The Copper Trade

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

The Copper Trade

Postby Sti Pascallion on January 26th, 2012, 3:46 am

30th Winter 511 AV
Sti Pascallion moved through the tavern finding a suitable place to pick up information of tasked to steal. Taverns in other areas are places for business men to conduct their transactions, among other things. Sti picked a table that was next to a group of three men who were leaning in to speak. He sat with his back to the table and leaned back on his chair for better clarification of the voices that were taking great care not to be heard. The three men were talking about a temple up the road, where priests were planning to move a large sum of copper squares. Unknown to why priests would have copper squares Sti decided he could definitely benefit from some copper and the chances to act upon such an adventurous task, up the road and take a left. He continued to listen and the information became even more valuable, it appeared that the priest were not preists at all but rather merchants who did not have the time or place to store their goods so they took up an abandoned temple.
As Sti got up however he made it very apparent he was there listening to the men, with a wide grin on his face and quickly moving right after the good part of the conversation. The three men got up and Sti sensing the anger in their movements decided it was time to dash. He swept through the room from the fare corner stumbling as he stepped on his cloak. Seconds after making it out he dashed to the left and looked back to see three angry faces and three pulled daggers.
A little fear stepped through Sti's heart and he needed to act fast or he would soon parish. He ducked out to the right and moved through an alley, he took cover next to a small barrel and watched as the three men in single file ran past him as he knelt unmoving and covered by his cloak. The men not knowing where he went split up to moving down another alley to the left and the other going to an alley to the right. Sti fallowed the man to the right concealing his movements with the sounds of the streets. The man was moving fast but Sti decided it was time for him to stop an lay down, he pulled out his bow knotted an arrow pulling the cord till his index finger touched the side of his mouth, inhaled then shot as he exhaled. The release of the arrow was very loud but the man took no notice until it was too late, the arrow pierced through his left lung and as he gasped for air while the bleeding became worse. He continued another few paces and reached for the wall he slipped and fell.
Sti moved quickly and as quiet as possible to the man his just shot at point blank rang. The man was heaving as he struggled to regain his feet. Sti was not one for pity and took none from the man before him, he pulled out another arrow and shot the man through the heart. The man died in an instant as Sti looked down upon him. Sti moved over the man a drew his knife to cut the part where his arrows were plugged to help remove them better.
Sti plucked out his arrow and placed it back in his quiver, and proceeded to loot the fallen man.
Last edited by Sti Pascallion on February 15th, 2012, 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Words: 19956
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

The Copper Trade

Postby Calvin Freeman on January 31st, 2012, 11:54 pm

Calvin moved to the wall of his small bedroom. He lifted his hand to the wall and put pressure on the alchemy ring covering it. The wall lit up with a blue hue and then fell into dust. It was a simple transmutation, but Calvin always felt accomplished by doing it. He allowed himself to bask for a minor few seconds in his glory. He imagined himself as a battle alchemist in a war. Moving from building to building creating holes as the soldiers moved past him. He was headed to a near by tavern that was just outside the alley way. He was looking for some under the table work so that he could put a little more money into his artier, not to mention his hidey hole, that was serving as his living quarters and workshop were he was perfecting his alchemy.

As he approach the corner of the alley right before his alley turned so it faced the street and his tavern, he heard a thud around the corner and then the hushed screams of agony. Calvin froze now was not the time for this. of course as soon as I step out of my shop some one dies. Calvin peeked around the corner to see a crouched man bent over a dead body, an arrow jutting out from it. He noticed the bow strung around the mans arm and the quiver on his back. He had laied his knife down next to the body, it was a black stone knife which sparked the interest of Calvin. Barbarians tribes traditionally use black stone knifes. Calvin moved his head back his idea of the situation was simple, the man was about 10 ft from Calvin and unaware of his presences.

Calvin bent down a pulled a piece of chalk and a jar from his sack. He began to draw a transmutation circle on the ground and when he finished he placed the Jar in the center. He will most likely see the light from the transmutation so I must act quickly He began the transmutation a blue light flashed and then a liquid appeared in the jar. Perfect. The next few minutes went quickly for Calvin. He got up and covered his mouth with his shirt. When he turned his corner the man was about to reach for his knife (just as Calvin excepted this barbarian had never seen alchemy), when Calvin threw the contents of the jar on him. He then reached into his hip sack and found the sucrose throwing it on his threat. The reaction took place with a continues puff of smoke. He could hear the man start coughing, so he ran, sliding past the body while grabbing the stone knife. He then got up behind the barbarian taking all his arrows and backing up. Calvin exited the smoke cloud facing his enemy. He dropped the arrows and placed his foot over them. then he pulled his own knife from his belt and pointed both at the assassin.

The smoke was clearing. “The heat from the reaction will wear off soon,” Calvin explained, he lowered his voice into the most threatening and convinceing tone. “Now, explain why you have just killed this man in front of my shop before I crush your arrows and call for the guards.” The man spun around. Calvin really had no interest in the guards. If they came he would most likely look like the assassin, still Calvin hoped his performance work at the carnival would pay off here. Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

The Copper Trade

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 1st, 2012, 3:43 am

Sti Pascallion turned to view the man before him, as he did he nudged the dead beside him. Making sure the he had bleed to death. He looked into the mans eyes and saw the deceit, only faint and maybe for a second. He didn't realize it but the man was in fact lying, but Sti was unarmed and didn't want to mess with anyone who had his dazzling stone criss. He slowly backed away from the man in front of him, he didn't understand what the powdery smoke was but it burned his throat.

The destruction of his black shaft arrows was dwindling in his mind, so he spoke. “The man that lay here was the only thing stopping me from gaining a ton of money.” He was hoped greed would overcome the man, he new every man had a price and all you had to do was reach it.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

The Copper Trade

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 2nd, 2012, 12:21 am

Calvin felt his hands begin to loosen and perspire. He had never dual wield knives and it felt unatral He could tell that he was becoming nervous because of his lie. He looked down and noticed that he was standing at the end of the alley and if any one, guard or citizen came around he would look like the guilty one not to mention the dead body next to the man. He noticed the man seemed to have no desire to fight, this was trust enough for Calvin he slung his own knife, began to walk towards him and handed him the man’s knife but the continued to the corpse’s feet grabbing them. “I have a shop near by here. It’s hidden and under the city’s radar so it will be safe to hide him there,” Calvin explained. “It’s just around the corner. You can explain this great proposition to me before i slice your throat” Once again Calvin attempted to be as intimidating as possible, but in reality he just want to get this body out of the way.Image
Last edited by Calvin Freeman on February 4th, 2012, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

The Copper Trade

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 2nd, 2012, 2:51 am

Sti reluctantly fallowed suet, even though he new he could run and blame the other man for the crime he didn't want to alert the other two who he had recently grabbed information from. Sti sheathed his knife with another bow string he just kept handy and placed it into his pocket and began to the mans hands. He lightly picked up both wrists still warm from being living not to long ago. Both he and Calvin hauled the dead weight up and through the alley and into his shop, once inside Sti remembered he left his arrows on the road and left in a hurry to recall them. Without a word he slipped through the hole and dashed around the corner.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

The Copper Trade

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 2nd, 2012, 10:49 pm

As the assassin came up to the body Calvin took in his full height. The boy towered over Calvin as they both got up and lifted the body. It was very intimidating.

The short walk back to Calvin’s shop was quiet. Calvin was looking up and down the assassins body for half of the trip. He was sizing up his opponent. He wore a cloak across his back, it looked most like a duster. The cape had been dirtied and it looked as if the boy had traveled far distances, although not much younger than Calvin. The boy said he had found this poor man that they were now carrying, in the tavern, picking up information and using it to make money. A sword-for-hire perhaps. He was much too inexperienced in that kill, Calvin looked down at the body, the arrow had punctured the back and continued through, so it looked as if it was shot from a max of 30ft. Mercs tend not to travel alone and they usually do bigger jobs than this, where swords-for-hire (or in this case bows-for-hire) like to hand out in taverns for adventures to hire on their expeditions, yet this boy came with no one. No adventure. Not to mention he killed someone within city limits. worse he is proposing an adventure to me. In conclusion of all Calvin's thoughts all he could think was immature, poorly trained, and stupid, yet something still compelled him to hear his plan.

The second half of the trip Calvin was trying to figure out how legit this proposition was. He had heard rumors of an abandon temple near Okomo Villa. Nothing special just the “There is a haunted abandon temple.” At the time Calvin had thought it was just something that the local kids cooked up, but now he wasn’t so convinced. The man they were carrying was named Raul Killmas. He was a known smuggler of metals out of Lhavit, but only been caught a few times. If there was a “ton of money” to be moved out of the city it was in Raul’s hands. Calvin felt no remorse for Raul’s death, he was a criminal with no family not to mention he enjoyed the company of young girls and the death was deserved, but Raul was a new contact of Calvin.. What Calvin must figure out is whether Raul was chasing this boy or if the boy was chasing Raul. So far it didn’t look good for the boy. Yet some thing was still off, perhaps it was the need for money or just the mystery, but Calvin would hear this boy out.

When they reached Calvin’s shop they set down the body. Calvin turned to face the wall. As he dusted of his pants he was relived that Raul’s transport was finally complete. “So what is your---” Calvin began to question his new guest, when he was interrupted by rushed foot steps. Dam, I’m not going to be left with this body. Calvin felt a slight responsibility for the boy. He ran out after him. As Calvin turned the corner he saw the boy grabbing his arrows. Calvin relaxed and leaned against the wall.

“So what’s your name kid?”Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

The Copper Trade

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 3rd, 2012, 3:13 am

Sti placed all the recovered black shaft arrows into his quiver and glanced up at the sudden interest in the "Who He Was" rather then introducing himself first. Sti was a little relieved that the man hadn't just through him with the wolves and called it a day, but rather he was the first to lend a helping hand. Sti felt great gratitude for the man, but as silent as Sti was he was usually unable to find the words to thank anyone. Sti held himself strait and answered. "Sti..." short and a little under toned, he wasn't used to speaking in a formal manner and he felt the situation needed the sort.

Sti stood there and looked at the man trying to figure him out without his suspecting anything, Sti had bin deceived before and didn't intended on letting anyone steal what rightfully belonged to him.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

The Copper Trade

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 3rd, 2012, 3:39 pm

Sti... his name is Sti. This was a bit amusing to Calvin he had never heard such an unusual name. Although, appeared human he doubted it. His name was simply to exotic. Everything about Sti’s posture and stance just said human. He found this man’s race fascinating, perhaps he was Inarta or Isur. Benshira would explain this his mannerisms, not to mention the duster, but Calvin was curious in Sti’s race for one reason, threat. Calvin didn’t like to tangle with the undead, or any one with a strong sense of religion. He just didn’t get along with these people. Right now, Calvin’s greatest fear was that he was being manipulated by a Kelvic, Nuit, or Ghost. Calvin pushed his cation aside. He pushed him self off the wall and began to walk out of the alley.

Calvin gave off a strange feeling that compelled many to follow. He spoke back to Sti, “I have decide to trust you Sti. My name is Calvin. I have heard of a temple near by here so lets take a walk down to Okomo Villa. I heard of this temple from a local ghost story. Explain what you know of the situation. Tell me exactly what you heard from the late man back there.Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

The Copper Trade

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 3rd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Sti walked with Calvin, Sti happen to enjoy the man that he was walking with. Calvin gave off a seance of worth that seamed to only be there when he took control of a situation, no still hiding act like the person hasn't taken control.

Sti never heard of the temple being haunted he just new there where merchants hiding their goods inside. "I first saw the man, and three of his buddies, down by the tavern. I sat at a table across and heard them talking about a temple with a lot of brass in it." Sti replied, but before Calvin could answer he spoke again. "But they saw me spying on them and chased after me, so i hid in this alley until they passed me and I shot one in the back. the other two took a left route and I don't know if there coming for the brass or not anymore." Sti took some breath and exhaled in shock, he hadn't realized that he may have bin speaking a little to fast.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

The Copper Trade

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 3rd, 2012, 10:46 pm

As the two men walked from the alley, away from the market heading for Lhavit gates, A man was following them. He was staying at least 45 ft behind them but never lost sight of them, a skilled stalker. He was one of the men from the tavern, Jasper, Raul’s Kelvic slave with the ability to go from human to crow. Jasper, although male had long dark hair and crystal blue eyes with abnormally large pupils. He wore a dark cloak and even darker leather straps under this. Jasper rounded a corner and transformed himself into a crow as to keep watch over Calvin and Sti from the skies.

As Calvin walked with Sti he listened carefully to the man’s words. “Ok so you spied them in a tavern but they caught you so you hid in my alley and killed a man in my alley. Well it looks like I will have to get involved any way other wise the Shinya might find out and that would not be good. Speaking of...” Calvin pointed to one of the patrolling Shinya, just slightly so Sti saw, but he was the only one. “Those are the Shinya they are the guards of Lhavit. Not to friendly if you get on their bad side so it is best just to avoid ‘em. So, about these two men. Most likely they were Jasper and Sulon Jitss. Jitts is the metal worker for Raul, the man you killed in the alley, he shapes metals for smuggling and Jasper is Raul’s pet Kelvic crow. I’m not to worried about Jitts but Jasper on the other hand was very loyal for his master.” The two men went through The Amaranthine Gate. “The Okomo Villa is just down here a little. Calvin watched his step, not many people traveled this road in the winter.

Jasper followed the two men through the city flying from roof top to roof top some times changing shape to blend with crowds as Calvin looked to the sky. As the men approached Amaranthine gate Jasper relized what was happening and flew to Okomo’s abandon temple as fast as he could.Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

Next