A Kelvic in School? (Solo)

Keyta's secret is out, and her parents manage to also get her into school.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Kelvic in School? (Solo)

Postby Keyta on December 16th, 2011, 6:58 am

4th of Winter

"Remember Keyta," William, her father, began, "you are not allowed to remove this collar and you will do as your teachers tell you." Keyta looked down as though she were embarrassed to be forced to were a piece of leather around her neck and now being forced to go to a new place. She was slightly confused when her father told her that everyone will now know she is a kelvic and that it is okay; she remembered back when her father told her never to let anyone ever find out. Trusting her father with all of her heart, she made a promise to herself to not let her being a kelvic in public bother her and to do everything he says by doing everything her teachers say. Using her hand to scratch at the collar, Keyta found this new piece of leather to be very irritating and her mother could easily see this. "Is the collar really necessary Will?" Marlia started, placing her hand on Keyta's head looking her in the eye. "You said you wanted Keyta to enroll in school," William stated with hardly any concern in his voice, "and both you and I agreed that it would be much easier to just let Keyta's secret be known." Keyta's father wrapped his arms and looked away for just a moment before glancing back at his wife, "This was the condition the school gave to allow her to attend, I find it a very lenient policy considering they have never had a full blood kelvic in their school before." Marlia looked slighty hurt by the comment when she noticed he was looking at her when he stated "a full blood kelvic".

The family walked outside and showed Keyta where her new school was in the city and made a comment that she would need to be there every sunrise. A small amount of excited lifted her heart but was forgotten quickly when her collar began to itch again. Noticing the extreme discomfort of the collar around her daughter's neck, Marlia promised her little girl that she would go shopping today for a new, more comfortable, and cuter collar for her. Keyta smiled and kept walking, anticipating the time that she would be allowed to remove her collar from around her neck.

Finally reaching the school, William lead the family to a particular building where he began to talk to certain people until one of them approached Keyta. "My my! So your the intelligent kelvic huh?" a strange man asked, nearly touching his nose to her face. Keyta felt a slight tremble reach her body and she grabbed hold of her mother's dress trying to hide behind her. "And she's even a cute one! I think this may be a good decision after all!" William laughed slightly and Marlia once again placed her hand on Keyta's head to insure her that she was there for her daughter. Both Keyta's mother and father told the kelvic to follow the strange man and that they would be waiting for her back at the house when she got out for the day. Reluctantly, Keyta took the strange man's hand and was lead back outside and into another building, in this building, several children sat at tables all facing toward the front of the room and at the front was a woman. Whispering words to this woman, the strange man let go of her hand and said "Now you listen to Miss Taley, she will be in charge of you till you go home." With that, the man left the room and the woman, Miss Taley, stood there and took her hand before facing the children again. With a kind of happy tone to her voice, the woman began speaking to the children "Alrighty everyone, this is Keyta, she is the new student I was telling you about, she is the special kevlic girl that will be attending class with us all."
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)