A Road of Surprise! ( Siksta )

The first meeting of the Jovial Norian and the colorful Siksta

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Norian Jard on November 29th, 2011, 5:39 am

Day 78, Fall, 511 AV

Norian was casually walking down the long road towards the great city of Lhavit. His lips bounced open and closed as he sung himself a song to keep himself occupied on the long road. The jovial man trekked with a broad smile on his face, and joy in his heart. The skies were clear and the sun the shining high in the sky. There was nothing bad about the day to him so far, and even the worst of things wouldn't have brought too much discord to the light hearted fellow. He swung his arms back and forth while striding proudly and happily along. There were trees lining the road, leading into a small set of woods.

His nostrils flared when he realized something was wrong. The smell of smoke and burning had hit his nose. Apparently in his song, he managed to miss the large plume of smoke that was only a small distance away from him had just reached his ability to smell. He immediately turned and ran down the road, knowing all too well, that a camp fire doesn't do that much burning. He also had that gut feeling that he was needed. The man approached what appeared to be a small house in a small field, that was burning. Most of the house had fires popping out of the windows and cracks in the wooden walls. Norian ran to the house looking for anyone around who might have been the culprit or the victim.

A voice in his head wanted him to laugh. Norian forced himself not to.

[OOC Notice: I plan to help Siksta get involved with the Mizahar community ^ - ^]
Norian Jard
Player

Words: 6093
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Siksta on November 29th, 2011, 5:54 am

Day 78, Fall, 511 AV

The flames rose from the small cottage, slithering around the logs that contained it. A quiet word of help slipped through a window, a raspy voice barely seeping through the roar of the fire. The owner of the home, a frail old woman, was trapped inside and her protector had left to do a perimeter check of the property.

Another window shattered and a scream followed quickly after. The woman inside had made it to a window that was broken and she started to try and pull herself out. The flames snapped all around her and soon her light coat was aflame. She yelped as she attempted to beat he flames out, but it was pointless as the flames were now spreading.

Now, the fire was past possible control. A tree's leaves nearby also caught fire and it was quickly being consumed by the flames.
Siksta
Player

Words: 2921
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2011, 2:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Norian Jard on November 29th, 2011, 6:05 am

The scream was invitation enough for him. Quickly, the traveler dropped his backpack, and ran over to the building, kicking in the door. He rushed around to find the old woman. He began to choke and cough on the smoke rather quickly, but pressed on. It was only a few moments before he found the old woman, and picked her up to carry her out of the house. It was quick, though he wasn't quick enough, most likely. Chances would be that the old woman would have perished due to the shock and the lack of oxygen from all the smoke that now was billowing out and off of the house.

He got her out of the building successfully, though what her status was he wouldn't know until he incredibly carefully lay her down on the grass outside. He asked repeatedly if she was okay or requesting for her to awaken. He had really taken to much time to notice the young woman who, when he sprinted in, was staring at the building. After the quick look, he saw the small tree and the now collapsing structure. He'd sigh, and whispered a soft damnation to the source of the fire.
Norian Jard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Siksta on November 29th, 2011, 6:24 am

A young woman had been busy checking the grounds of the small farm, but on her return she was frightfully shocked to see her home on fire.

Before she could even register what was happening and what to do, a human rushed past, broke down the door, and dove into the building. He came out just as quickly with her bonding partner and laid her on the grass.

Siksta ran over to the old woman with predatory grace and knelt next to the poor woman. A expression of pain and realization of her failure melted into her features as a soft whimpering noise slipped from her lips. A hand cupped the face of the woman and she leaned in closer, laying her forehead against the chest of her dead master. She let out a huff of emotion as she lifted her head and looked at the man who tried to save her.

"Who are you?"
Siksta
Player

Character sheet

Postby Norian Jard on November 29th, 2011, 6:44 am

"I'm Norian Jard. I'm sorry for what happened here," He stated, genuinely apologetic. He even bowed his head to her, in shame of being incapable of saving the woman's life. He shut the old woman's eyes, and stood up.
"Who might you be?" He asked in a polite tone. He would walk over to his gear and grab it all. Swiftly hoisting it to his shoulder, he walked back and states, "She should have a burial." Norian's good mood had been ruined by the death. He didn't even know the woman, but a life was still a life. He had no chance to learn her story, and no chance to learn if she was a good or a bad person.
Norian Jard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Siksta on November 29th, 2011, 6:54 am

She watches him closed her owner's eyes and looked up at him with a solemn face. "I have had many names but my latest is Siksta." She replied. Her golden eyes followed him as he pulled his pack to his shoulder.

"She deserves one. She was kind." She sat down in the dirt, seeming lost, like a dog who was left by it's owner. She looked from the grassy field to the woman laying peacefully next to her. Her shoulders sagged from grief and her eyes closed as she blinked tears away from her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, but soon wiping her tears away were pointless for she was sobbing softly now, whimpering in between.
Siksta
Player

Character sheet

Postby Norian Jard on November 29th, 2011, 7:03 am

"I'm sorry for the loss," remarked the gentle souled man. He put a hand softly on her shoulder and asked, "Do you have any shovels that I may use?" It was a horrible fate they managed to meet. He wanted to provide a burial and had no way to dig a grave spot. There were only a few ways to give someone a funeral. The most ironic way appeared to be the only option it seemed. After realizing the fact of the matter being that their only option for a most respectable funeral was burned in the fire that had caused the woman's demise in the first place, he turned to the kelvic and state, "Although I don't find it ideal, I can start on building a funeral pyre for her. It's the best I can do for now."

"I'm sorry to have to have met you under these circumstances, Miss Siksta. If you require a place to stay, assuming this is your home too, I'm sure I can accompany another in the small housing I had bought on my way up here. It's small, from what he explained, but we can make due." He was too nice for his own good, and Albert cringed. The darker side was almost disgusted at the act of kindness of such a level.
Norian Jard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Siksta on November 29th, 2011, 7:17 am

She put on a brave face despite the fact that the loss was tearing her apart. This was the second partner she had lost and she couldn't even prevent it.

"No, there is a shovel in one of the sheds. I will go fetch it." She stood up and began to walk away. "It is an unfortunate way to meet such a kind stranger. I apologize for the trouble this has caused you." She turned back to the face him. "As you have given much kindness already, I'm sure it would be rude of me to accept anymore." She walked toward a shed that was set a bit away from the burnt shell of the house.

Siksta wanted badly to accept his offer to have any sort of companionship after this loss, but she did not want to seem rude or desperate. Her heart was broken once again, but she was willing to mend it quickly to find a new bonding partner. Someone she can protect better and learn more with.

She returned with the shovel and began digging a hole.
Siksta
Player

Character sheet

Postby Norian Jard on November 29th, 2011, 2:50 pm

A shift of the arms, forming hands together to give a peaceful look to the old woman is how the man occupied himself. He sat beside the body as the companion dug. He wished he could assist with that instead, but made his point to whisper prayers to Dira. Most of his sentiments were for a good afterlife and for her to have enjoyed the time she spent alive. It was the least he could do.

When the grave was sufficiently dug, he carefully brought the old woman's body over to the side of the grave. Norian himself hopped down into the grave, and proceeded to lower the body as carefully as he could into the spot. It was a good fit for the body, though he had to shift her over for his own legs to fit down there. After properly laying her down, he hopped out of the grave and said to Siksta, "Is there anything you'd like to say?" He would bow his head and keep his hands together in respect. When done with whatever processions she wished to send her previous companion off with, Norian proceeded to cover her with the soil once more.

"I'm heading into the city to look for some work, if you would care to join. I know it's not the most grand of offers, but it's really all I can provide. And again, I have a place to stay if you need it," offered the man, as finished laying the shovel down next to the patch of dirt that marked the memorial to the, as he believed the kelvic, kind woman. The explorer ran his hands over his hair and letting out a deep breath as one final lament for the loss of life.
Norian Jard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Siksta on November 30th, 2011, 11:28 pm

She watched with careful, protective eyes as the stranger placed her friend into the rough grave. She swallowed more emotions as they came, attempting to seem strong.

"No words are needed, her actions spoke enough for her." She said quietly before saying a prayer to the god the old woman worshiped. She bowed her head for a small moment as the man spoke to her. She raised her head and gave him a long look with a solemn expression blanketing her features.

She believed they could both help each other at this point. He had done much for her so far, she should repay him. "I need a new bonding partner. She was my last." She suddenly said as she gestured to the grave. "I am a loyal person and I will do whatever you wish." She added even more bluntly. "Do you accept, Mr. Jard?"

She waited for his answer, hoping that what she said was enough of an answer to his question.
Siksta
Player

Character sheet

Next