[Flashback/Training] A Day In The Life

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

[Flashback/Training] A Day In The Life

Postby Tanavar on March 3rd, 2010, 10:32 am

Prelude

Taloba... Savage jewel of the jungle. Home to the fierce Myrians, is a constant training ground for the young. Every now and then, you can see children, fighting and being belligerent to each other, just to show that the strongest survive. It's like the raw law of the jungle surrounding the outside walls has been taken in it's purest form and pounced inside Myrians. Every now and then, you can see the children engaged in a ferocious combat, often in groups... Gangs, as one could notice... There was always just one kid in his neighbourhood who was not welcome in any of the groups... Tanavar Marouch.

Season of Spring, Day 40, 498 AV

"...And IF you come back in bruises again, I swear you will be locked in the basement for ten days!!!"

Tanavar's father, Stakller Marouch, was not of the kind that would tolerate humiliation. Especially not to see his second son being beaten every day. Taloba's undercover laws of survival were cruel, but Stakller figured that Tanavar should better learn them himself and alone.

"Now get your staff and begone! I don't want your instructors in school to mock me for you being late for class!" - and that was final. Nothing more is left to be said but to hastly get a backpack and hurry out, before anything else happens... Tanavar was always strong in hearth, and didn't show tears to his father... nor to anyone! ...at least not in front of anyone...

A few chimes later, while being on the road to the second shift in the school...

"I need to make haste, I will be late for the class..." - were Tanavar's silent thoughts. He was bustling down the road, but he figured it would be too late for him. He needed to use a shortcut, through the small alley. Even thought his sixth sense told him not to do it, he had to... His father's words were still echoing loud in his head, making him to forget the better judgment, and to hurry.

It was a short street. His school was parallel with the one he was in right now, and a few dozens of meters was the other parallel street where his objective location was located. He stood at the corner of the street, carefuly determing if it is safe for him to go through, and don't get pouned by some kid gang. Adults would not harm him, they just don't care for a lone child, lost deep in his thoughts, but the kids would definitely show him whose territory is that... if they are out there... and not in school..

"Well, the longer I wait..." - spoke Tanavar quietly, more for himself. Not that anyone could hear him while he was speaking in such soft-spoken tone, especially in the busy street he was in. But, after a few steps inside the back alley, a shortcut... those rumbling noises started to quite down... and it was quite noiseless right now. Tanavar could feel his hearth beats while hasting his pace. With his head down, and his backpack on his back, he just wanted to get out of the street as soon as possible, for right on the other end of it is his school, and it's just a few more chimes before the start of the class. Noises got louder. Almost there...

"Well, well, well... Looks like a little, lost, lone, imposter is in our neighborhood..."

...Tanavar froze in his steps... He didn't need to turn around to see the trouble... Childish voice, trying to sound as mature as possible, behind him... He braced himself, and sloowly, as he turned around... He saw two young Myrian children surounding him... And quickly, in a corner of his eye, he saw two more comming on his back. "So... no use to try to run. I need to encounter them... I hope they will be quick, if I am late in school, I'm done for..."
Heeding the call, one and for all,
Never surrender, in glory we fall...
Tanavar
Player

Words: 6538
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2010, 10:40 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet