Living... For what? [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Caleb Halle on November 14th, 2011, 6:30 am

This 43rd Day of Fall, 511 AV

Caleb sighed, walking forward on the sparkling skyglass bridge. The weariness of his last few days pressed on him, a hurricane in the usual calm of his life. How in Gnora's holy name did this happen? For what seemed like the millionth time that day, he looked to the beautiful, clear, majestic skies, and prayed in an undertone, not loud enough for people far from him to hear.

"Goddess, why do you ignore me? My life has been devoted to your practices. And now, in my time of need, my time of breaking, my words are ignored." He sighed. It was useless. Gnora did not smile on emotional saps. He took a deep breath in, and sat on the edge of the bridge, overlooking the beautiful views that Lhavit had to offer.

As he looked out to the landscape, he couldn't help but feel a peace rush over him. His emotions swirled down, not away, but to a manageable feel. A small smile played over his lips. Whether this was the work of Her or not, he thanked her, in his mind. A merciful deity, She was. And so, Caleb sat, waiting for his fate to strike.

--
Speaking Common

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Words: 6969
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dominique on November 16th, 2011, 2:50 am

Dominique walked with a sullen look on his face, rubbing his cheek where it was turning red. He muttered under his breath, "Not my fault she didn't notice me taking the fruit till i had already eaten it." He sighed and looked down, his stomach rumbling. What was he going to do, the fruit vendor had taken his half eaten apple away from him and he was still hungry. Looking around, Dominique smiled as he noticed where he was. His feet had taken him far from the vendor, in fact he was now in the middle of a Bridge made of that skyglass stuff.

Taking a quick look around made Dominique grin. Their was an adult sitting at the edge of the skybridge, staring out to the sky. His stomach rumbled and he looked down at it, shaking a finger at his stomach and saying; "Don't you give me no lip, I'm bout to get us some coin to feed you so shhh."

Moving closer over to the adult at the edge of the bridge, Dominique bit his lip. This looked easy, but what if the man turned around to soon? At that thought, his stomach rumbled in protest again and he sighed, and started moving closer again. As he got within a couple feet of the man he crouched and started inching closer to the man. His feet making small shuffling noises as he does so, despite his best effort to keep quiet, hoping that the noise from those around them drowns out his noises. He reaches out his hand towards the sitting mans waist, and more specifically any pockets he might have their. His hand brushing against the mans torso or arm slightly as he does so, he'd reach down trying to take something out of the mans pocket.

OOCI only ahve a 10 in larceny so it's completly up to you at what point you notice him, stop him, or if you notice him at all and what you keep in your pockets
Dominique
Player

Words: 5064
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2011, 10:45 pm
Race: Human