Open - Her holy creed

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Open - Her holy creed

Postby Marishka Timandre on April 18th, 2010, 2:33 pm

Marishka turned away as she hid away the paltry showing of gold she had presented, quite disappointed that he was not as generous as the last patron that she had encountered in Syliras--who happened also to be a woman. "I guess there's no helping it then," she pulled herself back up from the cart and looked him directly in the eye. Her form shivered in disgust at the man's arrogant sneer and pretentious attitude; she can now clearly see the things which Diem had warned her about. Yet she was still somewhat grateful that he tried to keep these hidden away. Perhaps he thought lowly of her? She would know soon enough.

"Let us 'work' something out then. What is it that you may want in exchange for that piece?"

She didn't even think of the things which the man could have thought of, since her focus had relegated itself completely to the silver piece in the cart.

"I pray I may in my times of grief, remember that suffering is always brief in the hearts of those who wish to live; So sally forth, strong heart, and believe."
The Lightning Countess
~ credits to Sorian's blog for the passage.
Marishka Timandre
The Lightning Countess

Words: 59034
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Open - Her holy creed

Postby Diem on April 21st, 2010, 12:32 am

"If you truly do not want any other piece then you can earn the cost by working for me. Skilled swordsman willing to brave the roads are so hard to come by these days. Spend a year guarding my caravan and the piece is yours. Of course, if that is to long for you, you can always do extra work."

The man no longer wasted any effort hiding his sneer. The nearby guards shook their heads in disgust, but said nothing for fear of losing their pay. The merchants likewise looked away, hoping to ignore the conversation and content to pretend it wasn't happening. They seemed well versed in these roles. "A man's tent can be so lonely at night. If you would be willing to accompany me during such intervals I would be more then willing to give you the piece in only ten months. Quite generous wouldn't you agree?"

The crunching of frozen earth brought the attention of both the guards and the seated merchants. The large man ignored the sounds up until the one causing them appeared. "Ms. Timandre, the fish are done. Perhaps a little to much so for which I apologize, but perhaps with some......."

Diem's words trailed off as he saw the look on the merchants face. Twas not a respectful look to be sure. The only thing keeping Diem from saying or doing anything to stop what was happening was the fact that Ms. Timandre did not seem like the type who needed help. That did not mean he was going to ignore the situation like everyone else though. He mentally readied himself, calming his mind should the need for speaking arise, and relaxed his muscles for when that failed.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous