[Solo] Breath Born Blind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Solo] Breath Born Blind

Postby Miro on December 1st, 2011, 6:47 am

4th day of Fall, 511 AV

"You lay motionless, unresponsive to anything I say. Not a single response to any plea or request. Did I upset you? Am I not good enough for you? Please, just give me something...ANYTHING!" Miro squeezed his eyes closed shut. Frustration took a tight hold on his emotions as tears slid down his cheeks. Inadequacy, doubt, failure, all of these things that loomed in his head presented themselves forward.

"I can feel you breathing. It's faint, but I know it is there. You're amazing, I feel like every moment I hold you, I grow a bit closer to finally understanding. But no, I don't understand. I am clueless about this whole thing. No explanation was given, and it looks like you aren't going to tell me what I need to know either."

Miro clenched his fists as tightly as he could, hoping something would spark, that with the next breath he would find enlightenment from the darkness that shrouded the secrets his heart ached for. His djed flow was activated, allowed to flow out of him. As time began to drag on, he began to feel the faint itch of fatigue. "Just let me in! Stop resisting me, I own you. You're a magical staff, and a gift from a friend. I need you to work with me now, okay?"

Once more Miro pulled taught the rein that controlled his djed flow, directing it to his hands. One held firmly at each end of the staff, leaving his arms stretched awkwardly out. Slowly he formed the cycle, moving djed from his right hand to his left, then from his left hand through his body and back to his right. His eyes remained closed, but his mind sharp, feeling the reactions and energy of the staff. With each pass he felt as if he knew it a little better, as if it were a little more familiar. Still, this feeling of familiarity was getting him nowhere, giving him no hope of mastering it. How he was going to apply the staff to anything magical was a mystery.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)