[Tiki's Scrapbook] Tiki's Hideous House of Horrors...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Tiki on July 15th, 2012, 8:08 am

Tiaue`a, the wings beneath me.

I got my wish for freedom with Tiaue`a. She was free to fly and walk and swim, just everything. I was taking the wrong approach with her though. She’s still caged socially and that’s the heart of my problem I think. You still see me making these odd ball PCs and it’s not working, clearly. I’m in need of dire social practice, rofl. Tiaue`a doesn’t inspire me anymore. She was a small step though. In the short thread with Taln, she let me take out a part of my own frustrations, coming to terms with being yourself. There might be an awkwardness, but you’ll find it. I’m sorry to say that Wind Reach isn’t for me, and the life of a wind eagle HUNTING will be another cruel end should I continue. Players, watch out. WR is big enough for two kelvic PCs, and one might be either leaving this world or NPC’d (if possible?) shortly. Seriously though, he keeps having babies with the wind eagles?

She has a season or so left in her, but winter will be symbolic of ends for sure.

”Ryan, your font changed color…”
That is did, and do we’re looking into new colors in life and the story. Sashisaxani is another misfit, but she sublimates much more than any other PC I’ve had before. She will not be a hunter for long If ever. She actually has a gnosis mark, my first, and that’s a success. Falyndar is Mizahar’s Insanity Mode, IMO. The staff over here is pretty damn neat to work with. The experience is great to start, and it’s fresh material. With that said Saxani is safe, mainly because I have not yet got a feel for whether or not she will deserve to live. Zinrah will have my heart regardless. I’ve grown attached. :P

There is a new PC formulating, and he’s been picking at me for some time. I’m promising myself to not touch it until I close all others I want though. If he still lasts then, or tires out by the time my CS is written, well then damn, back to the drawing board. I’ve just never had the chance to explore mizahar’s magic…and well, this PC intends to.

So that's that, mini rant to an end. I think I've complained enough and explained a bit. My writting is also starting to go WAY down hill at 4 a.m.. You know what to do, otherwise I have work to get done, threads to finish, PCs to kill.

Scrapbooking is so good for you. I advise you all try it sometime.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on July 21st, 2012, 5:39 am

I’ve come to a decision, after a moment of inspiration and reading/guidance. All active PCs will die, be retired, something. The fact is that acting on a whim because I feel bored won’t do anyone any good. There is a story to be told in each of them, and the problem I think I’ve been having is that I keep straying away from the story. It’s like a compass, you might say, and I am being turned back on the right track. There is a feeling that this is right, and though I might not enjoy every step of the way, the journey each takes will be fulfilling. They might die this season, or in the coming years that Mizahar thrives (as we all know it will). I’m not sure if I’ve been writing for the wrong reasons, but it’s really just one of those moments that stands out, I just pray it doesn’t fade again this time.

I saw Batman: The Dark Knight Rises tonight… you can blame that for this sense of clarity; many of the movie’s themes are so worldly and oh so true. It’s great by the way, so see it at once, just clear your next weekend and go check it out. It’s moments like, like the ones in the film – select ones I cannot pinpoint at this moment, not after one setting – that really inspire and set you back on the right track. This feels like the right track. Mizahar’s just a game? Yes, it is, but the time spent here on silly games should feel worth something, and part of that comes from this post, and the stories to come.

With this all said, it seems I’ve buried myself: jobs, training threads, all really useless things in the grand scheme of the story. I’m going to try to dig myself out and get precisely back on the tracks I set out on. There was an introduced conflict in each PC when I wrote them, and those conflicts have gone unresolved, hardly crowd pleasers. Most I have to say are predictable, others you might just find a surprise in. I hope the reworked characters can really bring in the stories I’m building them up to be…or not.

College is going to be busy. Five PCs and a staff account…that’s pushing it. Zinrah’s blooming, and I’m glad to see players finding a story worth pursuing there. If I’m slacking, remind me I wanted it, and to not let it go. Giving up when it gets tough, sacrificing responsibilities instead of privileges, that’s no good. I can’t help but spoil my little secrets. More stories will come after, a different personal take on Mizahar. Hopefully they resolve themselves properly. Then there’s the big one, a final PC, I hope, something that really suits me. To put it in a heightened sense of meaning, like we writers love to, it’s that moment in the movie when the light is bright from the doorway in an otherwise dim room. One character stands in the light, the other the darkness, they look at each other having finally reached an understanding and then…action. Who is where and what there is to bring to light has not been decided, yet I feel it describes the moment perfectly. There’s clarity in motives, but infinite patience between the two to allow for the world to prepare itself. Or is it the individuals who need prepare?

I’m still rambling, have no fear. It’s mostly for me, a personal record to look back at and nod my head to, ensuring I’m staying on track. The theory behind this PC life extension is something sort of obvious if I looked at the motives of the characters, their creations, representations and flaws. Tiki isn’t ready to die, simply put, and he still has a purpose in the world. Valorae, for all the power she is meant to represent, all the pain she is suppose to endure and throw back at the world, is mindlessly destructive. That was never her design, it was always suppose to seem masterful, well thought out, cold, and while I can achieve that with the PC Valorae, the concept of Valorae is not ready. There is no beginning to really see – falling from the stars really skipped past lives building up to it, something impossible to delve into. Finite beginnings, the right touch of darkness and the spark to light her up is all I need. It’s a difficulty to put to words and examples still, but that’s the goal. WIP, finally a PC I’ll be utterly satisfied with. Dream big or go home, huh? We’ll see just how this all turns out…

A note to myself; refrain from reading, it’s of no use to you :
Hopefully you remember what this all means when you dig it back up! You want it? Go get it.
July 20, 2012 Batman:TDKR 9:35 – inspirational, you loved it, good night indeed.
your best weapon, a reason to see the end, those around you, less is more, see it through beyond the pages ;P
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on October 26th, 2012, 4:14 am

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1996/06/24/1996_06_24_080_TNY_CARDS_000376447

"The Fourth State of Matter"
- Jo Ann Beard

Something read in the memoir unit for my class. Depressed the crap out of me, but a good read no less.

Secret :
Memoir of the University of Iowa shooting from 1991. Plenty of context clues, but in case you like to research before you read.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous