Najawe (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Najawe (WIP)

Postby Najawe on August 29th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Basic Information

Secret :
Name: Najawe (Na-HA-way)
Race: Chaktawe
Birthday & Age: 52nd Day of Winter, 489 AV, 21 years old

Aesthetic

Secret :
Long and broad-shouldered, Najawe is one of the tallest men of the Kalanue tribe. His body is well built, with a rippling chest and abdomen, and lean arm and leg muscles. His skin is a dark, burnt copper that has seen much sun. His hair is wild, a tangled mess of jet black that spills over his shoulders, a feature he is often too lazy to contend with, and so leaves bereft of any beads, feathers or bones. Even though Najawe's eyes are dark and hidden in the shadow of his brow, they always hold a bit of amusement, as if he were ever aware of some secret joke. Chaktawe and Benshira women frequently tease him about his long, feminine lashes, but he does not care. He believes that secretly, women like this feature of his. His eyebrows are fierce black things, thick and arched sharply above his eyes. The nose is strong and straight, the nostrils prone to flaring when Najawe is angry or amused. His jaw is narrow for his frame, and it suggests a cunning within him, like the sharpened edge of a heavy blade. His lips are full, the upper almost curling naturally, ever so slightly. His teeth are pearly white and nearly savage when he bares them, the canines sharp and pronounced. He has a warm smile that crinkles his eyes and makes them seem to shine.

Najawe wears a simple wrap of pelts about his waist, ending just above the knee. He is bare-chested save for the heavy mantle he fashioned for himself. Typical of Najawe, he grew impatient while making the cloak. It is made on one side of woven black raven feathers and on the other of various patched animal pelts. Around his neck he wears the skull of a crow on a leather thong, for while he is of the Kalanue tribe, he believes the crow to be a better bird than the raven. He respects the cleverness and intelligence of the crow. Over his eyes is the painted black stripe of the Kalanue.

Concept

Secret :
Najawe is the gentle giant; the melancholy spirit in the warrior's body. But he is young, too. Like most Chaktawe males his age, he finds pleasure in wine and women. They are an escape from the heavy responsibilities he holds to his family. In particular, Najawe is very protective of his sister, Chijana. Under the constant vigil of their dead mother's ghost, the two siblings can do nothing but attempt to satisfy her demands for excellence. Chijana less willingly than Najawe, but many tasks come more easily to her big brother. Secretly, Najawe wants nothing more than to shed the chains of responsibility and expectation and wander the Burning Lands freely, alone, the desert wind at his back, a wineskin at his hip and perhaps sometimes a woman by his side. But his increasing skill as a hunter is earning him unwanted attention, from sources both known and unknown.

The wild-haired giant is plagued by nightmares while he sleeps. He fears even to doze lest the dreams take him to what he calls, "The Darkening." He will speak no more of the thing, and refuses the help of the healers, Kalanue or otherwise. Instead, he sits by the fire beneath the reeling desert sky, brooding into the early morning hours, until his heavy lids are drooping and the coals begin to die, and he slumps down into a fitful, restless sleep. Of late, his eyes are drawn and tired, dark-ringed and a cloudy black. Every day brings him deeper into exhaustion.

Najawe guesses that his sister sees him working with roots and plants in the night, silently by the flames. In part, it is for Chijana and her troubled tongue, and in the other it is a search for a remedy that will give a dreamless sleep. To this end, nothing has come of it. He seeks the Tatsuwaat and the Keerdash Grove; they have roots there he has yet to explore.

His knowledge of medicine is born of pride and necessity, but he finds that working with the plants brings a certain peace and satisfaction that greatly overshadows the rewards of hunting and killing. Less and less, Najawe wishes to roam the desert in search of beasts to slay, and more so does he wish to remain with the tribe and work with roots and herbs.

There are times, when the Kalanue are trading with the Benshira, that Najawe will sneak over to their camps in the night to lie with some of their women. He finds comfort in that he will not likely see these midnight lovers again; they are a good and simple distraction and an excuse not to sleep. He sometimes returns to his own camp, a little drunk from the wine the women usually share with him, and sits looking content by the fire. It is these nights the dreams are worst. The cost of a few hours of forgetful bliss is a vulnerable mind. The Darkening feeds on Najawe's pleasures, even more so than he himself does. But the short period of thoughtlessness bring solace, and for Najawe, it is worth the fear. He cries out on these nights, something he is unaware of but his sister surely is. The little dog he gave her sometimes pads over and licks Najawe's face, so that he starts awake, sweating and panting, but grateful to the animal. Wearily, he will reward Waujaki with a scratch behind the ears.

By daylight, Najawe is in good enough spirits. Things seem clearer and more solidified to him. The landscape does not bend with shadows that in turn bend his mind. There is the sand and there is the sun and there is the heat and he is awake and he is not alone. He will play games with Chijana, finding ways to encourage her speech, and tease the young ones of the tribe, often creating little challenges to keep them entertained throughout a day of traveling. Things like, the one who can carry their drinking bowl on top of their head the whole day will earn a place at Najawe's fire that night.

Najawe has a good sense of humour, though he is extremely sarcastic. His laughter is something of a prize among the women of the Kalanue and the Benshira. Chijana can make him laugh the easiest, a trait the other women are jealous of considering the girl can barely speak.

There are thoughts that lurk in the far reaches of Najawe's mind, thoughts he dares not think lest he give himself away. In a secret place within, Najawe plots to somehow rid himself and his sister of their demented mother, Akaupe. Her place is at rest in the afterlife, and Najawe will see to it that she gets there. Soon...
Najawe
Haunted dreams make for sleepless nights.

Words: 3435
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Najawe (WIP)

Postby Avant Garde on September 19th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Greetings, and Welcome to Mizahar!

I am Avant Garde and I am what's known here at Mizahar as a Character Sheet Liaison. My job is to help others with their Character Sheets by making sure they are correct and prepping them for playing. Here I noticed a couple of things in your Character Sheet that need some tweaking.

I will note that your CS is listed as a WIP, but I just wanted to give you a nudge and make sure you are aware that you are missing key components to your CS, such as your skills, lores, equipment and possessions, and languages. If there is anything I can do to help you on your way to finishing your CS, please feel free to drop me a PM and I will happily assist you! Once the necessary additions are made to your CS and they have been checked for accuracy, I will remove my post from your CS. (:

Everything else looks good so far! Please make the mentioned adjustments to your Character Sheet and you'll be thread-ready! Thank you for your compliance, and I bid you a grand welcome to Mizahar! Feel free to message me with any further questions/comments/concerns. PM me after you have made the requested changes and I will remove this post.

Avant Garde

Avant Garde
Character Sheet Liaison

Words: 26584
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 5:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook