Here We Find.....[Open]

Serrif goes to the local tavern to just unwind and well finds more than he could imagine.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Here We Find.....[Open]

Postby Desmus Marrudius on February 11th, 2012, 6:35 am

Desmus again found himself missing the old days of pavilion and family as he watched the two young Drykas cousins. Those that knew nothing of the Drykas lifestyle would find the bond that all Drykas families have. Desmus began to think of Separate as he watched Wyndivere. He loved her still even after all this time. A single word fell from his lips while he deeply thought "Aela". He caught himself then began to look at those around him.

Every Drykas learns some form of combat at one point in their youth, so he was confident that the young ones could atleast defend themselves. The man however was hard to know. He had the marks of a slave but his knowledge far exceeded a mere slave. No matter, Desmus was a warrior.

It was time Desmus would ready Drakor and prepare for battle.
"I watched as the lamb opened the fourth of the seven seals and I heard the fourth of the living beasts say in a voice like thunder come and see, and I saw and behold a pale horse and he sat on him was death and behind him, hell followed" - Revelations 6:8
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Words: 29640
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Here We Find.....[Open]

Postby Wyndivere Moondirge on February 12th, 2012, 7:15 pm

She stared at the chair where Serrif had been sitting. Had he just made an advance on her? It certainly appeared that way. He did seem to have a lot of experience. Something that she valued in a man. Indeed, something she valued in anyone. Something she wanted to value in herself.

On her 16th birthday she had decided to start searching for a mate. She wanted, more than anything to be of value to her community. She needed a husband to be a valuable member to her socioty. And her windmarks. She needed her windmarks. But Drykas have no influence over that. They cannot search for the companionsip of a strider. She had to wait for that. So, in the meantime she would search for the next best thing. The companionsip of a man. A husband. So, since her 16th birthday she had been contemplating the elegibility of every man who she came into contact with.

Serrif seemed to have many qualities that she would be proud of as a wife, and that her father would have valued in his life. But Serrif lacked one vital trait. He was not Drykas, And Wyndivere would not leave her people. It was not unheard of for outsiders to join the Drykas. New blood among the gene pool was welcomed. Especially if the outsider had usefull skills. Perhaps. More variables to contemplate.

What about Desmus? He had experience, and he was a warrior as well as a Drykas. She didn't know enough about him yet. But she knew that he was the only member of his pavilion, and that scared her.

She had not yet told Solicah any of this. Perhaps she should. The opinion of another member of her family would be valuable.She drank the last sip of wine from her glass, her mind lost in thought as it had been befor Serrif had sat down at her table.

"Desmus," she said befor leaving, "you can stay with Solicah and I if you like." She told him where they were staying. He was Drykas, and that made him as close as family. She signalled to Solicah that she was heading back for the night, and left the tavern to get some rest.

What did she think about all this? She contemplated Solicah's question as they made their way to the Sanctuary the next morning. The beads on her spear clinked slightly as she walked. She had gotten little sleep the night befor. Too many thoughts in her mind. Despite that, she was not poorly rested. Even simply lying down with her eyes closed could bring her some rest if not sleep. When Solicah had returned from the tavern, she had told him of the decision to find a husband on her 16th birthday. She had been able to sleep after that.

"Well Solicah, to be honest, I'm glad to be returning to the grasslands. We may be riding into danger, but it still feels like a breath of fresh air. Riverfall is a beautiful city, but I'm not fond of closed in spaces. I don't like that I can't see all the way around me for as far as the eye can see." She smiled at Solicah. The day would be treachurous but adventerous. Would her father be proud of this?
Wyndivere Moondirge
Player

Words: 10015
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2012, 2:37 am
Character sheet

Here We Find.....[Open]

Postby Solicah on February 13th, 2012, 2:16 am

Secret :
ok, I lied. guna wait to meet our guest mod before I decide for sure what he bought.

Wyn if u wana do a flashback do that conversation some time I'm up for it. ^-^ Sounds fun.

Solicah had shown his support for his counsin's decision the night before. He understood the need to reach out and reproduce. If anything the conversation brought him shame. He really admired his cousin for her willingness to search for a way to strengthen their people. In that matter Solicah wondered if he would ever find a mate. He was in a different boat, however, he had the only mate he ever truly needed by his side already, Aureanna.

This morning brought a new and refreshing set of thoughts to them both, however. And Solicah was quick to let the conversation from the night before slip away into the darkness it originated in. "I think I understand how you feel. Danger is one thing, fear is an entirely other. I've been feeling so restricted, especially since the onset of this persistent winter." His eyes carefully scanned about the land around them as the moved along at an even pace. "Something about Riverfall. Likely just being away from the Pavilion. I love the city, I really do. But, the Akalak don't create the same atmisfere we have at home. They don't really understand the emaning of freedom. Always working day in and day out, never for the sake of getting anything done, just for the exclusive reason of working. I think that's why they don't know how to play, because they don't have a real reason to work. Why would they have any reason to play?" He then gave a slight laugh and his usual smile returned as he continued on their previous topic.

"Though we are facing something scary now, a quest to will intentionally endanger both of our lives. It somehow feels much more 'right' than what we have been doing in Riverfall. I know the Pavilion needs money, and we need to have knowledge of the outside world. But, Cousin," he looked to her with eyes that knew what he was about to speak was a sensation they both shared, "this is where we belong. And always will. On this stretch of gorgeous grounds," he gave a wide speed of his arm out toward the expanse of snow covered grasslands, "that our people have fought and died upon. Fought and died for. And, as such it is out place to both fight, and die on it." His voice was not overly serious as he spoke, but actually quite proud. For a stranger his tone would almost seem a matter of fact.

In conclusion he finished by saying, "Yes, I realize this danger. But, I don't feel fear over it. I feel pride. My Cousin, and another of our blood fight with us, hunt with us, all to maintain the pride of our land. There is no reason not to be glad of this return!" At this point he adopted a mischievous smile and looked out toward the grasslands about them. His hands reached down and touched the horses in a way they would at least tell Aureanna to stay calm, and shouted with much gusto. "We are back! And, we are proud!" He laughed and looked at his cousin and finished with, "And glad!"

Still laughing he patted Aureanna, realizing her discomfort with the sound, and respecting her desire to run the feeling off he said, both to her and his cousin. "Race to Sanctuary?! Morning warm up!" He then quickly shifted his weight along Aureanna's back, tucking his legs back out of her way so she could run undisturbed. Without further prompting she graceful entered her speedy gallop, unbeatable by his cousin's mount, but Aureanna would hold back enough to stay safe, and still lead the horse beside her, as was her nature. To nurture and lead.
Solicah
Player

Words: 92915
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous