Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on December 7th, 2011, 10:14 am

31st of Winter, A.V. 511
Early morning at Thernin's house...

Therin had been gone for a couple of weeks. Work had kept her busy up until now. But with the worsening weather and sudden halt of sailors. The Tavern had become just as slow and dreary as her home. She had no one to take care of. No clothes to mend or food to cook. No idle conversation as they did the dishes. The bruises she collected from training were all but faded. She was never particularly found of picking up after her brother. But it was at least something to do. Without chores around the house or work to sweat over. She felt... empty, unaccomplished. The days didn't seem to matter anymore. The sky was overcast and such a deep grey. That you could hardly tell when it was daylight anymore.

The only thought more stressful than staying locked away in this house. Was going back to her mothers. Listening to her prattle on about Lilian's many suitors. She even had the nerve to send a letter, once Lena stopped coming over to visit. Explaining all about a wealthy merchant from Avanthal that purposed recently. Evelyn knew she would have to come back during Winter. Knew she would return if not for the company, then for the store of supplies she kept. Eve may only be a farmer but she lacked nothing in wits. There was no doubt She would have prepared the worst possible surprise for her daughter return. If Lena went back, she would not rest all winter.

"Fuck." She muttered, tracing circles on the table with her finger. Both situations were awful but, at least with her mother. It would become a challenge. To see how long it would take before Lena wrapped her hands around that throat of hers.
Last edited by Lena Estelain on March 4th, 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Words: 31809
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2011, 9:56 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on February 11th, 2012, 8:57 am

She was packed within the hour. Anything she couldn't carry on her back was left behind. Everything else would be provided for her at her mothers farm. It felt weird going back. She hated to break her word and return to that smug look on her mom's face. But it was still home.

Wrapped head to toe in thick coarse wool. She opened the door and headed out. No matter the layers or years living in this kind of weather. The first moment outside was always the worst. It bit down to the bone. Sucking out any body heat you had. Your nostrils freeze and you cant seem to catch your breath.

Pushing against the wind and snow. Lena walked down the frozen streets of Denval. Trudging threw the snow to get to a place you weren't all that welcome. Wouldn't seem like a good way to start the day. But Lena was excited. She had a lot to talk about with her sister. And she couldn't wait to hug her father again. If Eve dug into her right away. There was always chores to keep occupied with. Any type of company, good or bad. Would be much appreciated. She had been alone in that house too long.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on March 8th, 2012, 11:44 pm

By the time she reached the front door of her mothers farmhouse. Her clothes were soaked through with melted snow and her lower back was cramping. Her legs were worse off, but she hadn't felt them for the last couple hours. Because of the weather an hour walk was now three. She was staving and cold and starting to have doubts. What if she couldn't take the patronizing questions and bullshit sympathy? What if she couldn't keep her hands to herself? Worse yet, what if something happened and her mother won? Could she stand loosing control, and yet again being smacked around by that smug bitch?

She didn't care, she was cold and thats all that mattered. The front door was locked so she pounded with her fist until someone came. Much to her relief, it was her father Boris. She wanted to hug him but it didn't seem appropriate. Firstly because her clothes were soaked. And second because it wouldn't be right to force it upon him after what happened.

"Lilian your going to have to share!" He shouted behind him and pulled Lena inside. "You must be freezing. Evelyn! Get out here, Lena's home!" She didn't know if calling for her mother was a way to get Lena off his hands or just an introduction. If she wasn't so cold she might of resisted a bit. Said it was "I'm alright" or "Can we do this later?" But she left her pride at Therin's house. After all she was the one breaking her word. All because of a little snow.

"How are you Lena! And what do you mean share?! I'm too old for sharing?" Lilian called out from the other room. It was good to see Lilian still had her sense of humor. Before Lena could think of anything to say.

Eve came bursting into the hallway.

Out of breath and grinning...
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on April 13th, 2012, 7:25 am

Lena gritted her teeth and put on the best fake smile she had. An awkward cross between "I really don't want to be here" and "please don't make me hurt you". Evelyn brought out the worst in her. Every grain of self doubt and fear seemed to fuel her insults. Evelyn's quick wit was only matched by her tenacity. Lena quickly found out that everything she admired about her mother, was hell when turned against her.

"I'm so glad your here." Evelyn said, without the slightest murmur of sarcasm. Before Lena could say anything, she was being pulled into a hug. The smell of soil and herbs clung to her mother like a favorite perfume. It was a familiar smell, and an appreciated gesture. The two stood there embracing. Forgetting, at least for a moment, about past grievances.

"Good to see you too mom."

"Your father is cooking stew. It's mostly slop, but he's not to blame. We don't have much."

"I don't mind. Food is food." She chuckled, still holding on.

Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on May 27th, 2012, 4:32 am

When they finally broke apart, both women tried awkwardly to hide their tears. Emotions weren't an especially between Lena and Evelyn. Usually if she was crying with her mother it was because they were cooking with Onions.

"I'll go take that bath now."

"Y-yeah of course. Good to have you home Lena."

"You two mom." She left to the bathroom, unable to keep it together anylonger. Boris gave her space, which was appreciated. She never never expected things to be this. This easy. She expected snide remarks and hidden resentment on both ends. She was prepared for a little hate. Anger would give her the fuel to make it through winter. But without that anger she had nothing. She was vulnerable, bare.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Bitter Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on June 28th, 2012, 8:40 am

Boris pulled her away from her doubts and her mother and gently pushed her towards the bath room. Steam was seeping out of the cracks in the door frame. "Your sisters inside. Your Majesty helped me chop some wood today and she demanded a bath to get the grim off." Lena couldn't help but giggle. She felt bad for her parents, only having her sister to help around the house.

"Probably burned up all the wood she gathered." They shared a laugh before he left. Leaving her to face her sister alone. She entered the room awkwardly. She had never been afraid of her older sister but she had an intimidating presence. Unlike Eve who couldn't help but seem aggressive and confrontational. Lilian moved with a unique balance of grace and fury. Underneath her warm, friendly exterior. Was a resourceful, determined woman. Ready to end anyone in her path.

"Hi Lily! Taking a bath?"

"Obviously. Come in before you let the heat out. I thought I told Boris, I didn't like sharing?" Her sharp words were softened by a smile.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

A Bitter Sweet Homecoming [Solo]

Postby Lena Estelain on November 28th, 2012, 8:16 am

"Happy to see you two Lilly. So how have you been?"

"Good, tired of being worked like a dog, but that's Denval."

"Heard you're getting married?" It was going to come up sooner or later.

"Of course you did. Everyone is talking about it." She was confident in her words but never arrogant. "People love to gossip."

"Have I met him before?"

"No," She paused. "I don't think you have. He's tall, dark, Eypharian, ridiculously wealthy." At least her sister had the decency to mention his wealth last.

"Six arms?"

"Four." Liilian had an indifferent look while she said the word, as if she hadn't quite gotten used to it, but was resolved to. "So what did Evelyn say? I didn't hear any shouting so I assumed she kept her cool?"

Her feelings about the situation were still unclear. This wasn't the first time things between her and her mother cooled, only to reignite furiously later on. "It was nice, unexpected, but nice." Lilian took her hand out of the bath and brushed her sisters cheek. Affection between the two was scare but appreciated. On both ends.

"You never know, things might clear up."

"Maybe."
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet