Accusations and feigning innocence (Coren, Sera)

Coren arrives at work only to find that the library has been covered in snow! Can he figure out who is responsible?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Alea Davenport on December 27th, 2011, 2:28 am

9th Winter, 511

Alea went into town as soon as she finished her morning duties in the stable. Despite having only gotten a few hours of sleep the previous night, she was wide awake. She jogged toward the library, wanting to get there as quickly as possible to see the aftermath of last night first-hand. (Unfortunately, she had to stop and walk after half a chime because she ran out of breath.)

As soon as the library came into view, she realized that it would probably be unwise for her to run gleefully up to the scene as if expecting to see the entire front wall of the library covered in a wall of snow several feet thick. She slowed down considerably and ambled slowly in a direction that implied she meant to walk past the library...eventually...while she pretended to be extremely fascinated by whatever was in front of her feet. Before too long, she noticed something black out of the corner of her eye, and tried to make out who it was without looking at them directly.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sera on December 27th, 2011, 9:33 am

Sera crawled out of bed groggily. It had been an eventful night and she had only gotten a couple hours of sleep. Definitely not the greatest of plans. The girl HAD to go back to here she had been before. She just had to. So, Sera got dressed and pulled her hair back. She wrapped her cloak tightly around her, exciting herself. I wonder who it is Alea is messing with? She thought to herself and hesitated before twisting the handle to her door. If its someone I know, what do I do...? Apologize? Deny it? She raised an eyebrow at her own thoughts. Or just blame Alea? With a nod, she continued out of her room, out of the building, and on to...

The beautifully decorated library.

"Wow." Sera stopped dead in her tracks. Their work looked so much better in the daylight. Some people stopped and laughed at the library's wall of snow but continued on their way. "Did the wind do this?" She asked out loud as she walked past it, smirking slightly. No one paid her any mind.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Sera noticed a certain person she recognized. Immediately she looked away. This certain person was looking at the ground. Who exactly is it she's tormenting? She wondered and looked back to the library, smiling. That someone was going to come along eventually, and just because she was curious, Sera was going to fight out who Alea's feud was with. So, she continued looking at the snow covered wall and waited, staying a little ways away from the actual building.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Words: 85623
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2011, 2:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on December 27th, 2011, 10:50 am

Coren yawned as he was walking through the streets of avanthal towards the library, ready to start another ordinary day on his work where he could just slack of most of the day and actually get paid for it. Coren hastened in his step, he really wanted to be the first one in the library today, it would make him seem a lot more productive then he actually was. Coren turned around the corner and began digging through his pockets for the key felix had given him as he started his job, only to come to a complete stop when he saw that the entire door of the library was hidden by a thick wall of snow that covered quite a bit of the front wall of the library. He was fairly sure that wasn't a djed induced illusion of some kind so who in morwins name would take an entire night just to do that?
He let out an annoyed sigh as he walked towards the snow wall. He doubted anybody would be stupid enough to come back to the library this early after they had done something like this so looking for them would be an effort he wasn't willing to give especially if he had to clean this up.

Still Coren let a grin slip on his face as he he began tapping his gnosis and melt down large pieces of the snow wall with his gnosis, whoever did this it was somebody who wasn't a vantha. Because every vantha would at least have knows something like this wouldn't even hold up an average vantha. He continued to structurally weaken the shoddy build wall as good as he was able, trying to melt down the parts of the wall that would cause the rest to collapse, taking his time and letting as much evidence that something had happened here linger. He wasn't the one who created this mess so he wasn't the one that was going to clean it up.

oocSera, forgot to mention, since you are from the skyglow hold you probably have heard of coren and have at least seen him sometimes. You might have heard some gossip about that skyglow with no talent or drive for art anyway. Just saying, if you don't want to know something about coren beforehand then just ignore this.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 30th, 2011, 11:57 pm

OOCSorry guys, didn't realize it was my turn XD

Alea struggled to hold in her laughter as Coren stood in front of the wall. Making him have to dig through a wall of snow was fun, and the effort she and Sera had put into the wall the previous night gave her a sense of achievement. She wanted a better look at Coren's face when he realized he couldn't get into the library, so she skipped gleefully forward.

However, when she saw what he was doing to the snow, she froze, almost shaking with anger. She didn't know how, but somehow he was... melting the snow. Large chunks were already falling to the ground leaving the beginnings of a sort of tunnel which would lead straight to the door. "Cheater!" she yelled, stung by the injustice of all her hard work being destroyed in moments. "Stop that! You're cheating!" She slipped into Denvali as she continued ranting, which turned out to be the only thing stopping her from announcing to the world that she had put the wall of snow to block the library.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sera on December 31st, 2011, 12:36 am

OOCI figured Sera would recognize Coren, but wouldn't know him. Also, no problem Alea. Everyone does it. :)

Sera noticed a man approach the wall, then start to melt it. Obviously he was marked by Morwen, and that was something Sera wasn't expecting when Alea had brought it up the night before. So, she hadn't worked too hard on it, nor did she take it too seriously. A nights sleep wasn't worth such a disappointing She chuckled to herself and began to walk away when Alea broke out in a hysterical manner. "Oh you've got to be kidding me..." She whispered to herself in Vani and watched. Sera's eyes widened and she ran towards her. The Vantha girl grabbed the human's arm and attempted to cover Alea's mouth with her cloak.

So, she panicked a little bit... It wasn't that often she did something too troublesome.

"What are you doing?! He's going to recognize you, and possibly me?! Are you trying to get caught?! And I don't recall you telling me he was Vantha..." She hissed, then stopped, realizing not only had Alea exposed herself, but Sera had just let her secret out as well. She smiled, embarrassed as she let go of the girl and began backing away. "Uh... you can deal with this." She whispered and was about to turn around, but her eyes were locked on the man by the wall. She couldn't help but wonder what his reaction was going to be to them.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on December 31st, 2011, 6:40 pm

When coren heard the familiar, if annoying, voice of the little girl that seemed to haunt his every step since he met her. Coren began to chuckle, how typical of her not only to screw everything up by revealing herself, but also to try and push her own mistakes on somebody else, coren just smiled as he turned towards the girl really wanting to see her face as probably an entire night of work just literally fell to pieces in moments, when suddenly another girl who coren vaguely recalled having seen a few times in the skyglow hold, burst into his field of view and grabbed the other hysterical girl
“Well well well.” Coren said in a tone that clearly showed he was enjoying the scene that was playing itself out in front of him. “Looks like we meet again,” he glanced at the other girl. “Though it seems you have yourself a helper this time." He said as he slowly began to walk closer to them, it wouldn't matter if they ran for it, as he finally could see the other girls face he knew for sure that he had seen her in the skyglow hold already. So it wouldn't be to hard to find her again later, and with her, that annoying girl.
“But it seems your still just as stupid and ignorant as we first met. Especially if you didn't know that every vantha was marked by morwen.” He once again looked at the vantha girl. "I really don't get how you can stand her, she annoy's the shyke out of me whenever she even comes close to me."

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 31st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Alea couldn't stand the smug look on Coren's face. With a wild rage in her eye, she broke free of Sera's grasp and threw a fist at Coren's face. An incoherent snarl escaped her lips as she attacked Coren with everything she had. A small part of her wondered if she should try to cover for Sera, but she figured what she was doing now would be a better distraction that any lie she could come up with.

OOCCoren, you bring out the best in me. ^_^
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sera on January 1st, 2012, 12:41 am

Sera frowned when she noticed who the mysterious man was. She knew him, not knew him, knew him, but more like... had seen him around. "Uh..." She hesitated then spoke to him in Vani, " I am really sorry, I had no idea." Sera sighed. "I think she might like you. AND... She's not that bad, or at least hasn't been that bad since I've spent time with her, though, I've only seen her a couple times..." She said and then winced as the human broke free of her gasp and went to punch him.

"Noooo!" She shrieked and tried to stop her, but couldn't move in time. "Alea, you're acting like a child!!!" She screamed in the tongue Alea could understand. 'I do not want to be part of this!' The vantha's eyes flashed red for a second and she moved to the side, ready to just watch what was about to happen.

"I take it back! I'm on your side!" She yelled to Coren and folded her arms in front of her, watching whatever they were about to do.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on January 1st, 2012, 1:28 pm

As the vantha girl threw out the theory that alea might have liked him coren couldn't help but to look at her as if she had just had claimed the sun was green and not yellow. “I highly doubt that...” Coren's sentence was cut of as alea broke free of her grasp and threw a fist at his face, snarling like a wild animal as she did so. Her fist hit coren on the mouth, causing the man to stumble back a bit and yell out a few curses before giving the little girl a pissed glare.
Coren stepped towards her, fury burning in his eyes. “Stop this nonsense you miserable wretch!” Coren yelled out, his voice steeped in anger as he made a grab for the girl's wrists and then to knock her down tot he floor again, why was it that almost every time he and this girl met they got into a fistfight?

“You mind giving me some help here? I think your acquaintance just flipped.” Coren yelled to the vantha girl with some effort as the tried to get some grip on the girl who was attacking him. He really didn't want to punch her in the face yet, if anybody walked along he would probably be branded a child abuser instead of just a wierdo.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 6th, 2012, 1:43 am

Alea didn't understand why, but for some reason, when he told her to stop, she did. She backed up several paces, still glaring, her mind almost completely on violence. A part of her noted Sera switching sides. She was a bit torn on that front. Part of her felt betrayed, but another part understood; this wasn't Sera's fight.

Unfortunately, it was now two against one. She already had difficulty taking Coren on by himself. She would have to change her tactics. She smiled as an idea came to her. Last night had not been entirely wasted; she had learned a thing or two. She bent down quickly and packed some snow together, forming a fist-sized snowball which she immediately lobbed at Coren's face.

Not being a complete fool, she knew better than to stay in the open. After dodging behind the library, she knelt quickly on the ground and shoved snow to the side to make a crude chest-high wall. She kept her back to the wall of the library, trying to keep an eye on both directions, and training her ears on the slightest sound that could indicate attack from any direction. Knowing she did not have any time, she started making a pile of snowballs, ready to fend off attack, already starting to think ahead about where she could make her next stand if this one failed.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next