ANOTHER noob asking a character making question!!! :D

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Firion Kotaitur on January 13th, 2012, 6:02 am

I was making a character and was wondering if my char's History contained too many characters (family and the person who taught him swordsmanship). most of these are dead, save his twin sister (Eryll, who is missing) and the person who killed his father (Vaethir, who's whereabouts are also unkown). Is that ok to name people in my characters history. i'm not too worried about the ones who are dead, but what about the others (Eryll, whether she is alive or dead is unkown, and Vaethir, who is missing)?

One more question: is there a list of lores or something? some explanation on choosing of lores would be nice
Firion Kotaitur
The Wanderer

Words: 2562
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on January 13th, 2012, 6:46 am

Hello Firion I am here to help! First off on your History, no go ahead and put all the names you want! It helps to flesh out your character's concept if you have a good idea of their background, however, that being said if you plan on your PC ever coming into contact with any of them that are still living you will have to get a modded thread, or request an NPC creation from the Help Desk. Other than that you can name anyone you want. Just be careful that none that you name are big time people within Mizahar. Being related to a high ranking government official is also something that you would need to talk to your local ST about.

Now as for Lores, well that is something that is kind of difficult to explain. First, no there is not a list of lores because Lores are something that cannot be listed. Lores are things that are unique to your character, something they know, have learned or experienced. It is something that cannot be built upon or improved. Lores are more IDEAS than real THINGS.

So an example of lore: For someone who is a hunter who specializes in certain kinds of kills they might consider a lore such as: Hunting: Myrian Tiger (expert) (I do not recomend this if you want your character to live :D)

Or maybe you have a doctor who collects his own ingreideints for medicine, so he might have lores like: Lore of Kalea Plants, or Steady Hands (in reference to his ability with a needle)

you may even consider lores to do with experiences. Such as a dancer who has had her fist meet with failure, she may have a lore like: Failure is a Part of Life, or even Never Give UP (if she chose to keep going)

Really, there is no set way to explain Lores, or even to choose them. They can be almost anything, but be sure that they are personal to your character. Hope that helps :)

Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Firion Kotaitur on January 14th, 2012, 12:08 am

thanks for the explanation, i'll try to think up a few lores for my char. as for Vaethir and Eryll, i might send a request sometime in the future to the help desk.
Firion Kotaitur
The Wanderer

Words: 2562
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet