Lase

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lase

Postby Lase on January 22nd, 2012, 9:10 pm

The White Seal's Lullaby
Oh! Hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us,
And black are the waters that sparkled so green.
The moon, o'er the combers, looks downward to find us
At rest in the hollows that rustle between.
Where billow meets billow, then soft be thy pillow;
Ah, weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease!
The storm shall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee,
Asleep in the arms of the slow-swinging seas.

~Rudyard Kipling~

ImageName: Lase
Race: half Akvatari/half Svefra
Birthdate&Age: Spring 1, 495 AV [16]

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 100lbs

Pod: None, though she hopes to join one.

Lase is currently in the Northern Suvan.

Being half Svefra, Lase has the racial blue eyes, which hide under a long fringe of dark reddish-brown hair. You can barely see her eyes under her long locks, and it's a miracle how she can see.

The Akvatari part of her ancestry is a tad bit more noticeable. Instead of legs, she has the slick body of a fur seal. It's light grey in colour, with a few dark grey speckles. Instead of feet, she has tail flippers. Her body is toned and slightly muscular, especially her tail, because she has to swim most of the time. She usually attempts to keep her hair tangle and sand free, although most attempts are ruined when she is swimming.

Lase has fair skin, unscathed on the first look, but there are minuscule scars from the few times she has gotten herself caught in a Svefra's net. Another distinguishing mark is two red bands tattooed on her lower left forearm. Lase has forgotten where she got the tattoos, but she doesn't mind. Of course, growing up in a pod means she has a pod tattoo. The tattoo is a red starfishImage, located in the small of her back. Currently, she is the only living person that she knows of with the tattoo.

Her hollow bones give her a lighter than average weight, which doesn't really affect her swimming, but gives other people an edge if they wanted to carry her, or say, lift up a net that she was entrapped in and help her out.

Lase exists in a state of constant melancholy. She doesn't understand why a god or goddess hasn't claimed the Akvatari, even though something must have happened to create the race. She will spend long periods of time pondering questions and imagining poetry. Around other people, this melancholia is often overshadowed with the convivial and happy-go-lucky spirit of the Svefra. There's always a small bit of observation and sadness in her eyes, but no one usually sees that, considering her fringe is in the way. She is stubborn on some subjects, and compliant on others, but overall she is difficult to get along with. She tends to keep people at a distance, trying not to form relationships, simply because she doesn't want them to end. Lase believes all beginning have an end, including friendships that would seem to last forever. In fact, Lase still believes her entire pod is alive, just on a long journey she couldn't attend, because she has the memory of them burning and dying on lock and key in the forgotten corner of her subconscious. She has dropped the name 'Starwave', though, because she hasn't seen her pod for a long time.

Lase spends her days observing, thinking, and swimming. She wants to learn to paint, play an instrument, or something like that, but it's very difficult to paint underwater, and many instruments do not go well with water. So instead, she'll think up poetry and recite her poems to the random sea creatures that happen to drift by her. Lase's main spot is a large rock that juts out a mile from shore, which has enough space for her to comfortably sit on. She never writes down her poetry; only remembers the ones she liked.

Lase will usually only sleep for a few hours at a time, either in small underwater caves or on sandy beaches. Occasionally, when she is far away from any beaches or caves, she will take many short catnaps to make sure she doesn't get tangled up in nets or fishing line.

Lase's diet consists of fish, seaweed, mollusks and other plants, though considering how inept she is at catching fish, she'll usually just eats oysters and aquatic plants.

Lase had a happy, if not so normal, childhood. It all started when an Akvatari, named Barua, decided to visit the Suvan Sea. She flew the entire distance, only stopping to rest for short periods of time and eat. When she arrived at the Suvan, she was overtaken by the beauty. She flew over the water, taking in the sites of the sea. When it was almost dark, Barua realized how exhausted she was. There was no land in sight, only some ships clustered together. She saw people on deck, enjoying themselves, and watched quietly from the air for a few minutes, watching. Abruptly, she fell to the exhaustion and fell from the sky, landing on the middle of one of the boats. People came to see the strange creature that had fallen from the sky with the wings of a butterfly and the body of a seal. Some knew the name: it was an Akvatari.

Barua suffered from bruises, cuts, a concussion - even a broken rib. The Svefra didn't want to risk the Akvatari dying on board, for it was such an admirable creature, able to swim and fly. They took their best healer -- a young man named Maroon Starwave -- to Barua, to heal her. While she was in his care, the two fell in love. When she was well again, instead of going away, Barua stayed with the Starwave pod. She could fly to the clouds with ease, able to look every way for anything. She could easily swim into the sea to fix nets, catch fish, and anything else that was needed.

Three years after Barua's abrupt arrival, she became pregnant. It wasn't a difficult pregnancy, though she had to take it easy. When Lase was born, she was welcomed into the pod as one of their own. Each day, Barua took Lase into the water to teach her how to swim, and of course, Lase was a fast learner. All was well.

Thirteen years after Lase's birth, and life as she knew it disappeared. A fierce storm rocked the boat, ramming it into unseen rocks. Lightning set it on fire, and many of the Starwaves burned to death. Lase and Barua would have been able to save themselves, being able to fly or swim with extreme ease, but Barua couldn't leave without Maroon. She flew as fast as she could to a nearby rock, Lase's favorite rock to sit on of today, and set her down. She folded a a golden arm band with Lase's name engraved onto it that was going to be a gift for her 14th birthday into her hands, and flew away to save Maroon. Maroon was one of the last Starwaves left, and though he was trapped under burning pieces of the ship he was on at the time. Barua tried her best to free him, but they had both suffered fatal wounds. Eventually, Barua succumbed to the peaceful darkness and died alongside him.

This whole even Lase watched, and she hid it from herself. Sometimes she had nightmares about it, but after a while she forgot the event completely. Lase doesn't know the actual reason why she sits on that rock and gazes at the place where her mother and father had died, she just does.

Last edited by Lase on March 3rd, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 16 times in total.
Lase
Like a mermaid but better.

Words: 16579
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 4:55 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Lase

Postby Lase on January 22nd, 2012, 9:51 pm

You mustn’t swim till you’re six weeks old,
Or your head will be sunk by your heels;
And summer gales and Killer Whales
Are bad for baby seals.

Are bad for baby seals, dear rat,
As bad as bad can be;
But splash and grow strong,
And you can’t be wrong.
Child of the Open Sea!

~Rudyard Kipling~

Skill Amount Acquired
Poetry 30/100 10RB, 20SP
Hunting 5/100 5SP
Observation 15/100 15SP
Spelunking 5/100 5SP
Seduction 5/100 5SP

Lore Acquired
Edible Plants in the Suvan Sea SP
Songs and Poems about Aquatics Animals SP

Fratava [native]
Common [conversational]

1 Bright red band of fabric [for use as a shirt, if she even feels like wearing one]
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
  • 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, soap)
  • Food for a week
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & Steel

Heirloom: A single gold armband with 'Lase' engraved on it. Worn on her left arm, above the tattoos.

1gm = 10sm = 100cm
Total: 595gm

100gm
+500gm [cash-in housing]
-5gm [W 511 S.E. Squalor]

Winter 511
Name Date Summary Completed Graded
Talking Food [Sable Baggywrinkle]26th Lase meets Sable and her otter, Sib, and befriends them.
Drowning in Stupidity [Bob Barton] 14th Lase saves Bob from drowning, who in turn traps her on a boat and doesn't let her leave.

Flashbacks
None.

Dreamscapes
None.
Last edited by Lase on March 3rd, 2012, 12:26 am, edited 12 times in total.
Lase

Character sheet

Lase

Postby Lase on January 24th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Acquaintances Placeholder.
Last edited by Lase on February 4th, 2012, 11:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lase

Character sheet

Lase

Postby Lase on January 25th, 2012, 9:19 pm

If you don't let us dream, we won't let you sleep.
~anonymous~

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Lase
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Well, Lase is an anagram for Seal...does that count?
3. How old are you?
16 ^___^
4. What is your height?
If I could stand up straight, 5'8" [170 cm]
5. What is your weight?
85lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Crazy seal lady that talks to fish.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Crazy seal lady that talks to fish. And is cute. ;)
3. What is your favorite body feature?
My tail, of course. How many other people can say they have the body of a fur seal instead of legs and feet?
4. How physically fit are you?
Pretty fit, considering the only way I can really move around is by swimming, and swimming is a pretty good workout.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Well, I always wear a gold armband on my left arm, above my red stripe tattoos. The only article of clothing I really own is a bright red bandeau-top, and I don't even wear it all the time.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My father was a Svefra, by the name of Maroon Starwave. My mother was an Akvatari, named Barua (an anagram for Abura.) They were the best parents any girl with a seal tail could have. My mother looked just like me, except her tail was coal black and she had purple wings. I don't remember what happened to them, but I think they'll come back. Maybe they had to go on a trip and couldn't take me with? It's been a long time. But they'll come back, I'm sure of it.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I was an only child, but I had lots of cousins that were like brothers and sisters. They went on the trip with my mother and father, too, but I wish one of them would've stayed with me, so I wouldn't be so alone.
3. What is your extended family like?
We were all one big happy pod. I knew I was different, because I had no legs, but my mother was different too. If there was a big party or feast, or just for dinner, someone would carry me. We always had so much fun.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I consider my family more important than friends, but of course, if I was close enough friends with someone I would consider them family.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
I practically am an animal! And since my family is gone, I play with the sea creatures.

In the Suvan Sea
2. Where do you live now?
The Suvan Sea
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Akvatar. My mother always told me about that place, where she was from. There were a lot of people like her, with all different coloured wings and tails.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
There's this rock I really like to sit on, close to Alvadas.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Put on display in a tank, in a city with no water for me to swim in anywhere near, or trapped in a net with no way to get out. I've noticed a lot of people don't have tails, and would think me as some sort of freak...

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Well, I can't walk for one. It's sorta hard when you have a tail. ;)
And I have a few scars from being trapped in fishing nets. It seems to happen to me a lot.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Left handed. My mother taught me to write, and using the right hand just didn't feel right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common and Fratava. Apparently the Akvatari have a weird accent, and combined with the Svefra accent makes my words confusing sometimes/all the time.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I talk to the sea creatures, because I don't really have anything else to do. I also get trapped in nets a lot, but I always try to help repair them when/if they get broken. >:)
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Ooh, tattoos, yes. I like tattoos. I have two red bands tattooed into my left arm, and my pod tattoo (a red starfish) in the small of my back. Not sure why/how/where I got the red bands, but I got my pod tattoo because, well, I was in a pod. Not sure if I can still say I am, though, because I haven't seen my family in a while.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Well, it's not really an occupation, but I like to come up with/recite poetry.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love it. I like the different meters, rhythms, and sounds you can make with poetry.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Actually, I would want to be a violinist. I would love to play an instrument, but fancy instruments and water don't mix.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Any of the fine arts, like dancing, singing, painting. I suppose that's typical of the Akvatari part of me. :P
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
Thieves, assassins and mercenaries that could easily get a better job. If someone is poor and has to steal for their family, then of course I wouldn't freak out on them. If someone needed food or shelter, I would give it to them. If they like raw fish, seaweed, and sleeping on the beach or in underwater caves. :D

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
The best child ever. I always had to be carried everywhere on board, but I could help with nets and cleaning barnacles off the boat because I can hold my breath for hours and have a tail.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
All the stories my mum would tell me as a child! Of Akvatar, the svages of Falyndar, and the fish people called Charoda...she even taught me about a race of shape-shifting animals called the Kelvics.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
When my family decided to go on a long trip without me. I don't remember the details, but I remember waking up on a rock with dried tears on my face.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I loved them, but I was always slightly independent. I wouldn't tell them everything that was on my mind, or any secrets, but I loved them.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
I'm not really sure. I was always my own person, really. I didn't exactly share the same ideals as everyone else, but I pretended I did.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I know how to read and write, and um...I can do math kinda. Not very good. I know how to fix nets, too. (Not really.)
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I like learning.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Lase

Character sheet