Eager & Scared. [A Newbie's Introduction.]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Deshira on January 24th, 2012, 7:36 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
My username will do just fine. Of course, I have no qualms with being called by my real name on Mizahar. If you were, or/are still interested, it's Maria.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Oh, just a little bit here and there. I've never actually participated in a preset world where I could pick from a list of races and what not. To be honest, those sites always intimidated me, but when I found Mizahar, I had to give it a go! I'm loving it all, despite not even having a character made up. The possibilities are making me restless with anticipation.

3. How did you find us?
Google, I think. I believe I typed in, "Best forum role playing sites". Or "Top role playing sites." Something like that.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Play by post? Past tense? I'm not one hundred percent sure I understand this question, but I'm going with what I suggested. Forum role playing is the dominating answer in my mind. Next would have to be something along the lines of video game RPGs, simply because I've never tried table top.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I like to write about character introductions and interactions. It's always fun to see how another person/character will respond to your own in game personality, and then reflect on it. So many times I could just discuss various shenanigans me and my writing partners have gotten into.

I also like to write about personal experiences and thoughts, in a real life journal. In fact, I'm kind of a diary freak, however, much to my dismay later on, I end up throwing away nearly completed notebooks. Oh well.

I hate to write about anything that I'm forced to write about, or that restricts my creativity too much. Usually dealing with school, or education when an unnecessary essay is due on a topic I find particularly boring.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

Every. Single. Thing. Well.... I just joined, so it all seems very new and fresh! So much to discover! I hope it stays that way. If I had to choose, I would have to go with the extensive detail everything has. I mean, all of it from the races, to the customs, to the environment. It's simply stunning, really.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
I'm gonna have to say myself. I'm intimidated. Like... super intimidated. I feel like there's a lot going on, and I don't even know where to begin. I've read the rules, starter guides, random stuff I've just found interesting. I can't stop myself. I'll definitely have to look over character creation, starter pack information, and give my character some more serious thought before I can really get going. Oh, and bother the snot out of some nice members willing to give me some pointers. Cough. Cough.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

Happiness. Some friends. Fun. I'm pretty simple when it comes to answering this one.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

Uhhhmmmm..... No. I'm good. I don't think I am really in the position to know enough to answer this intelligibly.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Cheesecake. No, but seriously, for any member reading this, what were your first thoughts about Mizahar? Were you as nervous as I am? Or at all?
Deshira
Player

Words: 8180
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Xalet on January 24th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Very thorough, I like it. Typically when I think of "RP style" I think of a genre. Like romance, horror, action, politics. Different people like to write about different things.

Beyond that though Mizahar is pretty big, and there is a lot of information so yeah, it's understandable that it's intimidating. The best advice I can give on that is to take it slowly and start small. If you're going to be a sneaky Human thief in Sunberth, then read about Humans, Sunberth, and Stealthy skills. Don't try to read it all at once is the thing, I suppose. For me 6 or 7 or whatever months later I'm still reading a lot of the 'main info' for the first time. Like Magic and Gnosis and such.

Besides that chat is always open for questions, and there's a lot you can do and be in Mizahar, and it's pretty hard to go wrong if you check out the lore. I mean short of wanting to be a Dire Vampire riding a Unicorn or something.

See ya around, good luck and have fun!
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 24th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Relax. We don't eat newbies unless they come chocolate flavored and cream filled.

Be welcome!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357513
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Oluse on January 24th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Ya it is intimidating. But just take it in stride. Nobody expects you to know everything, just to be willing to look it up when something goes amiss.

And... you aren't chocolate flavored are you?
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Deshira on January 24th, 2012, 9:05 pm

It's funny now that you two mentioned.... Yes. Yes, I am.
Deshira
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Xalet on January 24th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Are you a Dire Vampire and do you own, lease, or otherwise have access to a Unicorn?
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Deshira on January 24th, 2012, 9:28 pm

No, but I like to race narwhals...
Deshira
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Lunae on January 24th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Oh, watch out for the Myrians... They will eat you just because you are a humanoid... You are a humanoid right? Not a robot...
Lunae
Forsaken Daughter of Leth
Lunae
Player

Words: 21331
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Oluse on January 24th, 2012, 10:13 pm

robots can be humanoid!
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Deshira on January 26th, 2012, 1:48 am

Oh geez, guys. xD

Good news! I'm off to make a character sheet today. Woohoo.

So... I guess I just post a thread in the character section... lol
Deshira
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Next