OOC-Miza-wide Event:Adopt a Stub Day!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Tiki on August 24th, 2011, 6:11 pm

You should all be celebrating like no other... Fact is Mizahar, in all it's shiney coolness, still has a loooot to get done before it's safe to say "Now...we can expand." Some of those things to be done include the 90+ stubs in the wiki. :D

I'd hope that as of Friday, August 26, all of Mizahar can take claim of one of the stubs that is not under development in any review stage and get to work on writing big beautiful articles. Most of the stubs include skills, and while you might think they are simple and self exclamitory they still deserve some original Mizahar twist to them.

Ok, so now that I have your attention, here's the plan...
In This Thread:Everyone pick a stub! Everyone post about it!
We can keep a master list at the top of this thread so we know who's doing what. Adopt a Stub Day is simply your commitment to claiming a stub and developing it over the next few weeks. If you can write an article entirely for the HD the day you pick it, wonderful...however, with such an event that can crowd up the HD very quickly with the 90+ stubs now having articles shoved on top of it. There is no rush to completion...there are review stages even after the preliminary as we all know so well.

What you get out of it: If you haven't noticed...there are some medals designed around writing wiki articles. Now's your chance to get one! It's a cute little way to get work done and show off your informative writing skills. Realize Mizahar reserves all rights to accept or decline your proposal...work with them, afterall you're their ticket to doing less work (we all love that idea, it's not cruel, stop lying to yourself. :P).

Once our precious stubs grow up to the peer review stage, we can have another event for that and literally clean house on many, if not all, stubs on the wiki's list. From there...the founders will get what's theirs. xD We love you all for it as well. :)

Some guidelines to the event:
1) First come, first pick. A person posting claim to an article has the assumed responsibility to get to work on it.
2) Feel free, however, to co-write articles with a buddy if that's more of your thing.
3) For sake of realism in work load, you're cut off at five artile/stub claims for this event. Assuming your articles complete the review process to a wiki article you get both the Peer Review and Lore Master medals anyway. All the same we don't want to see people taking on a bunch of articles and forgetting about them later.
4) You do not have to choose five stubs to complete. Writing one helps a lot too.
5) Pick in your interests and personal knowledge. If you hate writing about an article, you'll lose interest and it might tern out like crap despite your amazing writting abilities.
6) While this isn't manditory...it'd be nice to see players active in the past week or two participate. If not expect evil glares in chat...
7) While it is Adopt a Stub Day that doesn't mean original stubs can't be expanded upon. Mizahar has a wide range of skills, items, arts, and creatures that may exist...people need merely stumble upon them. it is prefered you work on what is already in need of development though which is primarily the skill list.

Be creative, have fun with it, remember this is a public event for you to show off your contribution to the lore. There are achivements to be won! Thanks for your time in reading this. I hope you all participate if you have the time. :D

Below is the "updated" master listing, all non-stub articles have been removed from Solomon's original listing. Post your article claims and try to give a heads up where your article is so players can track it down for a review! The older WIPs very well might be abandoned, but it'd be best to check. Rather than hyperlinking them all over again, all WIP marked articles can be checked back through the following url :
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic5895.html
Otherwise some are relabeled with notes...they are prety deeloped but abandoned and need help to see themselves through to the FR stage. Just ote you cannot tke crediblity for another writer's work, PLAGIARISM, and the matrial left by a player is still in Mizahar Founder's "possession," I use loosely, due to the Terms of Agreement. However...if the articles can't be put through to FR currently, ask a founder to adopt it and do a rewrite through HD and I can make that change. A lot of these abandoned threads were pretty thorough though, so check them out.

Master Listing :
Acrobatics-(PR) Victor Lark
Acting (PR) Pavel; adopt&finish for FR? looks abandoned
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry-(Draft>HD) Bolden Denusk
Aquiculture
Archaeology
Architecture-(PR) Tiki
Armorsmithing- (PR) Torc Ironwood
Beekeeping. (WIP) -- (Draft>HD) Deymond Incarnata
Begging
Birdkeeping-(Draft>HD) Victor Lark
Blind Fighting
Botany - (Draft>HD) Fela Meason
Brewing
Busking
Calligraphy (FR) Vala [might be abandoned or just needs founder approval.
Candlemaking-(PR) Aspen
Camouflage.(WIP) -- Auron
Carpentry-(PR) Tiki
Cartography
Climbing
Cobbling
Composition
Construction-(PR)Tiki
Copying
Coral Manipulation-(HD)Tiki
Cosmetology
Dance (PR) Ora Sa'vina (abandoned possibly?)
Dentistry
Drawing
Dyeing-(PR) Sairque; (PR) Iris Dove; two possibly abandoned threads...someone wannt finish it off?
Embalming (PR) Jilitse (in need of final PRs for FR)
Escape Artist - (Draft>HD)Serrif Von Chatlyn
Etching
Farming
Fishing
Fletching/Bowing-(PR) Burakkusuta; looks abandoned, but some nice points, might need to be reorganize, adopt me!
Flint Knapping
Floristry
Food Preservation (WIP)
Forgery (PR) Herth [might be abandoned]
Fortune Telling-(Draft>HD) Tessa Poe
Gambling- (PR!)Bob Barton
Gardening
Geology
Herbalism (WIP)
Hunting - (PR) Jaiun (Review immediately!)
Intimidation - (Draft>HD) Tak Tak
Investigation-(PR) Akiva; Jilitse posts a quote of Siiri from chat that might have a good point; can we scrap Investigation as a skill? Thoughts? Otherwise abandoned...
Juggling
Jewelcrafting (WIP)
Land Navigation. (WIP) -- (Draft>HD?) Auron
Land Nagivation Time Calculation Guide- (PR) Antar
Leatherworking
Locksmithing (WIP)
Masonry
Meditation - (Draft>HD) Tak Tak
Medicine - (PR) Drayton
Mining
Mountaineering
Music Composition - (Draft>HD)Ghedan Windhowl
Negotiation-(Draft)Tiki
Organization
Painting
Papermaking
Perfumery
Persuasion(WIP) (Player might be inactive, up for grabs)
Philosophy - (Draft>HD) Devmond Incarnata
Play Musical Instrument-(Draft>HD) Verilian
Politics - (Draft>HD) Devmond Incarnata
Pottery
Rhetoric. (WIP) -- (Draft>HD)Ghedan Windhowl
Runestones (from fortune telling; could be independent?)
Running- (Draft>HD)Drayton
Sculpting - (Draft>HD) Venidus Larkspur
Sewing
Singing
Spelunking
Stealth. (WIP)
Storytelling-FR article!/old Laeraix Cerys
Subterfuge-(PR) Ragnor Matilian
Suvai (WIP)
Swimming- (Draft>HD) Drayton
Tanning
Tarot Cards (from fortune telling; could be independent?)
Tattooing
Tea Leaf Reading (from fortune telling; could be independent?)
Tracking-(PR) Renaria
Trapping -(Draft>HD)Serrif Von Chatlyn
Undertaking - (Draft>HD) Devmond Incarnata
Vinting
Weapon Fighting (WIP)
Weaponry
Weaponsmithing-(Draft>HD) Licendous Gestral
Weaving
Writing(WIP) -- (Draft>HD) Devmond Incarnata

There might be somethings missing from the list in the Stub Wiki so pester me about getting it on. Some stubs might be NPCs or Locations founders busy with so just ignore them from the listing, don't worry about it. :D

If there are new stubs that are missing, feel free to give me a hint to add to it. I hope you'll even take up the honor of writing an article for any discoveries or msitakes you notice while reading this. :P Thanks.
Last edited by Tiki on September 18th, 2011, 4:16 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tarot on August 25th, 2011, 6:23 am

Good idea! :) I'd just like to add that, while it's commendable to volunteer to flesh out a stub, you should only do so if you're really committed to seeing it through with the level of detail and quality we have come to expect. Writing lore is one of the hardest things on this site, so don't take on more than you can chew.

Also check who's already doing what!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Aspen on August 25th, 2011, 8:41 am

I was actually going to pick up the candlemaking anyway, so I guess I'll claim that (:
And I also have tracking up in peer review already.
Last edited by Aspen on August 25th, 2011, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 25th, 2011, 9:13 am

If no-one's taken fortune telling yet I'll take it, it didn't look like anyone had gone for it.

Hmmm... have to ask some questions in the Q&A forum about it though, just to be sure I'll be on the right track with it.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 25th, 2011, 2:43 pm

I think I would like to do herbalism.

Sorry for short response. Being posted via phone.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 25th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Hmmmm... I think I may adopt the abandoned gambling since its mostly complete and I want to see it in game. And maybe I will do storytelling. If no-one else wants them that is. :D
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Drayton on August 25th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Medicine is already being Peer Reviewed, I've got that one up. And you know what, time to give the mundane stuff some love! Put me down for Running and Swimming (though you may have to wait a week or two for life to simmer down, either that or I'll get bored and each up in a couple days. :P ).
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Licendous Gestral on August 25th, 2011, 3:21 pm

hey would it be alright if i tried my hand at this with both weaponsmithing ?

i'm kind of a weapons nut :o

please and thank you :D
45. - shinedown :
Whatever happened to the young mans heart?
Swallowed by pain, as he slowly fell apart,
and i'm staring down the barrel of a 45. ,
swimming through the ashes of another life.

what a shame - shinedown :
what a shame, what a shame,
judge a life that you cant change.
The choir sings, the churchbell rings,
so wont you give this man his wings?
Licendous Gestral
Man of ice, Soul of fire

Words: 28525
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 25th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Animal husbandry looks like a fascinating topic that I think I'll take a bite out of.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Auron on August 25th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Camouflage and Land Navigation are both listed as WIPs. I think I'm pretty well qualified to call myself a subject matter expert on the two, so I'd like to throw something together. Of course, translating what I know in RL and applying it to Mizahar will be the problem, so anyone who's maybe posted here more often and is more familiar with the lore is welcome to collaborate. Send me a PM.
Auron
Jack-of-All-Trades

Words: 8465
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2011, 4:57 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Next