Winter Challenge

Good times afoot. Read!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Winter Challenge

Postby Stranger on January 25th, 2012, 7:30 am

Alright, children. This post is long overdue, and since we're burning daylight (and precious hours in the Winter season) I wanted to toss it up for you.

Our winter challenge consists of two parts. Feel free to participate in both, or one or the other exclusively.

Comedy Shpiel:

Mizahar is a dangerous place where lives hang in the balance every day. There is often a very somber note that hangs over most of our plotting and threads, especially in a place where extinction of the race is a very real threat. Winter is also traditionally gloomy, with miserable weather and the dwindling of fresh, exciting fare to nom. And so, let us liven up this season with some amusement.

The Challenge: Create a comical thread for your character. To make it more achievable, the entire premise of your thread doesn't have to be funny, but a hilariously awkward situation set in an otherwise austere setting or something similar certainly qualifies. The point is to create a laugh, IC and OOC.

Run the Letters:

A more comprehensive challenge to carry through the whole season. The goal is simple. Go through the English alphabet, and name something that is blue that starts with each letter. Bold that word in your post, please, for my sanity.

I will refrain from giving too many examples, because I don't want to steal options.

"Hunky Akalak Tom strolled through Riverfall, popping blueberries into his mouth."

Simple, right? Blueberries obviously belongs to the letter B. You cannot, however, just ascribe the color to any given object. A blue hairbrush does not count. It has to actually be blue or actually have the word blue in the actual name.

Let's see who can come up with the most.

Now, some candy for energy:

And off you go!
Stranger
Candy Maker

Words: 31827
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 1:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Winter Challenge

Postby Gossamer on February 20th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Will folks let me know if you were planning on doing this challenge? If no one is going to do it I'm going to unsticky the thread. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Winter Challenge

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on February 20th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Not us. We have enough threads to keep up with for the moment without adding more. Quality, not quantity is what we strive for.
Just as light brightens darkness, discovering inner fulfillment can eliminate any disorder or discomfort.
Ourselves
It takes two men to make one brother.
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes