[Xelhes' Scrapbook] Waste Not

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Xelhes on March 29th, 2012, 7:44 am

Slightly inappropriate? That depends on your point of view. I happen to love this; it is one of my favorite songs of all time. The lyrics always make me smile when I hear them, I love the singers voice, and I can actually kind of sing this song. No, I will not record myself singing for anyone to hear it. Just because I can sing it to an extent does not mean my voice is any good. I am sure everyone likes being able to hear, so no recording, for anyone. I hope anyone who reads this loves the song just as much as I do. If I could I feel like I would make it another Xel sexytime song, but the more I think about it the more I realize Xelhes may never have sexy time, with anyone. No one wants him. Sadface.

Xelhes
Player

Words: 159436
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on April 4th, 2012, 5:54 am

Update time!

Once again aside from this blurb I will not write anything else. We all know you people creep this for animal pictures, not to read my writing, and I respect that. On with the show!~

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :
Image This one is actually my cat >.>

Secret :

Secret :

Last edited by Xelhes on April 4th, 2012, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Goals

Postby Xelhes on April 4th, 2012, 10:44 am

Goals:

That's right, a post not dedicated to animals. Please, try not to throw too many stones at me. I do have to make it look like this scrapbook has a legitimate purpose aside from being a collage of animal pictures, and this is my way of doing it. I am not sure how often I will post things about my character(s) but when ever I think up a topic, or ask for one in chat, I will post a little blurb here about it. For future reference as well, if any posts are blue in color they are about my characters, and everything else that is white is typically animals or some other thing. That's right, I colored coded for your convenience; be grateful!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the main goal Xelhes has in life is to become mortal. I do not mean just like how he is now being mortal during half the day, but instead mortal every second of every day; no Ethaefal powers at all. Seems foolish? That depends on your point of view, as while there are bound to be some characters that chase after immortality there are also some like Xelhes that forsake it. What many would normally consider a blessing is what Xelhes deems a curse, knowing that there is a price to pay for a body that will not age. In exchange for staying young forever he is forced to watch everyone he has and will love to die and leave him, regardless of what he does. The thought of this worries, pains, and brings fear about in Xelhes as that is the last thing he wants to happen. Despite the problems that accompany aging, he wants to age with those he cares about and leave this world with them, accepting aging as a part of life. This desire to grow and age with everyone is more or less the personal quest Xelhes has, though sadly one that will probably never reach a conclusion until either someone/thing kills Xelhes, or he ends up taking his own life. After all, how many ways would their be for an Ethaefal to lose its form and stay mortal forever, without killing themselves and returning to the cycle? While it is the main quest for Xelhes, it is one I think will end bittersweet in either his death, or him simply accepting his form and trying to make the best of it.

On a slightly similar note, companionship is another one of the main things Xelhes looks for in life. While he is still extremely young Xelhes spent most of his life distant from others, scared that they would simply abandon him the way he believed Leth had. However in the end he realized that being lonely would not make him any happier, instead making things worse and while he knew separation from those he would care about was inevitable Xelhes accepted it. It was something he could not prevent but he decided it was something he would deal with when that moment came, no sooner. Companions and friends are things he will gladly accept with open arms, extremely open minded about others and willing to try understanding them. While he is generally accepting of everyone, Xelhes 'unconsciously' becomes even closer to those that make him feel a certain way, or those that act a certain way around him. People who treat him like a regular mortal, or make him feel normal, are the kind that Xelhes naturally opens up to more as they appeal to the main goal he has in life. Those who are also open with him will earn his trust and affection as well, the idea of someone trusting him making the Ethaefal extremely happy, not to mention willing to also be open to them as well.

Paying his "eternal debt" is another goal of his, though this one a little more actively worked on. Falling from the Ukalas and making his way to Denval, Xelhes believes himself to be forever in debt to the settlement and the Denvali that inhabit it. Without them I can safely say that Xelhes would have probably not survived this long, something either eating him or someone probably making him into a slave for a penny or two. This knowledge is what drives Xelhes to do what he can to help others, however since he lacks any real combat ability he has taken the route of support. Choosing herbalism and possibly medicine in the future, Xelhes has decided to do what he can to help cure those who suffer from ailments and injury, paying back not only the Denvali but anyone else who may aid him in the future. At this point the desire to help others is almost compulsory for the Ethaefal, acting a lot sooner then he does thinking and while it has not caused problems yet, I could see that being something that puts him in danger at some point. I'm not sure when he will decide that his 'debt' has been paid back, however even if that day comes I doubt he will stop acting as a herbalist/medic. He enjoys helping and improving another person's life, strangers or not.

The last goal that I have established in Xelhes for now is simply to find a place to call home. Cliche, sappy, and overused, I know yet I do not lie. For the few short years he has been in Mizahar, Xelhes has come to call Denval home and love the settlement with all his heart, his past life further strengthening this. Yet with the Djed Storm that has recently happen things have changed and Denval no longer exists, the place he called home wiped from the map. As far as he is concerned, there is no where for him to go now so he is heading to Zeltiva where the University is, hoping maybe he will fit in there. Whether he will come to call Zeltiva home is beyond me as he may not stay there for long, or he could stay there for the rest of his life. In the future I may have him go to Lhavit to see the Temple of the Moon and maybe even have a thread where he meets Leth, yet that is all stuff I am simply considering at this point. While I am not sure where exactly he will decide to establish his new idea of home, I will say that it is either a place where he is extremely comfortable and happy, or a place where those he cares about most reside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that I bring a conclusion to this little blurb into Xel's current goals in life, though I am sure at least one more will be added at some point. Hopefully it was not too boring and you learned a little bit more about Xel as a character and understand him a bit better. Power, revenge, domination, and all those are things Xelhes has no desire for, instead wanting nothing more than to be a regular mortal and have a normal life. In the end that is all he wants: to become mortal again, to have friends, a lover and family to grow old and experience life with, and then when his time comes, to die. The desire may seem over used or weak, but I find that these 'ordinary' wishes are the very thing that make Xelhes as special and interesting as he is. It is because of this that he is the kind of person who would confidently say to another that "if power and pride is all you have, then you have nothing."

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on April 16th, 2012, 3:01 pm

M.I.A.

Just a note here since nothing else is loading for me currently, but I shall be gone for a unknown, but 95% sure it will be short, length of time. I am back home now and with that comes establishing a job, making up for lost time with pets, unpacking, and such. Also the internet here is sucking arse. Horrible unwiped ass. I have no idea why, it is high speed and one of the company's tech guys has come down thrice to check out the tower we get reception from and it is perfectly fine, so I am at a loss. At this rate it is going to either be it gets fixed, or I will have to resort to dial up, which means everything internet related is going to be awfully slow. We are getting a different tech guy to come down in a few days to recheck said tower so I am hoping everything will be working again soon. It took me a good while to get connected to any form of internet, let alone try to load Mizahar on it. At the longest I am expecting to be gone a week and a half. That is the max, so it won't be horribly long. Make sure to enjoy your break away from me. Everyone deserves it :P

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on May 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm

Quick note that I will most likely start becoming even less active than I am now. The situation has taken a turn for the worst, and as such I have to start working two jobs which will limit my time even more so...that, and with so much time being dedicated to earning money my muse is crippled and being chipped away at.

I will not completely vanish, that much I can promise, but more than that is beyond my ability to control, so those who have threads with me, I am sorry about this. Well, that's about it for now...maybe next time I can post a rant about my cat instead since I have him with me all the time now. Expect pictures sometime in the future. :3

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on June 19th, 2012, 3:24 am

So, as some of you may have known, I have been MIA for a while, and the reason for that would be I lost any form of real internet. I had planned to do most Mizahar stuff after I came back from a friends, but during that time apparently the internet went down and it took until yesterday for it to actually be fixed, due to various crappy I.T. guys. Turns out there was a problem with the PPPoE box inside the house, while the tech guys that came here previously kept saying it was the tower we have....In short, making a very small problem extremely vexing because they simply would not look at the simply things.

Sadly even with internet back, and about five times faster, my posting will still be kind of erratic due to various other factors, but I am back more or less, and happy to be around again. My brain missed posting considerably, along with the various players who come up with the interesting characters here.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on July 20th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Been awhile since I managed to make it on here, but I finally got the time and ability to do so, and I bring (possible) good news. I should be posting again at some point, possibly this weekend if things continue to work out. Thanks to a large amount of effort, time, and various other things, most of the problems I was having on my end have been resolved so I can now actually use the computer. However, posting will possibly be infrequent or slow, as I typically work 8-10 hours a day cause money is nice.

So yah, I was able to keep my word in not vanishing. Yay for me, and too bad for everyone else. I probably won't be starting any new threads right away, instead focusing on finishing ones I already have going...and because I may make a new character. It has been awhile and I am not sure if I still have a 'connection' with Xel, but if I do I will keep him and if not...well, clean slate time.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on February 18th, 2014, 9:26 pm

So it's basically been a year and a half and I can now finally, finally, start posting again. There are no words to describe how happy I am to see that Mizahar seems to still be going strong after what has felt like an eternity to me. Currently I plan to spend most of my time seeing what exactly I have missed since my long absence since Reading Week actually allows me to do such things.

The main issue is me not being sure if I want to continue using Xelhes as my PC, because I still love him dearly, or if I should start from scratch with a brand new character. it's my biggest decision by far since even though I love the Lethaefal, starting over may actually be easier in some ways. Either way I should be able to make this work out and slowly get back into posting again.

Finally, to those of you, if any of you are still here, that I had threads with previously but never finished: I am sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused. I'm not sure how many of the few ex-Denvali I had threads with are still around here but I hope my absence did not cause you guys any problems. I'm not going to give out excuses but I do hope some of you are still kicking around because I've really missed our threads. Well that's about it for today. I'm hoping to use this scrapbook more productively for character usage but I'll be keeping the animal pictures posted. They're bound to improve someone's day.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous