Greetings!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings!

Postby Arcturian on February 11th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Hi. You can call me Grey! I'm brand new to Mizahar, and I'm still snooping around the lore and everything, but I like what I've seen so far, so much that I knew I'd be joining anyway and I know forums usually have an introductions page - I thought I'd start working on mine. :nod:

Reading through the information on this website, I can tell that the world of Mizahar is vast. I was so excited when I found it, I couldn't wait to keep reading everything. Similarly, I can't wait to start roleplaying, and I hope that there are others who will roleplay with me!

To say a little bit about myself: I'm 18 years old (soon to be nineteen); I've been roleplaying for about five of those years. I started out as a real lame-o, posting really bad one-liners and generally just getting on everyone's nerves. In five years, I've become a detail-oriented paragraph roleplayer, and I've developed an intense interest in one-on-one storylines, or storylines between a small number of characters who have fostered a deep relationship with one another. I observe the expanding and deepening of these relationships with an almost trembling excitement - I just love to see how they grow. I'm looking to find people who are interested in these things, too, as well as group RP to jump into to develop my character, once he or she is made!

I am a female, but my specialty seems to be male characters or female characters with masculine tendencies or characteristics (tall, muscular, boyish personality). I suppose, for one, it's because I don't really relate very well to femininity, even with being a girl myself, and, secondly, when I read books and stories focused on female characters, I really look for a strong heroine to relate to. Dunno why! I think everyone loves a heroine. (Don't worry, though! I can play a very convincing male. My skill has been honed over the years!)

Aaaaanyway. I'm a very nice person, so don't be afraid to talk to me! :) I enjoy all kinds of RP, from dramatic, to tragic, to dramatic tragedies and tragic romances (I sort of gravitate towards these, but it doesn't limit me!), and anything else that you can think of. That said - I'm open to all ideas! I mean, literally, all of them; I'm not, by any means, close-minded, so if you've any suggestions at all, throw them my way!

So, now that I've rambled on a bit about myself, I think it's time to bring this post to a close. Thank you for reading! I look forward to getting into some good stuff on here, so be ready. :ninja:

See you 'round!
This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.
Arcturian
Player

Words: 1172
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 3:36 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Re: Greetings!

Postby Aneira Haimati on February 11th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi and welcome! I'm new, as well, and was drawn to Mizahar for many of the same reasons as you.

Everyone here is incredibly friendly and so helpful.

I hope we'll get the chance to RP together soon. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a character concept!
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Satu on February 11th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Dramatics...? Tragedies...? Dramatic, tragic romances...?

Yay! I'm a HUGE fan of those too. Anyway, welcome to you and good luck with your character!

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Abashai on February 11th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Welcome Grey, I think you will fit right in and find the kind of RP you are looking for. Feel free to drop by chat and get to know some of the players.

If you haven't yet, check out the Starting Guide on the home page (left column) and feel free to ask questions!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Laeraix Cerys on February 11th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Welcome Grey,

The amount of information on Mizahar really is awesome, and it keeps growing everyday. I can't wait to see what kind of character you make, and hope to see you in Mizahar soon.
Laeraix Cerys
Wandering Amid Dreams

Words: 40215
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cynara on February 11th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Grey. :) I love tragic romance storylines, too.
Cynara
The Doll Witch

Words: 122
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on February 11th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Well met and welcome to Mizahar! I love the tone of enthusiasm that prevails in your intro post. Mizahar is all about positive vibes, nice people, and community so I can tell you first hand you are very very welcome here, especially packing your especially friendly attitude.

Any help we can give you we'd be glad to try. Questions can be asked here or in chat... and so don't be afraid to... although something tells me you aren't shy.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your rp experience here. I have a feeling I'll enjoy reading your threads just as much as I have your intro. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cayenne on February 11th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Grey!

Looking forward to seeing you in chat! :)
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on February 12th, 2010, 12:28 am

Greetings and most superlative salutations.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Arcturian on February 12th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Thanks some more, everyone~ I'm working on a character, now. Well, choosing a race. Gosh. So many decisions. :retard:
This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.
Arcturian
Player

Words: 1172
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 3:36 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Next