Coincidence or divine interference [Rathe]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Coincidence or divine interference [Rathe]

Postby Alnair on December 11th, 2011, 12:57 am

11 of Winter 511 AV

Alnair sat quiet in front of the sacred flame, he sat 400 yr away as was the law and still its heat could be felt on his skin. His blue eyes closed in concentration the Ethaefal was deep in a prayer to Syna, to help him with his earthly personality, to gain some support from his deity to move on after Gavan's passing. It had been several days, half a season almost, and still the pain was there in his heart. The old man had been a father figure to Alnair, he wasn't really sure how it felt to have a real father but Gavan must have been pretty close to that.

Divine Syna, give me strength to keep myself in your path, help me ease the pain from Gavan's death, it's a pain I haven't felt since I fell from your care. His prayer was uttered in his mind, the only way he could still use the celestial tongue.

Rising up to his full height Alnair cast a final look at the fire, Syna's flame, before turning to leave the circular temple. Passing the tranquil pond, fishes swam about in rhytmic even movements adding to the atmosphere of peace.

The air had a chill to it but snow had yet to fall, it still felt odd to Alnair to live so high up among the mountains and still have such mild winters. Not that he complained, he disliked cold and winter, the Syna was seen much less during the winter season and Alnair preferred a lot of sun.

Heading for the Zintia peak Alnair set his sight on the plaza, it was far too early to return home and still a few bells until the next rest block. To some people it may be hard to get used to the odd way of sleeping only a few hours and several times a day but Alnair preferred it that way, in his Ethaefal form he had less need for sleep as well. But now he was far from tired and he wanted to get out as much from the day as he could before Syna set and he shrank back into his past life form.
Alnair
Player

Words: 6038
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2011, 10:53 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes