've never had a talent for seeing the bright side of everything.

2. What are your religious views?

I believe in all the gods. I like none of them.

3. Would you be able to kill?

I would, and I have killed. I have yet to lose much sleep over it.

4. What are your views on sex?

I... have none. I am not interested at the moment, but I have no problem with others indulging themselves.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

A meaningful one. One where you leave something behind.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?

I killed a defenseless man for money. I did not like doing it, but he did not appear to me a good man, or a harmless one. The best thing I've ever done... I protected a aristocratic family from people who would have them all slaughtered. That I did for free.

2. What is your greatest regret?

That I failed to keep my men safe.

3. What is your best/worst memory?

I've already answered this... I killed a boar, and my men were slaughtered. Pay attention.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

I would not have gone on that Myrian siege.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

I... am not proud of anything I have done. Not yet.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

Generally I am very open, let my feelings and thoughts on matters be known to all.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

Not that I know of.

3. What makes you happy?

I have not been happy in quite some time now... I think my father, he used to make me happy.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

I would die to protect others.

5. What makes you angry?

When people are ignorant and stupid. When people try to get to know me. When men come on to me.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?

With caution. I watch them, get to know them, and then decide if I like them. If not, I avoid them.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

Was. My father was the most important person in my life. Now I have no one.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

Again, my father, and he is rotting in a box right now.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

An ideal "lover", as you put it, would be someone I could share adventures with. Someone I could share my thoughts with, who would not scoff at me, call me cynical or pessimistic. Someone who shares my view of the world.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Trust is earned. No one has earned my trust.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

It depends on the subject matter. If it is one I care about, than I will argue all night. If it is one I have little or no passion for, I let it lie.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

Yes. I like being in control of every situation.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

Definately not. I don't like interacting with one person, let alone many. Unless, of course, they win me over.

4. Do you care what others think of you?

Not one bit.

5. What do you think of others, in general?

Most people are stupid and not worth my time. Occassionally, I'll meet someone I take a liking to- a kindred spirit.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?

I am strong, and capable. I will not let you down, or I will die trying.

2. What is your greatest weakness?

I cannot resist being the hero. I can't leave people behind.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

The... attachments I take to people. I want them all to just go away, but sometimes people get rooted in my heart, and I have to protect them.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

Introverted.

5. Are you generally organized or messy?

I'm very organized, can't stand clutter or messes.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

I cannot stand any of them- they're just like priests. So self-righteous and self-important. Like any other person would not fill their role just as well!

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?

I do not allow myself to fear them.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?

None, thank the gods.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

None, unless they offer me a good reward for my services.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

If it goes against my moral compass, I will not do it.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?

The sad thing is, I live for nothing.

2. What is the best part of life?

Closing your eyes, and breathing, and cherishing that breath.

3. What is the best part of death?

Escape.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

I want to die for something; I don't want to throw away my life. I wish to go down fighting.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

Whatever cause I died for. I don't want to be remembered for who I was, just what I did.
Kestrel Lancaster
Huntress

Words: 4404
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet