[Flashback] Just wanted to be loved (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby Arojam on December 16th, 2011, 12:20 am

Charbosi, home of the Charodae. They are a peaceful race, but imperfect like all other living organisms. They are pacifistic, and only fight if necessary for survival, and even then is rare. But what action would provoke a Charoda to turn on his brother, to fight him as if he were an enemy...?

Summer 58, 502 AV

"Why can't you be like your brothers? Why do you have to be so different?" These words spoken by his parents had been permanently engraved into his mind. These were the words that motivated him to be better than Xalu, his older brother. Arojam was just about to finish his last day of practice before he tripped over his own feet in mid-dance. The lack of gravity in the water made him tilt forward from his trip, and he began to tumble in a front flip motion, so naturally he tried to make it look cool to impress his peers. When he regained his balance he took a bow as usual, and waited for a response. His parents sighed in dissapointment but his teacher, who was one of the closest friends he had, simply said, "It's okay, we can try again tomorrow." "But sir, our performance is tomorrow. Will I have enough time before to practice?", Arojam asked. "Ah. You're right Arojam, perhaps it would be best to practice tonight and be ready tomorrow." "Okay, I will." Arojam walked off sulkily back to his classmates. A few of them patted him on the back and some smiled, but they all complimented him and tried to raise his spirits. All but one. His brother stood a few feet from the rest, with his arms crossed. Why is he getting complimented by the others?, he thought to himself, it's like my parents and I are the only ones who can see his imperfection.

After his practice that night, Arojam walked off to the shore, and shifted his body in multiple directions, looking for any other Charodae to make sure the coast is clear. Once he had thoroughly checked his surroundings twice, he retreated to the surface. It was forbidden for him to go out to the surface at night, and always forbidden to enter the jungles alone. He ignored any warnings he had been taught, confident he will always come home in one piece, despite the lack of weapon or will to fight, as it is against his philosophy. It had been a while since he last felt fresh air on the surface. He stood there for a second, just adjusting to breathing air rather than water, and stretched his toes apart to feel the grass in between them. It tickled him but he couldn't seem to stop because it felt so good. He closed his eyes, breathed a deep breath, then smiled. As he exhaled, he thought of how much better it is not being around his parents or his brothers. La'tayru doesn't tease him as much as Xalu does, and he seems to have some respect for him. Or perhaps it is sympathy caused by pity for his lack of skill. Either way, he felt more secure with him than he did with Xalu or his parents.
Last edited by Arojam on December 19th, 2011, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arojam
Player

Words: 3406
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Arojam on December 19th, 2011, 2:52 pm

He opened his eyes and his smile quickly dropped from his face. In a split second every happy thought was destroyed. Xalu was standing a few feet in front of him. Had he been there the whole time?, Arojam thought as he felt his body begin to tense. "What's wrong, brother?", Xalu asked with a smirk forming on his face. "Why do you seem surprised?" "What are you doing here, Xalu? Shouldn't you be with our family, back in Charbosi where it is safe?" "I could be asking you the same thing, little brother." Arojam was irked at the fact Xalu expressed his superiority in such simple ways, almost like he's treating him like a baby. "Now hurry on, back to bed. I don't want to see you back here again." "Don't act like you control me. It's not like you're my dad!" "But they were the ones who put me in charge. Now listen to me. If anything happens to you, it's on me. I won't have that happen. Go back to Charbosi where it's safe." This made him feel even more insignificant because Xalu's commanding him to go back to safety. Not because he cares for him, but so he doesn't get punished. Tears were beginning to form in his eyes. "Why don't you care about me, Xalu? Why do you hate me?" In Charbosi, there is only love. It's peaceful and like one big brother-sister community. He couldn't wrap his head around why anyone, especially his brother, would hate him. "Because, Arojam. You're not like us. You're terrible at everything you do." "But the others accept me! Why can't you?!" "Because our parents have shown La'tayru and I that you need to have some profession to make it in this world. La'tayru is starting to talk about you though. About how you're trying your best and don't deserve to be thought less of. I guess you and him are the same. Foolish and vain." "... If we don't make it.. That's our problem. We don't deserve this, it doesn't concern you.." He was now too weak to yell. His body is confused. The tears rushing from his eyes make his body feel submerged fully in water, yet there is air all around. His body is being teased, not knowing whether to breath air or water. "Just leave me alone, Xalu..." He tried to take a step forward, but stumbles backwards. He's too weak to continue standing. He needs water, so he lets gravity overpower him. He continues his descent backwards and hits the water with a splash and slowly falls towards his parent's house. He regains his strength, forgetting about Xalu, and rushes through the door. There is a note on the table. He picks it up and read it.

Sorry to leave without warning. Our parents and I are off to sell some vegetables to the Humans. Be back tomorrow~!

Love, La'tayru

He drops the note and thinks, When did they leave, why didn't I see them on the surface? Arojam walks over to his bed and lays there, hoping they will be back in time for his performance.
Arojam
Player

Words: 3406
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet