Khaled

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Khaled

Postby Khaled on September 8th, 2011, 4:38 am

Race: Benshira
Birthday & Age: Autumn 490 AV, 21 Years old.

A man of average build, and above average height, Khaled stands 6' 2” and weighs 155 lbs. His hair is coal black and his eyes are brown, an uncommon trait amongst the Benshira. Because of his features, Khaled could perhaps be considered hansom, but he spends little time highlighting this, he goes unshaven for months at a time, and his hair is rarely combed.

On Khaled's left hand is the mark of Rak'keli, an opal snake whose head starts at the tip of his middle finger, it twists its way all the way down to his writs, with the wings taking up most of his index and ring finger.

Khaled wears simple thobes, with not a hint of white, and a small keffiya to protect from the sun. Around his right wrist a set of prayer beads are wrapped, a gift from his father before he set out on his journey. Etched into each of the wooden beads is a word from one of the most commonly used prayer to Yahal, intended as both a good luck charm and a reminder.

Curiosity is the greatest driving force of Khaled, even though he has been hurt by it before, he continues to seek and wonder, as a consequence he loves learning. Poetry is one of the forms through which he expresses his great love for learning and words, there are few things that he enjoys as much.His boundless curiosity also manifests itself in a terrible wanderlust, in his heart he knows that there is a place, a purposes, waiting for him, all he has to do is find it.

Having spent most of his growing life caring for others: human, animal and the occasional other, Khaled finds the notion of harming others repulsive.
Last edited by Khaled on October 1st, 2011, 10:46 am, edited 13 times in total.
Khaled
Player

Words: 18131
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2011, 2:40 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Character History & Thread List.

Postby Khaled on September 8th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Khaled was born in a small tribe of wandering Benshira, his left hand bore the signs of Rak'keli, and so instead of a shepherd he was put in the healers' tent to be taught. As he grew, he absorbed every word and gesture from the men and women there, learning to not only heal through the power of his Gnosis, but also through the labor of his hands, much to his joy.

At the age of 15, Khaled helped deliver a colt amongst the horses they had acquired from some foreigners. From the first moment he saw the little creature, he was fascinated by him, without hesitation he asked that he could have him. It took much bargaining, but the owner finally agreed. Nidal, Struggle, he named the colt, for the stallion seemed to have a temper when dealing with anyone else, but treated Khaled with much respect. When Nidal grew large enough to saddle, Khaled started taking the stallion out for long rides in the deep desert, often staying amongst the great dunes for several days before spurring Nidal back towards home.

It was during one of these excursions that he found a seemingly abandoned and run down caravan, all sings pointing towards it having been raided by bandits. Curious, Khaled explored the caravan to see what might be left, inside he found an old man, the bandits had badly hurt the man. Knowing that the man would possibly not live if he tried to move him, Khaled set up camp and gave the man as much aid and food as he could spare, before setting off to his home and for more help.

It took several days for Khaled to return with help, but thankfully the man was still alive and they successfully transported him to their encampment, where they could treat him. Later, when the man was more lucid, he thanked Khaled for his help, and when he asked what he could do to return the gift that Khaled had given him for saving his life, Khaled replied, wishing for the man to teach him. When the man asked teach him what, Khaled said everything.

The man had long since been robbed of his sight, so Khaled would bring him his meals, and the man would speak to Khaled of far away lands, and about a place called Syliras. Enthralled, Khaled hung every word from the man's tales, he event went as far as to spend as much time as he could in the man's tent, sometimes even at the cost of his work. One day curiosity overcame Khaled, and he asked the man how he had come to be blind, the man responded that he did not see as Khaled saw, that although his eyes did not work, he had a sight that transcended them. Khaled asked if such sight could be taught, and the man said, yes.

For a time, Khaled marvelled at his new found gift, and although it was a tiresome, it was also intriguing. He still returned to the old man's tent, eager to hear more of his exploits in the lands far away. When asked how he could have survived such dangerous burdens, the man told him that as spirit could change ones sight, so too could it enhance ones body, for when body and spirit worked entwined, nothing could stand before their might. Once again Khaled asked the man, can such things be taught, and again the man said, of course.

As the man's tales were reaching their end, Khaled began to think. The man had once been a mighty warrior, a force beyond comparison, but now, he was wracked by decrepitude and weakness, so as before, Khaled enquired of the man. This time however, the man declined, saying that he would not let his young friend know. Angered by the old man's denial, Khaled pointed out that the man had promised to teach him everything. The old man sighed, and told Khaled, that if he were to teach him what had been requested, he would teach him no more. Begrudgingly, Khaled agreed.
And so the old man taught Khaled of the hunger.

It was not long after that that the old man passed away, leaving Khaled with an odd sense of remorse, and as time passed he grew ever more restless, until the day came that he packed his few possessions and left.

Khaled's only constant companion on his journey is the horse Nidal, named so because of his violent temper, although he is one of the most gentle creatures around Khaled, the stallion abandon any and all sense of gentleness with others.

Fall 511 AV
1st day: And So, The Tourists Arrive: in progress
3rd day: Of Horses and Men: in progress

Flashbacks
Winter 506 AV: The Annual Meeting - in progress
Last edited by Khaled on September 13th, 2011, 2:41 am, edited 17 times in total.
Khaled
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Questions and Answers.

Postby Khaled on September 8th, 2011, 2:02 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Khaled, from the tents of Shehezard, of the sons of Hirim.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? As of yet, I have none.
3. How old are you? 21 years of age.
4. What is your height? Last I was measured, I stood over six feet.
5. What is your weight? I weigh around 11 stones.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am pretty average in all aspects but my height, I am a little taller than most my kin. My left hand carries the mark of Rak'keli the goddess of well being.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. My impression is that the opinion of others does not differ from from my own on this subject.
3. What is your favourite body feature? My tongue, the tool the which Yahal gifted me which, so that I may praise the word.
4. How physically fit are you? Not very, I do not do many physical tasks.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Simple.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My father is Shehezard, of the sons of Hirim and my mother is Sa'diyah, from the tents of Shehezard, of the sons of Eliada.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? No.
3. What is your extended family like? I have an uncle.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Yes, it is not just blood that should bind people together, but spirit.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Definitely, Nidal is the closest thing I have to a brother.

1. Where were you born? Eyktol, I can not be more specific as that, as I do not know.
2. Where do you live now? On my feet and by my hands.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Nowhere, for that would mean I am no longer travelling.
4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time? The world.
5. Where do you fear to be? On a standstill.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No, I am physically healthy.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Shiber, Common and Twanna. In my native tongue, I am quite eloquent and I enjoy playing with words. In both Common and Twanna my tongue still fails my thoughts when it comes to expression.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? does speaking to your horse count?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? No.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? My main profession is as a traveller, but I moonlight as a healer.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I enjoy it immensely, being able to help other is a great experience.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I'd be what I am.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Healers, their skills are truly awe inspiring.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? Anything to do with harming people, I think it's abhorrent.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I quiet one I guess, I spent a lot of time sitting in front of the healer's tent, and the rest running around like all the other children.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Playing with my father after having finished my duties in the healers' tent.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I remember being scared of the dark, huddling closer to my parents as the winds hissed through the tents.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? They were very tolerant, all things considered. I still believe I owe my father for getting me into the healers' tent.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Zachary, the old man who taught and told me so much.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Rudimentary, I can read and write, but not much else was encouraged.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love it.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? By doing. Don't get me wrong, I would never have learned about Djed if not for Zachary, but I almost everything else I have learned through action.
4. How do you learn best? By doing.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I wish to learn as much as I possibly can.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I have yet to form any close bonds with anyone but my parents and my horse, I guess it has never really been an issue.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I believe there is good in everyone, and if you're the first to present it, then you're also more likely to receive in kind.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Don't know yet, never really thought much about it.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No, not yet.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Ahem...

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. There wasn't really much in the way of alcohol where I grew up.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? I have no
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I have yet to try any, but it could be an interesting experience.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I think they're an unknown, I have yet to try them, so I don't think I should rule them out. But other than that, I don't know yet.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I enjoy poetry.
2. Do you like to read? Yes, I would like to get my hands on anything educational if I could.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? being unable to express myself properly to another.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Riding.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I have yet to really experience intimacy, so such things would probably evoke some uncomfortable reactions.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Every waking hour.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The sea, I am still trying to fully comprehend the sheer size of such a thing.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Rain, the sensation of raindrops on my face is spectacular.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I'll let you take a guess.
2. What are your religious views? I worship Yahal, my father even game me a set of prayerbeads.
3. Would you be able to kill? No.
4. What are your views on sex? An intimacy best saved until after marriage.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Being happy with your own deeds.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst, asking Zachary to teach me of the hunger. The best? Saving Zachary's life.
2. What is your greatest regret? That I never got to thank Zachary for everything he taught me.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Best, the day Nidal was born. Worst, the day I found Zachary dead.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would probably thank Zachary for everything he had taught me.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? When I finally saddled up to leave for Syliras.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I try to be as honest as I can about how I feel.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Anyone who would use violence to solve their problems are not worth associating with.
3. What makes you happy? A number of things.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Nidal.
5. What makes you angry? People who would oppress or hurt others to further their goals.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Nicely, mostly.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? I have no one at the moment.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? My father, he was a good man and many of the things he has taught me I hold in high regard.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. And, I haven't give it much thought really.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why Nidal.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? There is nothing inherently wrong with conflict, only harm is wrong.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? if it will lead to adventure, I would certainly give it a try.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? No, it becomes so hard to see eye to eye with a person if there are too many around.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not really.
5. What do you think of others, in general? Everyone has good in them, treat everyone as a potential friend and things can't go that wrong.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My will to learn.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I don't know where I belong.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I can't think of anything I would want to change about myself.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? I healthy mix between the two.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I am a pretty organised person, though the higher up is pretty messy so we will see how that works out.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Yahal, but perhaps that's because it is he who I grew up worshipping. But what little I have have heard of Rak'keli is very appealing, and I do carry her mark.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don't fear any of them.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Short of causing someone harm, I don't think there would be much I wouldn't do. Not that I'm one of those people so devoted as to try and do everything in the name of my god.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? As I said, harming someone is where I set my limits.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Adventure.
2. What is the best part of life? To live.
3. What is the best part of death? It is another journey.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? old and content, having completed my last fantastic journey.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? I don't think that I need to be remembered.
Last edited by Khaled on September 9th, 2011, 10:10 am, edited 14 times in total.
Khaled
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Training, Language and Lore.

Postby Khaled on September 8th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Auristics 9/100 (9 pts - starting package)
Flux 5/100 (5 pts - starting package)
Leeching 5/100 (5 pts - starting package)
Medicine 26/100 (26ts - 11 starting package, 15 racial starting bonus)
Poetry 5/100 (5 pts - starting package)
Riding 10/100 (10 pts - starting package)
Wilderness Survival 5/100 (Desert) (5 pts - starting package)
Shiber (Fluent)
Common (Basic)
Twana (Poor)

Rak'keli - Marked

History of Syliras
Human Anatomy
Last edited by Khaled on September 9th, 2011, 9:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
Khaled
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Equipment and Possessions.

Postby Khaled on September 9th, 2011, 8:12 am

Backpack
  • Book, blank
  • Kit, Healer's
  • Knife, Eating
  • Flint & Steel
  • Food (1 weeks worth)
  • Prayerbook
  • Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
  • Vial, ink (3)
  • Waterskin
  • Whetstone
Bedroll
Blanket, winter
Clothing
Nidal, Eyktolian Desertbred/Cyphrus Strider mix.
Prayerbeads
Rope (50 ft)
Saddlepack
  • Toolkit, Animal Groomer's
  • Prayerbook
Tack
  • Bit and Bridle
  • Halter
  • Horse Blanket
  • Saddle, Riding
Custom Starting Package + 500 gm
Prayer Beads: Heirloom