OOC-Miza-wide Event:Adopt a Stub Day!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Ghedan Windhowl on August 26th, 2011, 5:50 am

Alright then, no problem. Is Musical Composition still available?
Languages
Bold and blue ~ Common.
Bold and red ~ Pavi
Ghedan Windhowl
When did I lose myself?

Words: 8697
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 11:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Tiki on August 26th, 2011, 5:59 am

Wait, no, I lied! I swore rhetoric was finished for some reason and had jsut checked it all back over...ugh. Musical composition is also open if you'd like to take a crack at both. I'll mark you for both actually...seeing you're taking itnerst and jsut try to take them in graduation if they seem to be too much. Both can go pretty far in depth and I'm expecting some prerequisites for both, or at least I would. How you write your article is your own doing, but I might bust on you in peer review. :P

Also...
Drayton, my apologies but the medicine wiki is complete and not in need of an article. Feel free to pick up another stub. If you’re interested in the terrain travel articles (running, swimming) I might recommend mountaineering – the how-to on climbing mountains.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cayenne on August 26th, 2011, 1:06 pm

I do trust that we're going to see outlines and descriptions in the HD on these things that everyone is claiming.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 26th, 2011, 1:24 pm

That's the plan as far as I'm concerned Cayenne :)
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on August 26th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Escape artist and trapping please
Last edited by Serrif Von Chatlyn on August 26th, 2011, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tiki on August 26th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Drayton, good news ad my appologies again...word on the street is medicine needed a rewrite anyway, so go nuts! I look forward to the review...which is in review so now I need to go read that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :P

Cayenne....gaaaah...don't spread the doubt! It's a gradual process so we'll see. xD Hopefully everyone will be as exemplary as Tessa here, not only acting but posting her challenge that the outlines will be made and submitted...oh how I hope. Otherwise there goes the entire purpose of the event.

Serrif, done. Those two should be fun to write.

In more good news, it is the true Adopt a Stub Day! Step right up and be that special somebody for all the lonely stubs in the wiki. Our ideal goal is to get all stubs claimed from drafts to the helpdesk, but more imortantly to peer review for those reads with a fine tooth comb... We'll buff out any and all issues we can and hopefully ship them off to founder review in little to no time. To help aid in this goal, we have a litte challenge for ourselves. Given that most people are making the switch back to college and school, I'm setting a challenge of two weeks for at least one of your articles to be processed through to the peer review stage. I hope it's reasonable and fair enough to meet this goal given you must have at least an hour of free time to write up an outline for HD. Best of luck, and don't lose your motivation. The Founders are watching... >.>
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bob Barton on August 26th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Gambling is already up for peer review in http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic13000.html. But I think you can take me down from storytelling since that one is only in the FR for two months (darn how did I miss that...) It won't be right to disturb it until we are sure. I will look for another abandoned article later when gambling is done. Or maybe try my hand on Politics if Devmond lets me (maybe easier to help and split it between two people XD) since I am interested in it as well. Too bad he called dibs first. :P
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tiki on August 26th, 2011, 9:38 pm

You could ask to co-write? I forget if he picked a second one...maybe he could le you have a whack at it. Otherwise, there's a lot left over, just make sure you see these through to the end!

On another note, be sure to check the Peer Review section under World Development. Architecture, Carpentry, and Construction have all been approved and can use a few pointers, tuhmbs up, and what have you. Otherwise Coral manipulation, a skill very special to those wanting to see more Charodae, will be updated tonght hopefully. It only needs two more reviews as well before it can be shipped off to Founder Review. *Sniff* They grow up so fast! *Cry*
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Devmond Incarnata on August 26th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Tiki, I send a message to Barton's inbox. I'll be glad to have that taken off my hands actually. Hurricane Irene is heading my way, so, I'll probably be out of electricity (and the internet with it) for the next few days or a week if it gets bad. Family and friends are also taking shelter at my place, I won't have too much time for the next week. That being said, I am still committed to finishing the articles, and will do so thoroughly once the lights are back on. :)
Pictures by nheira and Noiry on Deviantart
Devmond Incarnata
The Second Son

Words: 52051
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Tiki on August 26th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Stay safe. :/ I'm not getting hit much at all, got lucky.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext