A Lesson To Die For (Keido)

Keido and Ishkaral share a learning experience.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ishkaral on October 17th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Timestamp: 13th of Fall, 511 AV

Within the cold building, that was built by skilled stonemasons with no eye for detail or decorative value but with high experience in creating durable constructions, Ishkaral had seated himself on the wooden floor. Behind him was the door to Alvadas, in front of him was the door to his bedroom that multitasked as a storage room, to his left were 2 elaborate training posts firmly planted in the floor and to his right was a simple and an advanced practice dummy located.

Other than that there were a couple of padded armorsuits laying in a heap on the floor with some wooden weaponry scattered around it. Nothing that didn't have a connection with combattraining could be found inside the room. Yet none of that was of importance right now, the training that Ishkaral was undergoing was different than training his body. Right now, he was training his mind. Seated on his knees, with the elbows turned outwards and the palms of his hands on his upperlegs, he breathed in and out in a serene rhytm. His mind started to become empty, he couldn't feel anymore yet he perceived everything oh so clear. Once he reached the satisfactory level of relaxation while being clear of mind, he started to focus his djed on his own body. Slowly but surely he started to focus more and more djed on his hands, all the while his mind was clear of clouded thoughts and perceptions while his soul seemed elevated outside his body and perceived the changes happening to Ishkaral's body.

The skin on his hands started to change, it started to tighten around his flesh and bones so much that an outsider might have feared that his skin would shred itself but it didn't. His skin, instead of ripping apart, became darker and noticeably different of texture and thickness. His hands, up to his wrists, were now as dark as the night with deep emerald highlights around the borders of each thick section. He had effectively grown scales on his hands and wrists. He decided the time was right to start moving his hands and wristjoints to see if this was an useable morphification. He adapted the djedflow through his body so that the scales around his knuckles and joints were thinner so that he could easily ball his fist and move his wrist around. After a while of experimenting he was satisfied with the result and stopped infusing his body with djed, he had learned never to morph for an extended period of time. Especially at this level, his parents had hammered that in him for as long as he could remember.

" Never too long, never too much, never too small, never too big! "
A mocking voice rang through his mind...Eshacro was 'back', while Eshacro was equally diligent in honing his skills and proficiency, once training was over he was all play.

" Shut up Eshacro, if it wasn't for them we'd be monsters lingering in caves right 'bout now! Much like how you'd be if it wasn't for me. "

" Oh mister high and mighty, look at you all handsome in your shiny armor. If it wasn't for me you'd never have dared to step out of your little comfortzone so don't take that tone with me boy. "

" Whatever, lets have some rest for a bit and then work out. "

The conversation between the "soulmates" kept going as they both relaxed in the same vessel, laying on the floor with one leg over the other and both arms behind their head.

" Practice went well, I think that in time we can morph well enough to not need gauntlets anymore. We could just scale our fists and even create extremities on the knuckles if needed. "

This time Eshacro was the one reprimanding the other.

" Suicidal fool, haven't you learned nothing? Never too long, never too much! Do you want to become a lizardman? Don't play with games you don't know the rules of, boy! "

" Tssss...you're right though..."
Ishkaral mumbled the last part with his mouth but Eshacro heard it all too clear, satisfied and feeling superior he laid off Ishkaral and kept quiet for the time being.
GREEN: Ishkaral speaking.
BLUE: Eshacro speaking.
Ishkaral
Memories Can Be Deceiving

Words: 22310
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Keido on November 1st, 2011, 5:20 am

There was this building before him right now. A place which Keido could feel the sweat of training and the resolve to be strong. Yes, it was a place to train in Alvadas. A place which was strange in a city which pursued the arts if not for that colosseum which strived on blood of losers and victors alike. Keido could not miss the opportunity to try out this place and entered inside to see who he can find inside.

Opening the door Keido walked in into a room full of padded armour and wooden training weapons of course with the green skinned akalak in the middle. Keido was no stranger to these people after having lived in Riverfall for quite a bit. Other than the odd movements which were made while the akalak was using his muscles and djed both, Keido could not see much or know what he was up to.

Keido just stood there observing, seeing if he could learn anything and he would wait there until the akalak would move to stand up. Only then Keido would extend a greeting and ask what was on his mind all this time.

"Good afternoon akalak. If I am not mistaken this would be a training school like the Vantath Ralo Sasaran?"
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet