[Flashback]Such a Pleasant Day[Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Whisper on October 17th, 2011, 4:15 pm

19th of Summer, 503 AV

An apple, a purple plume, and a silver miza that was left unattended next to the plume, not a bad haul for such a novice thief. She had taken up a bit of petty thieving as of late and was gaining quite a collection of items and money. The more interesting items were kept, perishables were consumed, and everything else was sold to someone that hopefully didn't have a connection to the person she just stole from. She was hungry so she had snatched an apple while the shopkeeper was tending to a paying customer but, as if only to add insult to the man she stole from, she placed the core where the apple had been when she finished eating it.

The purple plume caught her fancy a few minutes after she had eaten her apple. Something about feathers always caught her eye especially if it was purple like this one, purple being her color of choice, so naturally the little thief took it from the table. A stroke of luck was it that a shiny silver miza was left on the table because that particular shopkeeper was very busy today and the coin must have fell from a paying customer's hand.

Well that particular shopkeeper, even with being as busy as she was, spotted young Whisper walking down the street with her plume. Its worth was nowhere near any of the other items on her table, but there was only one thing she hated more than thieves and that was losing money. Thieves subsequently made her lose money so young Whisper was playing on two of her hatreds.

This is why that little red-headed thief was running now.

Apparently, this particular woman had a son who was an Ebonstryfe and this particular son was a mama's boy. So mama's boy gets another friend of his and chases after Whisper telling him it'll "be fun". He of course, meaning the chase since Ravok has been quiet lately, but the thief wasn't about to wait around to find out what he meant. She didn't like Ebonstyrfe. Period.

So where to run to? Layla, Whisper's mother, would be worse than waiting for the Ebonstryfe. She would say, "Adara! What the hell did I tell you about stealing?! Damnit, you can't turn into your father!" And that was one of the few things she knew of her father because besides that scolding, they never talked about him. Whisper knew her mother was a thief too, a good one at that, but she would never admit it when she used that as an argument and she would lose by Layla's ruling.

So home was out of the question. Reaver? A good friend and someone who hides many dark things. Shouldn't be too hard to hide a girl, would it? She changed her direction and paralleled a canal, weaving into the building whenever she heard boots turn the corner behind her. She roughly climbed a short wall, barely chest high, and scrambled over it to land on hard on the much bigger drop behind it. She stopped for a moment at the stunning pain in her legs from the eight foot drop but shook it off when the sound of boots sounded above her. She ran like a mouse in a maze because that is exactly what Ravok's streets looked like for the most part. A vault over a short wall (this time after looking on the other side) and a bounce off a building to change direction got her to a point where she could see Reaver's boat house. She listened to guess about where the men were and when she was satisfied at that she darted to Reaver's front door.

A series of quick knocks sounded on his door.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on October 26th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Ravok had been slow, lately. Almost like a lumbering bear about to enter his long winter nap. Perhaps, however, it was only because Reaver hadn't been doing well enough. If he keeps enough 'disliked' people alive, then more people wind up needing medical attention. He began to wonder if the city had a new doctor or two, schooled perhaps? He didn't like the idea, but he couldn't do anything about it if it were true. Maybe try 'studying' under one? Learn his trade right under one? That could be fun. If people stopped running from him, he could heal them with half their injuries.

"So, what made you think running on a broken leg would do you any good?" "Away from me, monster!" "I got you rather tied down now, don't expect a second chase." Ah, yes, perhaps he should have mentioned that first, that wasn't an example. The man before him on the table is a repeat customer, though things turned sour after he found out a little secret. One glance at his circle book and he runs around bleeding all over town. He's a lucky man, which made him all the better to work on. Even serious injuries were less likely to hinder him, as he was just shown. It was quite a fun chase, the leg being the only reason Reaver could keep up.

"I don't want to be turned into a newt!" "I'm not a witch, besides, I don't think witches can do that." "No, NO! Lies!" As fun as the conversation was, his accelerated heart rate wouldn't help him any, so Reaver proceeded to pulling out an old favorite from his days, a knockout herb. It took forever to find again, but it was worth having a small stock around. The man panicked, almost getting through Reaver's poor knot-work. Reaver got him all the same, and sighed with relief. It was a good thing he didn't struggle against the rope most of that time, or he probably would have died with the second chase. He was luckier then he knew.

He didn't have a lot of time to work, so he began right away. If he simlpy broke his leg, it would have been quick. Reaver started with the bone, forcing it back into place. He was sure the man would hurt, and probably not move for a couple days. All the better, he could study his 'luck' work on his healing. He then removed the shards of iron that had been lodged into his leg. They weren't rusted, and in fact looked cut that way. What sort of a thing shoots iron out like that? Maybe he fought a fence, had to tell. If it was lead, he'd be dead. He proceeded to the muscles, putting what was left of them back into place... he hopes. It wasn't much, just twisting it the correct way around. He was rather poorly built, though, so he didn't have much to mess up. From a logical standpoint, the man would never walk again. He ran on this thing not ten minutes ago, so logic didn't apply quite the same. He cleaned the wounds, rust could still factor in, even if he didn't see it. Not to mention a number of other odd things. Finally, putting the skin back together. It was an easy step, and he had quite some practice. He finished that up without a problem. Last, he soaked the leg in clean water. Only reason he ever carried it around. He then untied him, from here nothing would stop him from hurting himself more. He did his best to fasten a splint to him, but he wasn't sure how well it would hold.

The man was out for quite a while longer then he had anticipated. He had one more step, a note. He had to remind him he wasn't supposed to move. He would even mention the bad news, his immanent limp leg. Maybe it would motivate him to 'undo' the 'witch's magic' and learn to walk again. Who knows, it might kill him too. As he was writing, he heard a rapid knocking on his door. He glanced at the man, he could finish the note later, and dragging him somewhere so he wouldn't panic would be rather hard alone. With a sigh, he stood up from the chair, leaving the started note on his 'loot' chest.

"Come in, if you have the strength. If not, I'll be there."[/ooc] He would have given a time, but he was already there. He slid open the door, to find a familiar face come rushing in. He closed the door behind her, no need to let the air get colder faster. [color=#3355FF]"Well, a familiar face. I do wonder, your hands and legs work just fine. I have a task that I could use assistance with, if you felt so inclined." Was he hearing shouting outside? Good, it was always nice to have something happening. He'd look into it later.

OOCTook a liberty with you entering the house, I can change it if needed. His door is surprisingly hard to open in a hurry. Hopefully, not too much boring to read.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on October 29th, 2011, 1:40 am

She darted in and took up a hold near the window, if there was one, peering out subtly to see if the buffoons saw her run in. If there was no window, she would've made it clear for the door to stay shut by putting herself against it which is what she would've done after a few moments at the window anyway. She gave her trademark smile, something mixed between a sweet and innocent smile and a smirk, which was normally given when she was in a bit of a jam or she said something witty. "Reaver! How're ya doing m'friend?" she spoke, her quickened breath stealing a proper accent. The plume was tucked behind her ear though now her hair had flown about and mixed with the purple.

"I'd love t'help with 'im." she said assuming the man incapacitated was what her friend needed help with. "But um, if you can he-!" she was interrupted by a loud bang on the door with jarred her lithe frame from the door for a brief moment. She continued quickly in a hushed statement. [color=400000]"If you can help me first!"[/color] There was a bit of concern in her eyes at being so close to being caught, but it was greatly over shadowed by the playful gleam in her eye betraying her feelings towards stealing and the chase. The petty things gave her quite a rush and it was a lot of excitement for a girl who only really talks to two people. One being her mother and the other being a dead doctor, but she never complained rather she liked it that way.

Another jarring and a command from the door sent her pleading for Reaver to help her out, but that smile couldn't hide itself enough since she knew he would. "Open the door!"
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on October 29th, 2011, 2:40 am

Reaver simply watched her strange behavior, closing the door as prompted. He looked to her smile, always trouble for her. Well, it normally didn't follow her here. "Reaver! How're ya doing m'friend?" Well, that didn't bode well. The lack of windows was evident, but it wouldn't be hard to see through the holes in the walls. After she looked about, she went to bracing the door. A rather silly thing, the door slid open sideways. She seamed to have been running, or some exorcize, but most likely running. Well, we'll see what happens.

She began to talk, but a loud bang on the door interrupted. Upon her request for help, he answered by pointing behind the coffin on the floor. His house was small, and that was the closest thing to a hiding spot here. He began to wonder why she thought he could be helpful in that regard. All the same, the pounding continued. "Open the door!" "It isn't locked, if you lack the strength to open it I'll be there in a moment. I just need a moment to finish here." The banging seamed to change as they tried to figure out how to open the door. He turned around, and slid the door open a crack.

"You look healthy, that scream could wake the dead. It's a good thing I had a powerful sedative, or you would have scared my patient to injuring himself far worse." "A girl ran in here, a theif wanted by Rhysol. We're here to collect her." He stood back and gestured to the table. "I assumed I had a male patient. This is a really small house, it would be hard for anyone to hide here." He wasn't making things up, just omitting the truth.

The closer one looked inside, somewhat confused. "But, we heard her inside." "That was outside, behind the house perhaps? I heard a splash, perhaps she dove under?" He looked down at his feet, it wouldn't be hard to get an air-hole from under this house. A lie, but not unreasonable. "Were you too far away to hear the splash then? Sounds do travel right through this house. Besides, if you couldn't open the door, how could she?" They tensed up, not good. He hit a soft spot, and they never appreciated that.

"And what is it you do in this house? You look far more threatening then a little girl any day." His hand drew to his mask, it was always harder to defend himself. "I'm a doctor, I keep the people of this town healthy as I am able. I'd love to have a day off, if you'd like to question me. This city is far too unhealthy, and I can't care for my own health these days." He tried to appeal to their better nature, but noticed doing so was a mistake soon after. His hand lowered back down, and he put both behind his back. "Oh, the poor doctor is sick. Too bad you can't afford medicine with all that money you make. How does a doctor work in a dump like this, anyway?" "Oh, I can answer that well. If one of you have a 'medical condition' I'd love to use you for a demonstration." "Was that a threat?" Res began to form behind his hands, he rather hoped he wouldn't need to use it. He continued to speak, hoping he could adjust the mood. "Now now, how is free medical aid a threat?" His monotonous voice worked to his favor, they stood confused. They had trouble telling if he was offering aid or harm. They looked to each other, as if it would answer their question.

The Res at Reaver's hands would vanish, absorbed as he thought up a better idea. "I assure you, I have no need of making enemies today. I can help Rhysol by helping you, and I would do so at the chance. However, the longer you talk to me, the further that girl you're after swims away. I'll still be here, if you decide to come back. I have nothing to fear, being a follower of Rhysol under his protection, which you work so hard to maintain." Perhaps it was the monotone, or perhaps they lost interest. All the same, they left with a sour expression on their faces. With guards like them around, he would always have work. He smiled to himself, under his mask.

Now, back to his patient. He must really need that sleep to do so well. He opened his door further, and turned back to the man on his 'table.' He supposed a coffin made a rather grim table, but it was useful in several regards. The only real issue was it had a rather small height to it. The person on it aided well today, however. He walked around, and looked to his guest. Attention like that was worth something. "Well, I believe you mentioned being helpful. This man here is rather terrified of me, and I'd rather not have him awaken here on my table. The questions come later, I'm sure."

OOCIt was quite a jump, hanging out behind a table listening to all that. I could only imagine how I'd feel during something like that.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on October 30th, 2011, 5:54 am

Once she was positive everything was safe, which was clearly known since Reaver addressed her directly now, she picked herself up and smiled at him. She made her way around the table over to Reaver and his "patient". She looked over the man and tried to figure out what she would be doing this time. "I did say I would, like I always do when you do a favor for me." she said sweetly and turned to her curious friend. "And even when you don't, but I do enjoy your company."

She turned and took a step toward the patient and looked him over again but this time only a couple inches away. "So what did you do to this one? Or a better question would be, what will you be doing to him?" Her gaze went back to Reaver with a playful smile.

OOCShe would more than likely be trying not to laugh at them. And Im sorry about the shortness... I dont know what to do besides dialog.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on October 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Reaver pondered once again, she was a very strange person. How much of it was the mother, who seamed so calm, and how much of it was the father who wasn't apart of her life? Kids behave like their parents, even if they never met them. Even more strange for lucky orphans, who behave like their old and new parents.

Well, he can't dwell on it forever, even if he had the time. "I tend to enjoy any company not trying to bring about my long-delayed end. I did to him what I must, and will be doing as little as I can to make him worse. Was that the opposite of what you were hoping for today? I simply need him to be somewhere other then here, and my strength is not as such." He left his somewhat cryptic answer at that. Sometimes, they were fun all the same. If she asked again, he'd give a proper answer. He had to expect a strange answer in return for one of his questions, but sometimes that was also fun.

Given no other delays, he would continue on. He would go about trying to lift him, and wait for Whisper to do the same. As they carried him about, he'd continue their talk. "Now should we drag him to your mother? Perhaps she'd manage to convince him how crazy he is. Could you believe he ran away from me with his leg recently broken? That may be more the answer you were looking for."

OOCCryptically saying he isn't strong. You can decide where he's dragged to, Reaver doesn't care as long as he doesn't wake up feeling a need to use his leg.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on November 10th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Whisper helped him lift the man and followed his lead. "I... don't know, maybe. It's not that she can't do it, but rather, how're we going to get them there? I didn't take the boat out today, I just climbed the wall." she said, sure that he knew the only way to her mother's house was by boat or by scaling the wall above the door since the door was on the canal.

"And let me guess: He found out you were a nuit, right?" It was the best guess she had since almost everyone that found out, exclude herself, acted irrationally. She never understood what was so wrong about Reaver's existence, or really she couldn't figure out what other people thought was wrong about it. He was a living dead, so what? There were a lot of weird things in this world, yet nuits were marked as bad for it.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on November 10th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Did she never take that boat? It seamed silly to even have one if they never used it. Well, all the same that route was rather difficult. "Not a fan of the boat, and you live on boats? I suppose I could always get a boat of my own, but that can be expensive. It was just an idea, I may have been stretching a bit. Not having a boat rather limits my options, perhaps by the fisherman? Their stench might make him forget he could be in immediate danger for a time." Though, he couldn't trust that the fishermen wouldn't rob him... but he'd live for sure.

She asked an interesting question, more so for the answer. "Strange as it is, no." He would simply look at her for a bit, as if prompting her to ask. If she did, he'd continue the answer. "He was snooping around my house while I was talking to someone at the door the last time I saw him, and came across one of my more dangerous books. He of course labeled me a witch or something and ran off. His heavy fever at the time didn't let him get away from me then, either. I wonder if Rhysol happens to be playing with the man. Maybe Rhysol broke his leg just to watch him run from me." Even though Reaver never commented on his belief in Rhysol, he openly acknowledges his presence and power in this city. Sure, he would follow the motions like everyone else, but his beliefs were kept silent. "All the same, the guard took my book, I had to re-draw it. He'll probably complain to the guard again, I should hide it when I get back."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on November 22nd, 2011, 4:24 pm

She shrugged and smiled at his questioning over the boat. "I prefer to climb and use my body to get around rather than that old rotting boat." The mention of Rhysol made her frown briefly, but she did admire the god's work, no matter how twisted it was. He got things done, she liked that, but it was the way he did things at times that she didn't like. She was glad that she wasn't about to lose her friend to Ebonstryfe though. But even in that aspect, was Rhysol keeping Reaver here for his amusement? To think that he'd take notice was a funny notion at most, but anything was possible, right?

"And being robbed is better than dead, no?" she said and roaming eyes looked over the man. "He wasn't wealthy, was he?" she asked, that little thief starting to surface again and shone clearly on her delicate features. If a profit could be made so easily from a situation, she would like to be a part of it without a doubt.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets