Hello, everyone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello, everyone

Postby Siana Skyglow on February 18th, 2010, 3:31 pm

I was introduced to this site by Ashivirsthargon, and I must admit that at first I had some misgivings. Not only was I apprehensive about adding more items to my RP plate, but also the sheer amount of content and new information about Mizahar convinced me that I'd have to do a ton of research before I could even start thinking about creating a character. However, some of the races, like the Eypharians and the Vantha, looked interesting, so I decided to read through a few articles. Before I knew it, I ended up devouring the racial write-ups and was eagerly following links to read about the history and geography of Mizahar. I liked the Vantha so much that I thought, "Well, it couldn't hurt just to try making a character sheet, just for fun. Right?"

While I was writing it, I also took a look at some of the threads in the game and was astonished by the quality of writing and the dedication and originality of the players. Looking at other people's character sheets and posts inspired me to work harder on my own character sheet. In the end, I got so into writing the character's concept and history (even though she's a very run-of-the-mill character) that I gave in and decided to start playing.

Most of my RP experience has been in play-by-post formats, so I actually feel pretty at home here. Usually, those stories were confined to a single thread, though, so Mizahar's system will take some getting used to. Otherwise, I look forward to writing and roleplaying here. With the many excellent writers that I've seen around here, I just hope I can keep up! :)

I do have one highly tangential pet peeve so far, though. I've seen many players include gorgeous avatars and images in their character sheets, and I have no idea where to find something for my character. Is there a secret image bank somewhere, and if so, can I be let in on it? How did you guys find images to illustrate your character?
Siana Skyglow
Fire and ice

Words: 70143
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2010, 11:49 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Re: Hello, everyone

Postby Aneira Haimati on February 18th, 2010, 3:42 pm

Hi there, and welcome! I'm fairly new to Mizahar, too, and can relate to your experience. It's difficult to turn down the opportunity to play in such a promising community and setting!

I can assure you that it's everything it promises to be, in my experience! It will be great to have another Vantha around, too - my character is Mixed blood (Vantha & Human) and comes from Avanthal, so I look forward to playing with someone else in that area, as there are few of us. :)

Now, off to read your sheet. :D

P.S. I get my character images usually through DeviantArt.com, and request permission of the artists if they specify that.
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Conor on February 18th, 2010, 4:02 pm

http://www.drakonis.org

you can find hundreds of small avatars there... But they are mostly limited to humans/tolkien races/other races that are often used (like felines, lichs,...)

But where are my manners? Welcome! I hope you and I can RP together sometime soon!
* Sire, we are surrounded!
* Excellent! Now we can attack them frome every side!
Conor
Player

Words: 47461
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Race: Human

Postby Siana Skyglow on February 18th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

@Conor: Hmm, that link doesn't seem to be working. I like your sig, though. :)

@Aneira: Yay, another Vantha! It does seem like Vantha characters are few and far between, which is surprising for a race that I found so cool. Literally and figuratively. I hope we can work something out so our characters can interact in-game.
Siana Skyglow
Fire and ice

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Conor on February 18th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Link works for me... As soon as the site appears it loads something like xtml (or whatever first) and then you can browse through the avatars by categories

thx for the compliment bout my sig :)
* Sire, we are surrounded!
* Excellent! Now we can attack them frome every side!
Conor
Player

Words: 47461
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Race: Human

Postby Gossamer on February 18th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Glad you decided to stick around! I look forward to reading your stories. I think this means I need to get Avanthal put in as soon as possible. The Vantha are taking over.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cayenne on February 18th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Hi Siana, welcome to Mizahar! Yay for the Vantha!
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Ashivirsthargon on February 18th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Hi Siana!

You seem nice, but the guy who told you about this place is a total jackass.
Ashivirsthargon
OM NOM NOM

Words: 50270
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 12:21 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Siana Skyglow on February 19th, 2010, 1:21 am

He is? Really?

Well, I guess that is an appropriate thing to call someone who "needed a little snack," turned around, and swallowed a donkey whole.
Siana Skyglow
Fire and ice

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aneira Haimati on February 19th, 2010, 1:53 am

That's funny - I almost chose that avatar, too! It's beautiful - good choice, and so fitting for your character as I pictured her, I think! :)
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next