Juni

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Juni

Postby Juni on October 22nd, 2011, 2:08 pm

JUNI

Basic Information
:

Race: Human:Mixed – Inarta/Vantha
Age/dob: 18/Summer 15, 493 A.V.

Physical Appearance:

Juni is of average height for the races from which he was born, standing at 5’6”. He is a thin guy, weighing only 120 lbs. His hair is a deep red, usually worn short. His eyes are those of the Vantha race, with shifting colors in the iris, reflecting his mood. Generally they are dark with flecks of gold.

Character Concept:

Juni (short for Juniper) is a quiet, thoughtful guy. He spends the majority of his time working, as an apprentice glassmaker. When he does have free time, he spends it reading, singing or playing a flute left behind by his father. Though he doesn’t seem to have any particularly strong mental connection with the eagles and other raptors about Wind Reach, he does seem to have a type of bond with the smaller birds that can be found around the place, especially the song birds that show up in the summer. Juni has a pleasant, calm personality, though he can be a bit shy. He enjoys his work and loves to create beautiful pieces of glasswork and also beautiful music. He is also a good singer and has a very nice voice.

ImageCharacter History:

Juni was born to an Inarta mother and a Vantha father. His mother, Petal, is a Dek. She was born of unknown parentage herself and never displayed any particular talent for any skill. So she was made to do hard labor as a drudge. His father, Kelek, was a Vantha trader who made the long journey through the mountains to Wind Reach in order to trade for the beautiful glass work pieces the Inarta crafted. Petal was a very pretty young woman and Kelek was allowed to take her as his companion during his stay in the city. Intrigued by the place and the people, Kelek ended up staying for about two years. During that time, Petal became pregnant and gave birth to a twins. The elder twin was a son, whom she named Juniper, Juni for short. The younger twin was a girl, whom she named Poppy.

Eventually, Kelek left to return to his own wife and other children back in Avanathal. Without his support and protection, Petal was required to return to her hard life of labor. The twins were sent to the nursery to be raised by the attendants there. At age eight, both were sent to the youth section to be trained. Juni excelled at almost any task set him, as he was a very bright boy. At age ten, he was taken as third apprentice to a skilled glassworker, Senet.

For the past eight years, Juni has worked his way forward as an apprentice, learning everything that Senet has to teach him. At first, he was just responsible for very simple tasks. But watching Senet and the two older apprentices, bit by bit he first learned and then performed the many steps involved in working the molten glass into beautiful pieces. The oldest apprentice eventually left to set up his own business, and Senet took on a young boy once again. So Juni moved up in the ranks and was number two apprentice. Now, Bal, the number one apprentice, is ready to move on as well and soon Juni will be the number one apprentice. In a few more years, he may be ready to become his own master. However, Senet is getting old and he has spoken at length with Juni about possibly staying on as a partner and taking over when Senet is too old to keep a steady enough eye and hand doing the delicate work.

Update: In mid-Fall, 511 AV, Juni left Wind Reach with a traveling merchant and his caravan to head towards Sultros and beyond, to sell his and Senet's glasswares and look for new markets and ideas. His goal is to see a bit of the world and then return to take over Senet's business when he retires. One of his traveling companions is the merchant's son, Dain.

Second update: late Spring, 512 AV: Juni and the trader and his carvan have returned to Wind Reach to check on their friends and families and to offer assistance

Third update: late Summer, 512 AV: Juni, Breckel and Dain have returned to Sultros for more trading

NPC "Dain" :
DAIN

Race: Human
Age/dob: 24, Winter 15, 487 AV

Dain was born to a traveling merchant, a man hailing from Zeltiva, and his lover of the moment, a young woman of Sunberth, allegedly. At least that’s where his father claims he met her. She died giving birth to Dain, and no wonder. He was born in a make shift camp in the middle of a blizzard somewhere outside of Syliras, and it was a rough birth. His father, Breckel, carried on regardless, and went through a succession of other young women as Dain grew up, traveling all about Mizahar, and over the years acquiring a few half brothers and a half sister along the way. Breckel owned a well armed, well trained caravan of men and horses and mules. Sometimes – often – the lands they passed through were treacherous enough to require the hiring of additional guards. Dain lived through a handful of raids, and when he was old enough to be taught, he too learned how to handle a crossbow. For the most part he has escaped serious injury, with only a few minor scars to bear testament to the times he was not so lucky.

In Summer, 511 AV, Dain, Breckel and the others made their way up Mt. Skyinarta, to trade for the precious swords, if they could convince anyone to part with them, and the beautiful glass work crafted in Wind Reach. When they left, about mid-Fall, one of the Inarta glass blowers came with them – a youth by the name of Juniper. Upon descending the mountain, they set their course for Sultros, reaching the citadel sometimes in the winter. There they were to remain until the Spring, when they would press on to Alvadas. During the course of the travels and the trading in Sultros, Dain has become very close friends with Juni.

Skills:

Weapon – Crossbow : 10
Wilderness Survival: 10
Land Navigation: 10

Languages:

Fluent: Nari
Basic: Common
Poor: none

Training:

Skills:
Glassworking – 30 [starting package 20 – racial bonus 10] +4 [XP] = 34; competent
Singing – 15 [starting pakage] - novice
Play A Musical Instrument (flute) – 15 [starting package] – novice
Medicine - 1 XP - novice
Observation - 5 XP - novice
Rhetoric - 2 XP - novice

Lore:
History of glasswork
Music of the Inarta
Knowing the meaning of Hard Work
Medicine: Burn care
Zith: Behavior Changes After the Storm
Poppy: An Untimely Death
Vaas' Experience of the Storm
Vaas' Impish Sense of Humour

Equipment and possessions:

Starting Package
1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
--1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
--Food for a week
--1 eating knife
--Flint & Steel

Housing:
1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Family Heirloom:
1 flute carved from elk antler which belonged to his Vantha father

Ledger:
100 gm [starting package]

Thread List :
Some like it hot Fall 30, 511 AV; Juni has an accident and burns his hand and Krysanthe comes to the rescue. [complete]

Dream Shadows Spring 1, 512 AV; Juni is at the Citadel of Sultros when the Djed storm occurs; he has a dream-vision about Wind Reach [complete]

Sad Songs Spring 81, 512 AV; Juni meets another young Inarta upon his return to Wind Reach [complete]

Checking out The Merchandise Summer 73, 512 AV; Back in Sultros to trade again, Juni and Dain meet Merinil, an Isur [incomplete]

"I am color...blind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am
taffy stuck, tongue tied
Stuttered shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am...fine
I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded, and unfolded, and unfolding
I am
colorblind "

Colorblind - Counting Crows
Last edited by Juni on October 31st, 2011, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR GONNA SEE ME IN YOUR DREAMS TONIGHT
WHEN YOUR WORLD FALLS APART LIKE SHATTERED GLASS
Juni
Player

Words: 22152
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets