I Think This Time She is Drunk...(open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on August 28th, 2011, 6:43 am

Day 72 of Summer, 511 AV

It all started with a dream...

One tiny little dream and everything was turned upside down in a way that would make Ionu very proud. The shifting streets could not even hold a candle do the conflicting and twisting emotions the cat held inside her body at that very moment. A face kept running through her head: ghostly pale, translucent skin and ethereal voice, the image taunted her.

Salida...

A whispered name on the wind. The cold arctic wind that blows from the north and carries with it the deadening memories. All those miles away and still she felt it. Fela could feel the cold biting at her skin and turning her flesh pink from exposure.

Fela closed her eyes, the dream was still fresh in her mind's eye. Salida calling her name, trees all around them and her fingers outstretched begging for Fela. She was lost, lost in this world and unable to move on. Fela shook her head.

It was a dream right? Only a dream. It has no weight in this world, this world of flesh and bone. The world of dreams was immaterial, it could not be touched, contained no scent and could not hurt her.

Fela glanced at the bottle in her hand: fine wine.
Best ten gold I ever spent...She thought to herself as she popped off the top. The sour smell of the fermented fruits made her mouth water. She ached to drown her sorrows. She turned the bottle up and took a pull of the liquid. It was tart in her mouth with undertones or fruits and nuts. She took another swig and downed half the bottle.

Lowering the glass Fela looked around and waited for the wine to settle in her stomach. She feared it would come back on her. She was not used to drinking in this quantity. The most she had ever consumed had been a single glass. When she was certain the wine would stay where it was put she turned the bottle up again finishing the rest of the bottle in a few large swallows.

Crowds of people passed by the small patch of grass where she sat, some cast looks here way while other ignored her entirely and purposefully. One woman stared directly at her with a look of distaste on her face. Fela crinkled her nose at the woman and said in a loud voice,
should I commission a painting to show case my misery for you? You can hang it on your mantel and relish every happy day you have on this patch of earth. With every moment you have of sadness you can gaze on my face and be reminded that your life is not nearly as full of woes. Fela said her words too loud and sprayed spittle as she spoke. The woman lowered her eyes to the ground and shuffled off down the street.

The world turned on it's axis as Fela attempted to pull herself to her feet and she was forced to lean against a tree to prevent herself from falling. The bark of the tree filled her vision as she pitched forward slamming her head into the sturdy trunk. She felt no pain, her entire body had started to go numb and she was warm down to her very core.

Fela twisted her body and started her long stumble down the street in search of her house.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ulric on August 28th, 2011, 4:32 pm

There was something wrong. The rumble of wagons trundling over the dirty cobbles, the cries of hawkers, the scent of spiced food and the reek of the gutter… they weren’t normal. Ulric was badly out of place, even with his rags burnt and the fur cloak draped over his broad shoulders. He was not used to the turgid, cloying air of this chimeric city, where everything was not as it seemed at first glance. He paused in the shade of an acacia, staring at the tiny buds. He ran a hand across the rough bark, tracing the elusive whorls with the tips of his fingers while vague memories coursed through his mind, reminding him of his duty to a slain god.

“Tanroa, let me go back,” he murmured. “There are so many question that he must answer.” The goddess did not reply, of course. They never bothered. He cast a sidelong glance his Gasvik, who had sembled into yet another squat, bestial form, with a broad face and snout from which protruded a pair of curved tusks. “Desank, there is much for us to do here,” he said, even though he knew it for a mistruth. There was nothing for him here except the hope of refuge. He was hiding from whom he was, from what he was, and he couldn’t deny that he was a coward.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. He saw the glint of the moon on the surface of the lake, the flicker of an oar as it dug into the dark waves. He saw the silhouette of a half-rotted pier, the sheer, rising edifices of crumbling brick and plaster, bridges bisecting slender ribbons of water. He could nearly sense the reek of detritus. The strain behind his eyes began to ease, but before he could reach out and grasp the calm, something nudged his chest.

Ulric’s eyelids drew back, revealing a set of dark, smoldering orbs that were narrowed with anger. He lashed out, winding his fingers in the doublet of the man who’d jostled him out of instinct, and jerked him close. “What the petch?” he growled, staring into the man’s fearful, shocked face. He was about to release his grip, but he paused, a strange thought intruding on his mind. “Try to be more careful,” he grunted, forcing a grin. That didn’t seem to be much of a comfort, for the man turned and ran away as soon as he was released. Ulric went to scratch his scraggly chin, only to find that he’d been holding his knife at the man’s side.

Quickly, he looked around to see if he’d been noticed. There were a few harsh glares, but it didn’t seem as though he’d been seen by any guards. He turned sharply and strode away, trying to lose himself in the shifting lanes. Desank shambled along in his wake. Ulric didn’t care where he was going, but after a while, he began to wonder if he should find somebody who could get him to the gates. He looked around, studying the press of structures that crowded him to either side. Then he halted. Up ahead, he saw a woman weave from one side of the lane to other, her legs visibly unsteady.

With a frown, he waited for her to near. “Had too much to drink?” He grunted. “Or am I just stating the obvious?”

Secret :
Fela won't be able to see/hear the Gasvik, so just ignore him for the time being.
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Words: 629666
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 28th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Day 72 of Summer, 511 AV

A gruff voice sounded next to Fela, she whipped her head around to find the source. The movement was too fast and the world spun again causing Fela to almost lose her footing and tumble over.

Had too much to drink?...Or am I just stating the obvious?

Fela curled her lip in a sneer and struggled to bring him into focus. Dark features swam in her vision, only his eyes could she see clearly. Dark drowning pools of obsidian that spoke of madness. Living in this city she had seen many people touched in the head, Fela herself had been called that many times, but this man's eyes spoke of years of torment. His existence was plagued by his own misfortune. She pitied the man in front of her.

She offered him a smile at his words,
You know I think you are right. She shifted her body to face him completely and stuck one finger out pointing in his direction. I have had too much to drink and wanna know something? I don't give a petch. Life is pain and you have to deal with it. She punctuated her words with a poke at his chest. Fela giggled and covered her mouth with her hands casting the stranger flirty eyes. Fela was too far gone to realize she looked more like she had a twitch than she looked like a seductress.

Life may be full of agony but it is also short. Tell me friend what is your story? Fela went to continue down the street, granted it was back the way she came as she was turned around now, her feet catching on a small twig and she was sent sprawling into the dirt.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ulric on August 28th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Ulric glanced at the offending finger. That probably wasn’t one of her wiser decisions, but he was in a forgiving mood. Or maybe he was just tired. He just stared at her, chin angled slightly to the side, and listened to her blather on about agony and the transience of life with the steady patience of the fisherman he’d once been. He was a bit worried for her, to be honest. That she would stagger away and try to cut her wrists was a thought that cross his mind. He wouldn’t have cared before, but as heir to the realm of transcendence, he kept thinking that she could do much better things with a proper focus. Just as farmers had to regulate their furrows to eke out the greatest harvest and ships had to adjust their tacks to make best use of the wind, she needed to get sober.

If anything, because her breath reeked worse than a demon’s arse.

“I doubt you’d understand a word,” he said with a shrug, watching her teeter. He knew she was going to end up on the ground, but why bother trying to catch her? That would’ve been going too far out of his way. He just watched as she sat down hard, then gave a slight chuckle. “I’d stay down if I were you, but what do I know? I’ve never had to fear for my virtue.” He craned his neck, cracked lips curling into a grin as he pointedly stared at the contours of her frame. “You’d be astonished by the things men do just because they can – provided that you survive long enough, of course. I doubt you’re in fit shape to return to the heap of dung that surely serves as your home, so for now…” He offered her a blunt hand, though not without a warning. “If you throw up on me, I’m going to hit you.”
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 29th, 2011, 4:18 am

Day 72 of Summer, 511 AV

Fela stared at his outstretched hand. You really aren't a very happy person are you? She shook her head and grabbed his hand pulling herself to her feet. She swayed a bit but stayed upright this time. I could not imagine living life with that scowl all the time. To make her point she gave him an exaggerated version of the same face he was currently wearing. She was pretty sure he was not nearly as amused by it as she was.

But...I thank you all the same stranger. Fela was still uneasy on her feet but had a brief moment of mental clarity and said to the man with a completely sober face, Being alone on days like today really eats at you. I'm glad to share it with anyone even if they aren't a friendly face. Fela turned to stare off into the trees. She meant every word she said. She had been here in Alvadas almost a full season and had yet to tell Salida's father what had become of his daughter...and now this? Her nightmares seemed to be becoming real. Guilt ate at her. Taking a deep breath she turned and smiled at the man. Handsome maybe, but not friendly. She gave him a playful wink.

Looking around Fela tried to get a feeling for where they were but didn't recognize any of the shops or homes around them. She started to move again and found her legs would not support her in her current state. Fela leaned forward resting her head against the strangers shoulder as she let out another uncharacteristically girlish giggle and starting drifting in and out of consciousness.

You know, you could still tell me about your self. I may not understand but I promise I'm a good listener. She glanced up and offered him another friendly smile. My name is Fela by the way. Another giggle, and you know? I'm so drunk I wont remember any of it in the morning anyway. You could tell me you are the Ravok alley rapist and it wouldn't matter a bit to me.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ulric on August 30th, 2011, 12:32 am

Ulric fought to keep the grimace from his face when she chose to take his hands. That meant he was stuck with her for now. He helped her to her feet, his concerns mounting with every face she made at him, that sad gaze over her shoulder, the disturbing wink. He was quite aware that she was trying to drown her troubles. He’d done his fair share of that, so he knew he would be rash to leave her by the side of the lane. I wish she’d stop grinning, he frowned. That sort of thing made him nervous. Not that he was able to reflect on that, for the next thing he knew, her legs turned to jelly and she pitched against his chest. He couldn’t help but cringe from the warmth of her body, for he hadn’t been so close to another person for so long. Hesitantly, he drew an arm around her waist, keeping her on her feet. He didn’t want to touch her. He didn’t want her to see what he had become.

And yet, he wanted her to know why.

“Ravok?” Ulric gave a snort, leaning so his breath rasped hot on her neck, his words soft and laden with an enticing menace. “There aren’t that many rapists wandering the canals, you know. Not that women are safe to begin with. I had to deal a rather gruesome fate to my own betrothed. I stuck my knife in right here,” he whispered, gently tracing the contours of her throat, “and then I opened her from guts to groin, so the world could see how ugly she was inside. I sawed at her flesh,” he said, drawing over the curve of one of her breasts, then moved down to her ribs. “I kept sawing, and as soon the glisten of bone caught my eye, I crushed them, broke them with my hands. And then, of course, I did the same to the corpse of her lover.” The gleam in his eyes was fever bright as he spoke in a low, husky voice, betraying not only rapture, but disgust at what he’d done, though the dark orbs were startlingly empty. “It was the music, you see. I was enraptured.” He sought to stifle the chuckle that forced its way from his mouth, a harsh, joyless noise that hung for a long moment, then let his hand drop.

With that, he flung her away. “Desank, carry,” he grunted. Fela would feel herself caught by strong arms that she could not see and held so that she seemed to float over the ground.

“Unsada adb petch, Ulric,” snarled the Gasvik.

“Oh, shut your face,” grunted Ulric. “You’re just getting lazy.” He glanced at the woman again. “If you must know, I am Ulric. I’d ask yours, but I’m afraid I don’t care.”
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on September 12th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Day 72 of Summer, 511 AV

Fela's eyes widened at his words. A small shiver rolled down her spine as his hot breath caressed her neck soon followed by the palpable heat of his finger tracing her curves, the horrifying images of a life snuffed out in passion flashing through her mind. Mixed feelings danced inside of her, the warmth of his closeness called to her loneliness while his words almost sent her fleeing. Fela took an instinctive step back from the man as her stomach turned. No...he's only saying this to push me away. No one would admit something like that to a complete stranger. None of that can be true. She thought to herself. He is just a damaged person with lots of pain in his life...this is how he keeps others at an arms length...Her thoughts trailed off as she wondered if there was a kernel of truth in the words he had spoken. Had he really murdered someone he loved?

He gave her a violent shove away from him and invisible fingers snaked around her limbs holding her tightly. Fela struggled uselessly against them. In her current state she couldn't have fought her way out of a bush, she could just forget getting away from this figment of her imagination. How much have I had to drink? Fela idly thought before glancing down to see her shadow below her on the ground. She twisted her body around to hang her head over to the side, sure enough she wasn't touching the ground. Nothing was supporting her. She had seen a lot of good trick in her time but even for the city of illusions this one impressed her.

Oh, shut your face. Fela mouth fell open at his words. Excuse me...she trailed off as he started speaking again. You’re just getting lazy, slight pause, If you must know, I am Ulric. I’d ask yours, but I’m afraid I don’t care.

She huffed a little with as much dignity she could as she was floating about the road and her words mostly slurred into one another, Well Ulric. Let me tell you something, that's no way to talk to a woman or a man or any one for that matter. If I had spoken then fine you may tell me to shut up, I have been known to rattle on for quite some time, but to tell someone in silence to shut it is just rude beyond a reason of a doubt.

Fela thought she sounded well thought out and articulate in her mind, the reality of it was that only every other word of the sentence was clear enough to understand without concentration.

She pointed a finger at him,
and if you had been listening Ulric, she put a little extra emphasis on his name, you would know that my name is Fela. F-E-L-A...Feeellllaaaa. She drew out each sound and lowered the finger she had been waving around. All the anger she had felt just a moment ago drained out of her and left her just feeling tired and defeated. Another wave of depression hit her and threatened to drown her.

She sighed and shook her head casting him a look from where she floated down below,
Well regardless of what you did either in the past or today you are still the only person to take notice of me today. I thank you for that. Her voice held a softer note than before. Her words dripped with sadness and genuine gratitude. She was still not completely convinced he was capable of so much violence. Only time would tell if his bite was as bad as his bark.

OOCSorry if this post is not up to par. I think I got out of habit! lol School has been piling up. I'll be back in the swing of things soon.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Linalyn on September 14th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Linalyn had been watching the drunken lady fight with a man who had only been trying to help. The raccoon girl snickered to herself. She understood the position the man was in, as Strell often came home drunk. So drunk he would make this female look completely sober. For the first time in a long time, she was not on the recieving end of the drunken madness.

As sudden as it started, it was over. Linalyn huffed to herself, her entertainment now gone. The Kelvic wondered if she should go and have a fight with that petching statue...
Linalyn
The Dancing Raccoon

Words: 7243
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ulric on September 17th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Ulric gave her a long glance. He didn’t know what to think, but there was something about her that made him chuckle sadly. “Fela, then,” he spoke with a nod, noticing the way her shoulders slumped, as if she was on the verge of crumpling. He wasn’t aware of the reasons she was doing this to herself, but even as his brow furrowed with concern, he thought he understood. He’d done the same through the course of his bleak life, though instead of succumbing to despair, he’d only become more defiant. Just another broken thing, seeking to get by in a broken world, he frowned, the pretense of the brute slowly sloughing away, leaving him with a pervading sensation of melancholy. He just stared at her, the sneer vanishing. “Fela, I don’t know what you’ve endured so far, but there is enough misery in our world already,” he spoke solemnly, moving closer so he could stare deep into her eyes. “I have seen it, felt it, caused it, and if there’s one thing I’ve come to understand, it’s that you must fight back. Not give up as you are doing. That is the way of a craven. Right now, you’re drowning your sorrows, but later you may seek to forget them in the solace of a rough embrace, or the sweet agony of a knife drawn over tender flesh. I ask you, are those ways of dealing with your sorrows, or do they just bury ache under more ache? Do you desire to keep drifting on despairing tides or do you wish to cast off your chains and exist apart from this misery? It may be the only thing you have left of the departed, but you’ve got to let go eventually, or drown.”

Ulric turned his head away, knuckles whitening as his fingers dug into his callused palms. He felt uneasy showing her something of the man that lurked within, but he could stop himself now. “Before, I said that I didn’t care,” he growled. “I lied. I only fear that caring would burden me with a sorrow that I am not sufficient to bear. I was charged with making broken things whole, but what can I do? There are so many. Fela, you could be so much more if you did not despair. This slurring and weaving around does not suit you. If you brushed the dirt from your face and the shreds of bark from your hair, you wouldn’t just seem another filthy wench wasting her life away. If you weren’t drunk, you could think clearly. If you weren’t enslaved by your misery, you could do something great,” he finished, desperately seeking to awaken the power that lurked within his chest, but it was for naught. He was just a man.

Abruptly, he heard the strains of laughter. Taking a step back, he glanced around, taking in his surroundings. There was a skinny girl watching them from a distance, but he looked away without a second thought. If she had something to say, she’d have to speak to his face, not his back.

Ulric heaved a sigh, disregarding his gasvik’s grumbling, and stared back at the woman who’d caused this whole mess. “Just… hold on a bit longer,” he frowned. Xhyvas is rising.
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on October 4th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Day 72 of Summer, 511 AV

She could not tear her gaze away from Ulric's. His words were beautiful and sad, the effort of controlling his emotions was plain on his face but his words betrayed him. Fela felt her chest grow tight at the realization that he was speaking truth. She was wasting away under her pain and agony. The events of the past still plagued her as current demons.

She offered him a more somber smile than her prior ones and made an effort to enunciate her words clearly as she fought through the haze of her inebriation,
And what about you? Have you brushed the dirt from your face? Without thinking Fela began to raise her hand up but stopped just short of touching the skin of his arm. Thinking better she lowered her arm once more and thought carefully on everything he had said.

Her own frustrations grew though the more she thought about it. She was an animal, a filthy animal that was trusted with one simple task and it was to keep her mate safe. She failed, she was a failure. Tears threatened to spill over the edges of her eyes and the invisible hands holding her up were starting to disturb her greatly.
Your words are pretty Ulric, lovely and full of truth, but you waste them on me. I am a dumb animal, nothing more. It's not worth your time to be concerned with a worthless cat. Her smile turned sour. The last thing you want is me getting attached to you. Trouble follows me where ever I go. It pained her to say this. No one she had met yet had caused her to think so clearly or deeply about the last year of her life. She believed he understood her in ways others cannot. Seeing and dealing death both left marks on their victims.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next