How DO you hunt someone?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

How DO you hunt someone?

Postby Reaver on September 4th, 2011, 2:56 am

[1 Fall, 511av]

Reaver found himself at a loss. His desire to learn more about those passed from death had only risen in the time spent pondering the ghost, and yet he had no idea how to follow through. Aello was the name given to him, and sense he's not found that ghost sense. He sighed a heavy sigh, it was time to make his search all the more serious. He found himself at... a less-popular tavern of some sort, didn't even check the name. He was quite a ways from his home, and rather unfamiliar with the environment.

Reaver approached a man who held an aura of importance around him. "Excuse me for the intrusion, but does the name Aello ring any bells? Delivering this letter was a dieing man's wish, and I'd rather not he haunt me." The man only stared him down, before continuing onward. Reaver scanned his face, but couldn't find even a trace of any answer. Better not gamble against him. Reaver mused to himself.

That aside, no-answers and bad answers were all he was likely to get, he knew that. He made his way twords the entrance, and was stopped at the entrance. "Name." "Reaver, why?" The man in front looked rather tough, but didn't have any sort of intimidating expression. He looked, bored, for the most part. "You're not on the list, this is an established place for..." His eyes scanned Reaver over. "Those who walk a higher path in life." It was the first time Reaver's cold emotionless stare was intentional.

"Aye? Then why do they leave your establishment so close to the water? Do you reduce their status in life then? I think not. Is your entrance so far I cannot reach it? No, you just don't use the vocabulary you need to. How about instead, this is a 'members only' establishment, and I need to pay the membership fee? Or perhaps, I'm just not dressed well enough, I would upset a patron. A higher walk of life, yet I see you here, when I look down."

The man kept his emotionless expression, didn't flinch at all. Reaver let out a sigh. "I'm just looking for someone by the name of Aello. I have no call to disrupting this place. Why not just tell me if that's a name on the list, and then I'll see about walking tall if I find need to return." The man looked to Reaver, then the papers he was holding in his hands.
Last edited by Reaver on September 6th, 2011, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

How DO you hunt someone?

Postby Reaver on September 4th, 2011, 3:20 am

It was this time that an older gentleman walked out of the establishment. Rather then just carry on by, he stopped and even asked. "Is there a problem out here?" The bored man out front just looked to Reaver. "Ah, it's a personal problem of mine, not one of the establishment here. I was hoping to find an 'Aello' among the patrons. I have a letter." This man had a different air around him all together. He waited a few moments before continuing. "A, personal letter I take it." "In regards to a dead man, actually. But it was not his letter, no."

Something was off about this guy, he read into that far too quickly. Well, not that it was a bad thing, he supposed. He really didn't have any intent to cause trouble here, after all. "Even if I let you in, you wouldn't know this person if you saw them. What is your take on this, then?" "I have my reasons. I don't see why they would concern you, however. I'd like to be selfish enough to have a chat with Aello in the meantime." The man stared at Reaver a few more seconds, not quite sure what to make of him.

He turned to the 'guard' in front. "Is she?" "No, sir." He looked back to Reaver. "There you have it, do try and stay out of trouble, I never hear good things coming from such searches." Reaver almost shuddered, this man wasn't what he seamed at all. Even his Djed seamed as though it flowed abnormally. Reaver made his bow, right and proper. "Thank you for your assistance, I'll do my best to accomplish my goals safely. I'll keep this place in mind, should I feel a call to the higher walks of life." The line was a test. The man had one answer. "I'll be waiting." A terrible answer, neither wrong nor right. What sort of man read minds anyhow? Reaver stood and made his way to his next stop. Maybe she isn't among the nobles.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

How DO you hunt someone?

Postby Reaver on September 19th, 2011, 7:10 pm

The next stop was a location for the poor, and the weak. Though they scatter to everywhere, the older sections of town were always kept... alive. Someone always filled the holes as they appeared. Reaver has done that himself a couple times to escape a bad event or two. They always forget eventually. "My my, Reaver. I don't see you about dressed up, not here on the lam?" Reaver turned about suddenly, eying whoever just snuck up behind him.

The worst part, was he didn't see anyone. "Well, forgive me if I don't recognize your face. Perhaps a reintroduction would be appropriate?" He continued to survey the area, to no effect. "Aw, do you not remember at all? It's only been, what, forty years? I've gotten myself a little niche in the world." "Well, that's pleasant. Pleasantries out of the way, I'd like to move to business then." Something close to sinister came to this man's voice. "No, I think not. I want to play a game." Reaver never welcomed those words from people who hid something... it usually lead to him making an escape from hunters.

His sinister intent never left throughout the conversation. "Hide and seek, you seam very bad at it. I was thinking cat and mouse, but that would be cruel to do to an old man. How old are you now? Just over a full hundred? It would be cruel to rid Ravok of such a survivor." Reaver kept his emotionless drull, perhaps it would calm him down a touch as well. "Sorry, I doubt I could win your game at all, given my age. My eyesight is not what it used to be, and my ears haven't done me any good thus far. Even if we switched roles, your youth would lead you to victory." It had an opposite effect, or maybe it was the refusal. The anger following was almost an explosion. "You can't say no, I could always switch the game back. You wouldn't want that house of yours to burn down, would you?"

Reaver was disappointed, and it could show in his voice this time. "Such a simple reason? So, what goal does this game have? What do you get when I lose?" It was enough to bring him to high spirits again. "I get to play a game with the ageless wonder, who rumors claim to be immortal. Maybe I still do want to play cat and mouse, but I'm feeling generous today." Reaver went back to his emotionless speech. "A test of your skills, then? I suppose. Go and explain the rules of your game, as you already stated the goal." More anger from the other. "You don't sound very grateful!" Reaver left it off with another shrug. Perhaps if he was angry enough, he wouldn't think to come out of hiding nearly as quickly, and Reaver could make his own escape. Too angry, though, and it became a hunt.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

How DO you hunt someone?

Postby Reaver on September 20th, 2011, 4:25 am

He grinned, not even trying to hide his intent. "The rules are simple, you hide, and I hunt. When I find you, run." "Ah, like any murder then. Do I win if I reach a specified time limit or location? Do I get a head start? And most importantly, are there any restrictions?" A pause. Was this his head start? Reaver cautiously walked up to the nearest house. Rather then find his way to the door, he made his way to around the side. "I've decided." The voice was very sharp and clear, such as right next to him. "Ten seconds, as is usually the case. We'll say, you need to reach your house. And as far as restrictions... I can't think of any. Fight back if you can, I want to see how far you can go. Begin."

It wouldn't be hard for the man to figure out Reaver's 'hiding' place, but it might be another thing entirely to follow. He knelt down, and used his cloak to mask his action. He focused his Djed, drawing out Res. With some effort, it spread along the section of building he was on, and he set it ablaze as he lept into the water. He grabbed the edge of the building as he went down, and used the boards underneath to climb his way under. No normal person could advance on a man hiding under a burning building. He looked about, no-one following. He even looked up, it seamed the building wasn't even ignited. He frowned, his skill was surely lacking, or that man dealt with the fire first. Reaver continued to hide there a while, he was supposed to head home, but perhaps the lad would chase him down.

There was only one part of this game Reaver knew caused major trouble... the other never said, not once, that he was to 'catch' Reaver, or that doing so would end the game. Like he expected Reaver to rise from the grave to finish it. Perhaps, it was cat and mouse after all.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook