Come West Along The Road [Asim]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Re: Come West Along The Road [Asim]

Postby Raiha on March 14th, 2010, 3:13 am

Raiha nodded, letting Yakini move a little, going around in circles for a little bit to begin to walk the nerves out. The Firemane was all too eager to do so, having almost pulled herself loose before when he had been roaring and rearing and smacking things around. A smart horse wasn't so inclined to stay bound She struck a nice, clipped walk, and Diallo followed along, staying close to Raiha's side. "I apologize, then, for disturbing your nap," she told him. It really was her fault he'd gotten shot, after all, if he had just been minding his own business... "And getting you shot."

Yakini, thankfully, was used to the grey-white beast, and didn't mind him following along. A predator on your side wasn't such a bad thing, after all. "Let's do that, then. Is your den nearby?" She could only imagine what it looked like, and what he lived in. She followed him regardless, though, into the brush, carefully guiding Yakini after him. Diallo sniffed at him occasionally, but didn't leave the mare's side. This looked like the way they had come, at least. Her cheeks had turned a vivid purple - at least, her whole face had turned a rosy colour from the moment he had moved to face her, and Raiha had swiftly moved golden eyes elsewhere as Kanikra cheered and whooped.

He didn't have a name? "Everyone deserves a name," she told him. Even the other one she shared her life with, constantly, all the time. Kanikra. The black twin. She had her name. But this man... bear... Kelvic... who had saved her life claimed not to have one. Everyone should have a name, something to call themselves... Something besides any random 'hey you' or... the Akontak thought about it as she reached and carefully stroked the goshawk's feathers, caressing a wing with her thumb, thinking it over. Something simple. Short. Something that suited him... fitting. He had saved her life. "Asim, then," she decided.

Protector.
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 14th, 2010, 3:44 am

"It's alright. I was due to wake up anyways, since I was getting hungry," replied the man as he started off towards his den. It was a cave, quite large, but hidden quite well, as the entrance was hidden by a mat woven from grass, and pulled firm to keep people from falling into it. After all, people had a tendency to fall into holes in the ground, which was exactly what his cave was. So, still naked, and now followed by a horse, a dog, and a blueskin, the man made his way to his den, pulled back the mat, and slid into the hole, to gather his belongings.

When he came back out of the hole, he was dressed in a loincloth, with his pack slung over one shoulder. Hearing her speak of names, he stopped, to listen to her. "Asim, hmm? Doesn't that mean sour?" he asked, his eyes narrowing slightly. He didn't like being called sour. Even if he was. At least, not by someone who had caused him to be shot in the back with an arrow. And then he noted the color of her skin, and, because he knew what had caused it, he chuckled, staring right at her, daring her to stare back at the man who had caused embarrassment for her.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Words: 22947
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Raiha on March 15th, 2010, 3:32 am

She couldn't help but glance further down as she followed him on Yakini, taking in the rest of his body. It shut Kanikra up, at least, but for some obscene catcalls. He's huge, Kanikra mused. Nicely shaped. Not just there, either, but the rest of him. He could keep up with me, I bet...

You would be playing with fire. Kelvics transform instantly. Then the next thing you know, you have an enormous hide to go through, and one swipe would kill the both of us. So much for the self-preservation you're so fond of, hm? Raiha retorted. Now, stop it. We're here. Live to fight another day, wasn't that what you said? She waited patiently on Yakini's back while Diallo snuffled around a little, staying close. Uzima, Raiha knew, simply wanted to fly. "Maybe once we get to Syliras," she murmured to the goshawk, stroking her patterned feathers.

Asim was back, then, dressed, if one could even call it that, challenge and mockery in his stare. Don't you dare look away, Kanikra warned her. Don't you dare. Else I will break you into a million pieces for it. When I get through with you, you won't be able to think of being in control... If you think I've nearly driven you to insanity before... Raiha fought to get rid of the last of her blush, making herself think of other things as she met Asim's gaze squarely, gold eyes against brown, and not once looked away from his face. Not that it mattered, considering he was dressed in a loincloth. "I chose Asim for a different meaning," she told him quietly. "Asim, to me, it means 'protector'," the Akontak's purple skin was fast returning to blue, her gold eyes calm and once again very much in control. Perhaps it did mean sour in some tongue she didn't know. It was possible. She was not as well-versed in languages as she would like to be.

"If you're ready?" They had been going in the right direction. Give or take a little more distance, they'd walk either into the remains of the party or a true mess. But Asim hadn't been able to hear any such mess, though, and all seemed quiet.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 16th, 2010, 12:17 am

At the onset of a staring contest, Asim grinned even more, even as she offered an explanation to the name she had given. "Protector? Hmm...Perhaps," he ventured as he watched her color return to normal. "Alright, Blueskin. Let's get moving," he stated as he turned away from her and began moving towards the way she had come from. His turning away didn't seem like a loss. Only a postponement of the contest of wills. Still grinning, the man, now dubbed 'Asim', started a long stride away from the now empty hole that was once his den. Something within him told him he might not see it again for a very long time.

As they walked, he reached behind him to scratch at the bandages. He didn't like being stuck in human form for too long, as it made him feel like he was a slave to the humans. He really only enter entered his human form to stop at the cities of Sylria, to drop off items or find any news that might interest him. Lately, though, he had stopped caring, as all the news flooding in was of no impact to him. The change of the seasons, and a festival coming up, but nothing else.
Last edited by Asim on March 26th, 2010, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Character sheet

Postby Raiha on March 17th, 2010, 1:58 am

Raiha waited until the bear of a man... Asim... was moving, and guided Yakini after him, keeping the Firemane well away from the hole. That grass mat may ave supported a two-legger or a much-lighter quadruped, but Raiha wouldn't bet anything on it holding Diallo's weight, much less Yakini's. She would not risk her mare a broken leg. She would not. The mare kept pace fairly well with Asim's long strides, considering Raiha was holding her to a walk.

She reached to tap his shoulder when she saw him scratching at the bandages. Even if he wasn't wounded in the front... "Don't pick at them," she told him. "You're disturbing the wrap, and that weakens them on the whole. Just leave them be," she smiled down at him. The way there was rather quiet - Asim couldn't hear sounds of a struggle, which could mean anything - the group the Akontak had been traveling with might have been dead, the fight may have been over... Goddess only knew. But the smell of blood and death strengthened, and was staining the air as they got closer to where the caravan had been ambushed.

A look through the bushes showed them the ragged, worn-looking remnants of the merchant caravan slowly pulling everything back together. Judging by the number of Konti, it seemed like the group that the Blueskin he had rescued had been traveling with before she had been cut off from them. Raiha's relief was palpable, as she called out to them. "It's only me," the Akontak let Yakini back onto the road, Diallo trotting happily along. A number of them peered at him with some bewilderment. Where on Mizahar had such a feral-looking man come from? Raiha turned Yakini, then, to stop her beside Asim, even as the the rest of the caravan was getting ready to move again, and extended her free hand to him to shake. "Thank you again for saving my life," she told him quietly. "Where will you go now?" Some day, perhaps... she would be able to look him up again.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 17th, 2010, 2:20 am

The man grinned as he moved, as though he belonged to the land. He looked back at her as she spoke to him and grinned. "Alright. I'll leave them alone. But if they keep bothering me, I'm going to rip them off," he replied, his long strides taking him quite fast towards the road the group had been on.

As they reached the caravan, though, he stopped and stared at them, daring them to question his reasons for being here. As Raiha spoke, he turned to look at her, listening to her question. "You're welcome. Next time, though, try not to run towards a sleeping bear. Might get yourself hurt. As to where I'm going, I'm not sure. I've spent my whole life here, and learned quite a bit. Might as well go see some other places. Maybe I'll travel a bit," he replied, his face twisting into a small grin.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Character sheet

Postby Raiha on March 17th, 2010, 4:18 am

"I had no idea you were there," Raiha deadpanned her defense at him. Even with her Auristics, Yakini had been been moving far too fast, and the Akontak hadn't been fighting just to stay on the mare's back, she might have been able to pick up his shape. But the situation being what it was... Raiha was simply grateful she had gotten out alive. Besides, if she had seen a bear's aura... she likely would have been sure to go another way. Bears weren't exactly something you tangled with, even if she could outrun one on Yakini. Diallo would have had a much harder time, and Raiha couldn't take that chance.

Take him with you, Kanikra told her. Invite him along. He'll be fun to challenge ourselves with, later. Besides, Kelvics can be extraordinarily useful.

She hesitated, unsure, at first, but made her decision. "I'll be leaving Sylira soon, and going to Cyphrus by the Suvan Sea - to Riverfall,"[/color] she smiled down at him. "To see what the Akalak and their home is like." She exhaled, and looked up in the direction of the regional capital. It was a long ways' down the road, but still... "I know that I'm not meant stay in Mura. Why don't you come with me? I bet there's good fishing."
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 17th, 2010, 9:20 pm

The man grinned as he heard her defend her actions, and then even more at her offer of travel. "Well, I'll forgive you for getting me shot, then. But just this one time. Next time, I take the arrow out, and give it to you." he stated, staring at her with his intense brown eyes.

He stopped for a minute to think about her offer of a travel buddy, his face twisting in thought. It would get him out of Sylria, and let him travel. And it also gave him a chance to continue to make the Blueskin feel uncomfortable. So, maybe he would. "Very well. I will travel with you. For a while, at least," he stated, accepting her offer of travel. "And, if you find need, I may protect you a bit, as you have named me Protector. So, for as long as I travel with you, I will guard you from enemies that bring themselves down on you. If you yourself cause the trouble, you yourself will deal with it," he continued.
Last edited by Asim on April 2nd, 2010, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on March 29th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Raiha
Experience: 3 XP Riding, 3 XP Dog Handling, 4 XP Medicine, 1 XP Falconry, 1 XP Leadership

Asim
Experience: 3 XP Unarmed, 2 XP Land Navigation, 1 XP Negotiations

Additional Notes: Be careful attacking someone then leaving them lay/slaying them all in one short paragraph. I appreciated that you took wounds, that was great, but I think the fight scene didn't last long enough. Otherwise really nice thread.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous