Solo flashback - Being young

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Treasure on August 16th, 2011, 9:20 pm

509 AV, Summer, Day 1-2, 509 AV, Summer, Day 39-40

509 AV, Summer, Day 1
Treasure

It was dark, but not as dark as it had been at times until now. At least the screaming had stopped, even if the heavy breathing remained. It was also cold, much colder than it'd been before, in the safe place. This new place scared her, and she realised she had eyes. She opened them automatically, instinctivly knowing how. She saw a dark figure, a figure that was somehow familiar and safe. Then her bottom was slapped, and she protested the only way she knew how, another skill she knew instinctivly; she cried as loud as she could. Then she was wrapped up and covered, and saw the one holding her for the first time. This figure was dark too, but much closer, and it smiled. Then the world few by and the she saw the other dark figure comming closer, yet it was still laying on the same place on the ground. She could then see it smiled too, and it was warm when it wrapped around her, and she felt safe.

This dark figure was safe, familiar, hers. And she fed, easily, instincivly. This dark figure smelled like her, smelled like the safe place from before. She no longer wanted to go back. All was quiet except soft grumbling sounds from the safe dark figure and the other dark figure. As she was done feeding, her eyes seemed to grow smaller, for she could see less and less. Then there was movement, and two other dark figures were there, she opened her eyes wide and stared at them, and they were smiling too, and rumbling softy to the original two dark shadows. They took turns rumbling to eachother for a very long time, in a soft rythmic way, and soon all was dark again, before colors danced about lazily, and all was well.
Last edited by Treasure on October 7th, 2011, 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
away - will be back when my sadistic sister lets me, or I find a new place to live, sorry.
Treasure
Player

Words: 6042
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 4:09 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Treasure on September 3rd, 2011, 12:45 pm

509 AV, Summer, Day 2.

She awoke, the two big dark figures were there, but smaller, and she was between them. She found she could make out much more details on the dark figures, her dark figures, than before when it had been darker. She also found that she could raise her head, and she did. She could see two other figures a bit from herself and her two figures. The other two figures were clearer and more detailed as well, and much less dark. But they were different, they were much more fuzzy, and looked nothing like they had done the previous time. She were sure they were the same.
She rose, she instincivly knew how to, and took a few stumbling steps, and found that her two figures were watching her. They smiled without showing teeth, they were no danger to her. The male one changed, he became fuzzy like the two a bit away, but she knew he was no danger to her, even if he should have been. His body language was relaxed, calm and casual, and he changed back in an instance. She stumbled forward, towards the female, she wanted to feed.. Yet her hands were not there, instead she had four legs. Then her hands were there, and she had two arms and two legs again, and the world had shrunk back to it's size from the other time. She found she couldn't walk, but she knew how to walk on four legs, so she simply did the same and crawled.
Her mother picked her up, and she fed again. When she was done she got loosely wrapped into her blanket again, which had been found on the ground where she'd been sleeping. The other two figures walked over, back to being in the shapes they'd been in the first time she saw them, but lighter and more clearer. They were a female and a male, she could tell. They rumbled with her figures, and everyone's lips were drawn out and curved with the tips upwards, but no teeth were shown; they were happy. There was movement behind them, and she saw a bigger version of herself, the shape she had when she had no hands, but this one seemed uninterested in anything going on. In fact, it seemed tired and ragged. It was male, but it wasn't hers. Her hands went out into his direction, and the world shook as all four figures from before rumbled together loudly in enjoyment. The rumbling calmed down and soon the rythmic rumbling began again, and soon she'd fallen asleep again.
away - will be back when my sadistic sister lets me, or I find a new place to live, sorry.
Treasure
Player

Character sheet

Postby Treasure on September 28th, 2011, 9:59 am

509 AV, Summer, Day 39

She'd grown quickly, and could now walk and talk in her human form. She'd also found out why the others didn't have the same animal form as she, and that there wer other kelvic in the world, but living in the more civilized areas and in bigger packs and herds. Most of her time had been spent playing or hunting, however.

Her mother was currently teaching her a new game, it was called ropewalking and the rules were to not fall down. The rope was tied between the trees pretty tightly, and very low to the ground. Her mother had said it was so she wouldn't get hurt if she fell. And fall she did, a lot. She'd hold onto the tree tied to the end of the rope and get up, so far so easy, but then she'd let go.

At first, she'd fallen directly, the second time she'd caught herself on the tree and stabilized hersel before letting go again, but then fell down after taking one step. The third time she fell immediatly, but the forth time she took one slow careful step, then another, then a third, then found her face in the mud below. Her mother had giggled, then coninued gutting a rabbit that was to be for dinner. Still, Treasure continued. She tried and tried, then tried again, and then tried some more. This was fun, even if it was hard and exhausting. She continued with the determination of a stubborn child, and kept going, even when her mother told her to come eat.

In the end, her father had to carry her from the rope and the two trees to the fireplace a little bit away. She didn't want to eat, until her parents said she wouldn't be allowed to walk the rope any more if she didn't. They weren't very bossy, being kelvic, and neither was she, being the same. Life could get a bit complicated when no one wanted to lead, but usually, everyone did the things they were asked to do, when they were asked. It was peaceful, except the dangers of the wilds, but they managed.
Treasure
Player

Character sheet

Postby Treasure on October 7th, 2011, 10:43 am

509 Av, Summer, Day 40

She woke up early, she could see the sun beginning to rise. She sat up, her mother was sitting in her wolf form just a horse length away. They grown ups shared the guarding duty equally during the night, a task she'd join when she was a bit older and could be more depended on.

She stretched out, stringing out her slumbering muscles, then got up. Her mother watched her cross to the rope that was still tied between the two trees, then get up on it, slowly. She got up all right, then slowly released her grip on the tree and started walking ever so slowly and carefully.

After a few steps she overbalanced to the right, and fell the little bit down to the ground again. She went back to the beginning and started over, going very, very slowly. She tried so hard not to make the same mistake that she overbalanced to the left instead. As she walked back to the beginning, she sighed at herself. Determination glowed in her eyes as she started anew.

One step, slowly and carefully. Another step, slow it down, there's no hurry. Third step, that's it. Fourth step, this might actually work. Fifth step, careful! Focus! Sixth step, nononono, too much right, find the center! Find the center!
Yes! Stayed on! Which step was this?
Treasure
Player

Character sheet