Clay and Cugacon (Cugacon)

A Pycon and an Akalak meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Eruditus on October 12th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Fall 15th
Just so you knowTo be clear, you are the guy who stepped on me :D
Sticking to the sides of the street, Eruditus did his best to avoid being squashed. While it wouldn't really be a problem as long as his head was uninjured, it was amazingly inconvenient. I wish I was taller he thought gloomily, and probably not for the last time This place just isn't made for Pycon. As melancholy as he was, he might have been mistaken for an Akvatari if he wasn't the wrong shape. What I need is a valet he thought, dodging away from a large blue foot that came cashing down next to him or a least a friend who doesn't mind a passenger now and again.

Eruditus was so preoccupied with thoughts of valets and improperly sized cities that when another foot came down, its owner unaware of the Pycon, he didn't move. Squish. Luckily, he had been standing in such a way that only his legs were crushed, and his head was perfectly intact. By the time Eruditus had registered this, and scraped his legs off the bottom of the boot, he was already several yards away from where he had been.

Sprouting an extra pair of arms to aid him, the Pycon climbed up the blue man's clothes and up to his shoulder, furiously mad. "Hey! How about next time you look where you're going, you vagik!" He shouted, almost hopping with rage. He was so angry that he actually considered using voiding to dispose of this piece of shyke for a full second before realizing how idiotic that would be. Still, he was angry at this moron, and he wanted an apology.
Eruditus
Playah

Words: 1232
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2011, 11:43 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Cugacon on October 13th, 2011, 3:14 pm

To say that Cuga was lost in thought would have been a tremendous understatement. Normally a very focused individual who had no time or use for daydreaming or musing when his attention was required elsewhere, the events of the last few days had certainly found him far more introspective and pondering these radical, overnights changes in his life. As he walked through one of the beautiful thoroughfares of the city, winding his way upwards to the top of the falls, the plain, and the bridge that spanned the Bluevein, he was not paying as much attention to where he placed his feet. For a hunter, of both game animals and enemies of his race, one solitary footfall gone astray might make the difference between success and failure, life and death. So for Cugacon to actually step on someone – and not even realize it – spoke volumes about his present state of mind. Regardless of the victim’s diminutive size, there really was no excuse.

The first the Akalak – not tall for his race but gigantic to the Pycon - knew of the other’s presence was the slight sensation of something crawling up his trouser leg. This brought Cugacon to an immediate halt – at least all of his senses had not gone dormant – and he stared down with a frown. Thinking at first he would see some sort of bug, one eyebrow shot up when he realized that the figure ascending his clothing like he was some sort of ladder to the heavens was instead one of the tiny clay people. They were not to be seen every day of the week in Riverfall, but neither were they such a rarity that he didn’t immediately know what his new passenger was. The thing was quick though – he was possessed of a climbing speed and skill any Akalak would have been proud of – proportionately speaking. Wondering what in the name of Wysar the thing wanted with him, Cuga waited while Eruditis clambered onto his shoulder.

Maybe he should have flicked the little guy with his finger and sent him flying.

As the Pycon vented his spleen in a quite vitriolic manner, Cuga got the gist of the thing’s complaint. Well – it was true – being squashed probably was not a very pleasant experience. On the other hand – the Pycon seemed to have suffered no permanent, or even painful, damage.

With his head bent fully to the side so he could actually see the creature, Cuga wondered for a brief moment, if he blew hard enough would the tiny man would go tumbling head over heels? But he wasn’t an inherently mean individual, so he said merely, “I take it I stepped on you, grandfather? Well, I’m sorry – that’s a bit rude, I have to admit. But at the same time, you can hardly blame me. You are rather tiny, you know. All the same, my apologies – I hope you’re alright. You seem to be. And now perhaps you can forget about pulling my hair in retaliation for your unfortunate experience.”

It hadn’t occurred to the Akalak how close he had come to having Pycon detritus deposited on his shoulder.
Cugacon
my brother, myself

Words: 90475
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook