(Open) Wandering Lanes

The wanderings of a new kelvic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Blaze on December 8th, 2011, 12:43 am

Blaze glanced at Almech when he spoke, 'No reason.' She replied with a frown. She stilled herself and went to lean against a nearby wall when Roy turned to go. Blaze sighed as she let him go and said, 'Goodbye Roy.' She made no move to follow him and stood grounded where she was. She pricked up her ears slightly and took in the sounds from around her before returning her concentration back to the other Almech and Kiou.

Blaze rested her head gently across the wall behind her and she slid to the ground in a crouch. She pulled her horse charm out of her pocket and fiddled with it beneath her cloak. Timid? If she was timid she wouldn't have ever ventured out of home to reach Alvadas and even if she had, she would have been dead by now. She rolled her eyes, some people just made the wrong assumptions. Just because she was cautious didn't mean she was timid.

Blaze sighed and continued to trace the outline of the little sculpture she was holding. It made her think of her father and she wondered if he was still alive and well. Just because she didn't like him didn't mean she wanted him to suffer. The silence around the group was quite tense to Blaze so she contented herself with thinking about other matters.

Almech's words brought her back to the present, she listened to his words. She glanced around before turning to look at Kiou. She wondered how he would react, she was also curious to see what his answer would be. Where did he come from?
Blaze
Blazing Heart

Words: 11868
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2011, 9:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Kiou on December 8th, 2011, 1:34 am

Kiou tore his eyes away from the sky above, shifting his gaze to Almech once more. Had he just heard a growl? Most likely not. His mind was probably playing tricks on him; or perhaps it was this city. This man though...something told him to watch him closely. His instincts, perhaps, though Kiou was unable to dwell on this fact for long before Almech broke the growing silence between the group. At the man's question, Kiou frowned slightly, though not in anger. More confusion. Where he was from? Kiou had to think about that. He had never actually had a home. He had stayed in places for a time, but never had he called anyplace home. He cleared his throat nonetheless. "Well...I suppose that my home is somewhere in Cyphrus, where I was born," he replied slowly, slightly emphasizing the word home. "I don't really remember it though, so I'm afraid I can't provide that many details of it. All I remember is that it was near the Suvan sea, and that my father was a Svefra. I never had the chance to meet my mother, so yeah. I...left when I was very young, so my memories are a bit clouded. I've been moving from place to place ever since." He glanced away once more, staring at the ground for a moment before lifting his gaze once more, watching both Almech and Blaze for a moment before giving a small shrug and a slight smile in attempt to hide the strange emotions he felt welling up inside his chest, making his breathing slightly more labored. He tried hiding, not wanting to be seen as weak. So I guess I don't really have an answer to your question, I'm afraid. I'm from everywhere and nowhere, at the same time, he added, giving another small shrug. He glanced over at Blaze and noticed her watching him curiously. He didn't think much of it; she was probably just curious of where he came from. "So, where are you guys from?" he asked politely, to keep them from going back to that awkward silence that had dominated the group only moments before.

OOCWow...sorry for such a lame post. I guess that last post on my CS shot my brain. :smoke:
Kiou
The Golden Boy

Words: 42033
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2011, 1:04 am
Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Almech on December 8th, 2011, 6:02 am

"So, where are you guys from?" A fair question, but one that was just as difficult for Almech to explain as it was for Kiou himself, Almech scratched the back of his head. This, Kiou's scent was shifting as well, but differently from Blaze, it wasn't the sour smell of panic, it was a bitter smell and Almech wrinkled his nose a bit. He recognized this smell, as Almech could smell it on himself as well at times, the scent of, loneliness, but Almech couldn't completely sympathize with the man, he would rather never having known his mother than see her be ripped open and eaten alive. He sighed, he would give Kiou the short and sweet of his tragic tale "I'm not from.....anywhere, like you, Kiou, I woke up in a cage one day, and i was brought here to Alvadas, before that, my family roamed all types of lands, following our favorite prey" he shrugged his shoulders, there was no need to get any deeper into it right now. He looked over at Blaze now, his compulsion had passed, atleast for now, but there was this itch forming behind his ear, he reached up and scratched it vigorously, making a grumbling noise as he did so. He lowered his hand and spoke "What about you Blaze?" he tried to say in a most friendly tone, he smiled at her, but he wasn't realizing it, unconsciously smiling, genuine, he'd only done this a few times before,
When i'm thinking
"When i'm talking"
Almech
Just a Dog

Words: 92325
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2011, 2:56 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Blaze on December 8th, 2011, 8:13 am

Blaze listened to the other kelvics stories curiously. It was interesting finding out stuff about them since she hadn't encountered anyone else who was of the same race as her, until now. Then she thought to herself, where am I going to say I'm from? the thought perplexed her.

She glanced up at Almech, 'What about you Blaze?' he asked and it took her moments to realize he was talking to her. She mentally chidded herself almost missing his smile. When she saw it she replied simply, 'I'm from Endrykas, I never knew my mother and I didn't get on well with my dad so I ran away to Alvadas.' She said her story in the shortest and least detailed way possible, she didn't like talking about her past much and prefered to live in the present.

Blaze looked up and mustered up the courage to ask, 'So what animals do you guys...you know...shift into?' She couldn't think of a better way to phrase the question so she left it at that. She knew they were canivores of sorts but she wondered specifically what they were.

Blaze's warm brown eyes flicked between them and her eyebrows raised questioningly. She subconsciously trailed her fingers across the brown surface of her little horse as was her habit. Leaving half her concentration on the two boys she let her mind drift back to her ever changing surroundings.

Her warm brown eyes traced the surface of the rough bricks that made up the buildings around her. Slowly they drifted down to rest on the dull grey cobblestones beneath her bare feet. She placed her little charm back in her pack before touching the ground. Her fingertips brushed agrainst the uneven surface before she encountered an obstruction.

It was a small square object. She quickly slide it beneath her cloak after opening it and finding out that it was a book. Blaze put it into her pack thinking to examine the little object later. All of that had taken place in the space of a minute before she returned her watchful eyes to Almech and Kiou waiting for an answer.
Blaze
Blazing Heart

Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Kiou on December 9th, 2011, 1:09 am

Kiou shifted his gaze from Almech to Blaze as she spoke, then back once more. He was interested in their stories. He had never before met others like himself. He had hardly met anyone though, so it wasn't a big surprise. His gaze slid back to Blaze as she asked what his other form was, what animal he shifted into. He didn't mind sharing this information. Though, he found that people tended to become more wary of him when they found out his true form, which Kiou didn't exactly want. He felt he should at least share this bit of minor information, if noting else to just be polite. "My true form is that of a lion," he replied nonchalantly, though he was nervous on the inside, curious as to what their reactions to his proclamation would be. Though he was probably being paranoid again. Perhaps they wouldn't care. But then again, experience can speak for itself.

Kiou set aside his paranoid thoughts for the moment and instead looked at the other two curiously. He was curious as to what their true forms actually were. Though he could make a rough guess by their scent, he couldn't be exact with his predictions. There were simply too many interfering scents, and he was having a hard time pinpointing their scents. He figured that Almech was some member of the canine family, much to his disappointment. He had never been fond of canines, kelvic or otherwise. For obvious reasons. As for Blaze, he could only tell that she was a herbivore, which wasn't much help. So, he waited quietly to hear their responses, unconsciously reaching up and twirling the small pendant that he wore around his neck, which had been slightly obscured by his clothing. He gently ran his fingers over the intricate figure of a lion's bust. He dropped it after a moment, letting it fall back to it's place on his chest, just in time to catch sight of Blaze tucking something away in her cloak out of his peripherals. He turned his head slightly to look at her, but didn't bother inquiring about the object. It was none of his business, after all.
Kiou
The Golden Boy

Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Almech on December 12th, 2011, 5:57 am

Almech had never been asked this question before, and for the life of him, he couldn't think of the word people used for what kind of animal he was, he knew what they were called in his canine language, but not in common. In fact, he had no idea what a lion was either, but he chose not to speak of it, his eye and lip began twitching at his annoyance "I...don't know what i'm called" he threw off his robe onto the ground, and he shifted right there. His lip was curling this time but it quickly faded. He wagged his tail a few times and sat down, then he turned his head and looked over at Kiou with a half cocked head, Almech licked his chops and yawned hard, his ears folded back and made that clopping sound with his mouth. He kept his ears bent back and looked up at Blaze, his eyes telling her he was no thread, his tail kept wagging as he sat there, but only very clowly, he got an itch on his neck and he bent over, scratching it strenuously. Then he looked back at Kiou, his short attention span was nearly unriveled at times, he was waiting for one of them to say something he took a deep breath and hung his tongue out of his mouth, waiting.
When i'm thinking
"When i'm talking"
Almech
Just a Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Blaze on December 12th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Blaze looked at Kiou as he spoke. His animal wasn't at all unexpected to her and she took it in a stride. She had already known he was some kind of predator just not which one specifically. Blaze had heard about lions when her father had tried to frighten her into sleeping and not staying up late, the ones he had talked about were scary monsters. Kiou wasn't scary anymore. Must be a different type she thought to herself.

She looked at Almech next and raised an eyebrow when he said he didn't know. When he shifted, Blaze jumped into a standing position in surprise. Then she burst out laughing when she saw him wag his tail. She had seen dogs before when the men from her village went hunting. They helped to track and bring down the prey. Blaze calmed down quickly and was left with a smirk on her face as she saw him sit on the ground. It brought back memories for her.

Blaze realised it was her turn next and said, 'I'm a horse.' She wondered what they would think of that. She was the only herbivore there. Aleast now she could call them her friends. She glanced up at the sky and saw that it was getting quite dark. 'Wow, look at how dark it is. I should probably be heading off now if I want to have somewhere to stay tonight.' She looked down the curving streets and wondered if she should have gone with Royjeck.
Blaze
Blazing Heart

Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Kiou on December 12th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Kiou glanced at Almech as he replied. He knew the feeling of being confused about one's true form. There had been a time when he was unsure of what he was. Of course, he soon figured it out once his father called him 'stupid lion' almost every five minutes. Same with his Dhani masters, though there had been more of a slur. As Almech shifted, he raised an eyebrow. A dog. He should have figured. Of course, he wasn't sure exactly what kind of canine. Even Almech himself was unsure of that. But nonetheless, he was still a canine. Not Kiou's favorite creature. But he smiled anyways, not wanting to seem rude. As Blaze spoke, he shifted his gaze to her curiously. A horse? He shrugged slightly and smiled at her. There were worse things than a horse. Being the only herbivore in this strange group, he figured she was, or at least, used to be a bit nervous. Kiou actually kind of liked horses, though he would probably never find himself riding one. Be a bit awkward. That, and he figured the horse would be to skittish around him. He glanced from Blaze to Almech, thinking of how strange a group this was. A lion, a dog, and a horse. Not exactly the ideal group one would think of. But, nonetheless, they were still the closest things he had to friends. When Blaze spoke of leaving once more, glanced back her way, slightly disappointed. He liked hanging out with these two, even though it was a bit strange. He followed her gaze to the sky, and he had to agree with her. He hadn't realized that it was getting so dark. Time seemed to be slipping by. He glanced back at them and sighed, stretching his arms above his head and letting out a loud yawn. It had been awhile since he last slept, perhaps a day or more. He could finally start to feel the effects. "I suppose you're right. It does look to be getting quite late."
Kiou
The Golden Boy

Character sheet

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Almech on December 14th, 2011, 11:05 pm

They both had looked up at the sky and Almech walked into his robe and shifted back into a human, he stood up and brushed the dirt and dust from his robe "I'm going to be honest kiou, i don't know what a lion is" he looked up at the sky as well. He then grunted at himself "I forgot the sunset" his lip curled and a rumbling came out of his mouth, he hated missing the sunset, when he was a puppy, he'd always watch the sunset with his mother, his father would wake him to watch the sun rise. This was why he didn't like to miss these events, they were the closest he felt to his parents these days, and he was already starting to forget things about them, his mother for instance, he'd forgotten what color she was, his father, he couldn't even remember what side of his face the scar was one. A lone tear ran from his tear duct and down his cheek, finally dripping off his chin and made it's long journy to the cobblestone street, he didn't realize what was happening otherwise he would've tried to prevent it. They then mentioned how late it was and Almech smirked "It's still early for me" he said as he stretched his whole body, reaching up towards the sky and standing on the tips of his toes, several loud pops were audible to his two aquaintences "I still haven't been hunting today" he held his stomach as it made it's gushy growling noise.
When i'm thinking
"When i'm talking"
Almech
Just a Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Open) Wandering Lanes

Postby Blaze on December 15th, 2011, 12:18 pm

Blaze yawned slightly before she put up a hand to stiffle it. She hadn't slept in two days and to her that was way to long to be a awake. She glanced over at Kiou as he spoke then looked at Almech as he shifted.

Blaze frowned as he talked, she had never really paid much attention to the sun before, other than to know how much time there was left before she should seek shelter from hunters in the wilderness. Now that she thought about it though it did seem quite pretty, especially the colours that showed up when it happened. She used to think of it as a bad thing because once upon a time, a sunset had ment her father would be coming home soon and she wouldn't be able to play games anymore. She saw the tear that trailed out of Almech's eye and thought that there must be some kind of significance in the occurance to him.

Blaze heard his other words and tensed up before realising he couldn't have ment her. She allowed herself a quiet smile to herself at the thought before looking down one of the winding alleys. 'Well, I have to say bye now. Hope I see you guys around sometime.' She grinned at them before walking down the street. She was happy that she had come to Alvadas, this was the first time she had ever had friends and it was a good feeling, better than loneliness anyway.

{Exit}
Blaze
Blazing Heart

Character sheet

PreviousNext