Lessira

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lessira

Postby Lessira on January 28th, 2012, 1:34 am

Name: Lessira
Race: Ethaefal
Appearance
Winter Hair: Silver Horns: Dark Violet
Spring Hair: Silvery Tinted Blue Horns: White
Summer Hair: Inky Black Horns: Emerald Green
Fall Hair: Golden Horns: Yellow

Under Leth's Glow:
When the glow of Leth fills the sky Lesirra takes on her heavenly form. Elegant horns that shimmer and sparkle like gems curl gracefully over long locks of delicate, straight hair. The girl appears to be somewhere in her early twenties, delicate and full of potential. Her skin shimmers as if it were bathed in stolen moon beams, and her eyes sparkle with an inner light of violet.

By human standards Lessira would be considered beautiful. Her skin is without a blemish or scar, and the sensual curves of her body are enough to turn the head of most men. When she speaks her voice is soft and alluring, and the woman's natural grace can be seen in every step and movement of her delicate hands.

Lessira's wardrobe often consists of either dresses or robes that are either silvery or dark in coloring. Her time is often spent basking in the glow of Leth's heavenly light, and the girl seeks to compliment the beauty of the night with her own appearance. The Ethaefal's hair is never pulled back or constrained, the waist length locks left to fall wherever they may.

When Syna Reigns:
When the moon's light no longer shines, Lessira takes on the form of her past life, a Konti girl with locks of white. With the changing reign over the sky the girl's form alters as well, shifting her 5'7 frame of heavenly beauty to the 5'7 form of her former self. The shimmering moonlight fleas from her skin, leaving behind a pale complexion that looks to rarely see the light of sun. Lessira's usually straight hair takes on a wavy pattern, much to the girls annoyance.

Lessira's wardrobe tends to change slightly during the light of day. It would not be unheard of for the girl to be seen wearing leggings and a tunic, usually of lighter colors, as she goes about her daily tasks. She is not against pulling back her hair if it begins to get in the way of her work, whatever that might be, and while she maintains her graceful movements during the day there is also a touch more discipline in how she moves her arms legs.

Having lost what little connection she had to Leth during the night, Lessira during the reign of Syna is quieter, wearing a more somber expression than when at night. There is a glint of something harder in her eyes, a reflection of some past that can only be seen by the light of the sun.

ImagePersonality
Lessira is newly fallen, confused and by and large unsure of who or what she is. As such her personality reflects her nature. She uncertain in most of her actions, a forigner lost in a new world. Flashes of a past life at times plague her dreams, and a strange sense that she was meant to do something haunts her during the day. During the time of Syna's light the girl's thoughts drift toward something that she faintly remembers, and questions such as "What is my Call?" often follow her through the day. Though Lessira cannot remember who she was, from the depth of her being she knows that it must have been someone with a purpose. Thus, she constantly wonders... what is her purpose?

As with all of the Ethaefal, Lessira mourns her fall from the realm of Gods, cries out in anguish when she realizes how distant she has become from her God Leth. Even now the girl is a devout follower of the God of the moon, and every night she can be found staring upward for just a glimpse of the heavenly paradise from whence she came.

By night Lessira is a picture of heavenly beauty, mournful and dreamy. By day she is a hard working Konti girl, struggling to find her place in the world. When Leth smiles down upon her Lessira feels more at ease, almost at peace, if a shaky one. During the day and the fall of Leth's reign, however, Lessira often finds her thoughts shifted to a more down to earth way of thinking. With the light of day comes the realization that she is trapped on this world, away from her God and his grace. Her personality may be a bit colder, more withdrawn during this time, and her emotions may be a bit more dismal.

By Day she is a Realist. She is Firm and she is Strong.
By Night she is a Dreamer. She is Longing and she is Passion.
But Always, She Is Fallen

Marked by Leth
Lessira is once marked by her God Leth, and his glowing symbol sits upon her chest as a glowing example of her faith. It is the mark of a waning moon encircled by a ring of silver, and in the light of Leth's glow it glows silver. Lessira often shows this proudly, especially in her celestial form, but she does tend to keep a modest cut to all of her clothing.

Touched by a God :
Wind swept aside hair and thought, casting the girl's mind from one moment of contemplation to the next. She could not see, could not hear. There was a roaring in her ears, and a strange feeling of... heaviness had enclosed around her, seeping deep within her bones and filling her with a weight that threatened to crush her. Slowly the girl opened one eye, blinking blearily about her as she tried to understand these new sensations.

Emptiness... an endless blue surrounded her, and only the briefest spot of white interrupted the monotony that was the sky. Looking down she could see beyond the blue, deep into a realm of night and sparkling lights, and it was within this realm that Leth stood, shining out his radiance for the world of mortals to look upon in awe. Looking up she could see only white and blue, continuous and daunting, and it was deeper into this depth that she now plummeted. Casting her gaze around, the girl felt a strange sense of euphoria, a mix of old and new feelings that began to well up within her, and they called forth half thoughts and memories that seemed like such distant pondering in this world of endless space. This, however, was an existence that was always destined to end.

It was a suddenness, a moment of absolute change of such magnitude that the girl could never hope to prepare. It was a moment where all ties to her life before were severed and cast aside, and now, truly, the girl was all but assured in her existence. She was separated, cut off and cast out from her home, her world and her God. She was a fallen one, a reluctant traveler into a land which held no place within the girls heart. As she looked up and saw the flowing waters approach, the girl felt little in the way of fear. Within her echoed the dying notes of her name, but just as the final cord was struck a single, all consuming thought filled her entire being...

"Leth... I miss you..."

Then it was, and so did the girl's connections with the realm of Gods end as she was wrapped within the icy embrace of the unyielding sea. Upward did she turn her gaze as the foaming waters welled up and enclosed her within a prison of currents and bubbles, and just as the weight of her new mortal form began to pull her below the crashing waves, the girl caught sight of the moon's radiant glow. Her hand reached forth, an attempt to bridge the widening gap of worlds between mortal and god, but it was, of course, only a futile, final gesture.

The world was consumed in darkness once more, and the sounds of existence became muffled as the girl's head dipped below the water's crest.

There was a sound… a string of notes that lilted and spun into fantastic patterns and melodies that sung their way into the heart of the girl. It was a call, an invitation to awaken and see the world anew. It was a comforting sound that spoke of kindness and safety in the here and now, and there was something so familiar about it…

Then she heard it, that cord within her was struck once more, and the notes within her very being awakened and called out in response. The girl felt a surging of energy, deep and unstoppable, well up and pour out in a tide of feelings and sensations. Someone close…. Someone who knew here intimately had called out her name.

Her eyes fluttered open and the girl beheld a world she did not expect. Gone were the roaring noise and the crushing weight being pressed down on either side. Those points in her chest did not burn from lack of breath, and the pounding in her chest was slow and steady once more. The girl felt weightless, full of life and energy, and it was then that she took in her surroundings.

Where she lay on her back, the girl looked up into an endless void of darkness that was broken by minute points of light. It seemed to stretch on and on forever to the point that the girl could not understand the vastness of what she was witnessing. Turning her head to the left the girl saw more of the same, and the same for when she turned to the right. All around her was an endless space of black and light. Tentatively the girl pressed her hand on the substance beneath her, assured in its solidness, however, when she rolled onto her side she was greeted by an endless drop into the darkness there as well. Her mind rejected what she saw before her and attempted to reason this place into her own finite reality, but then all thoughts were erased from her as she heard the sound once more.

It was like a bell had been struck near her, the force of it was of such power and magnitude that the girl was nearly staggered, and then it was changed and echoed about like chimes in the wind. It was her name, her being spoken by one who knew her more than she knew herself, and the power of those notes spoken caused the girl’s entire being to shudder. Her eyes turned upward, ignoring the vastness around her to look upon the focal point of her entire reality.

Before her stood a man… A man whose very presence sent a thrill coursing down the girl’s spine. He stood with confidence, a presence of such greatness that the girl could barely stand to look upon him. His eyes show out like starlight, and long locks of wild black hair fell upon broad shoulders and sharp features. His face was chiseled from shimmering marble, his body sculpted from the finest clay. He was a being of such perfection, such beauty and radiance that the girl felt filthy to simply lay before him. Upon his shoulders he wore a robe of white, the top opened to reveal hardened muscles and not a trace of hair. The man appeared to be trapped within a vortex, his hair and robes whipped about him in a wild fashion, adding to his striking form in a way that the girl could not help but enjoy. When he looked upon her, it was with eyes that seemed to stare beyond her, deep within her being. They were wild eyes, serious eyes. They were the eyes of one who would not be controlled, could not be tamed and who was beyond her very reckoning. There was intensity in his gaze, a hardness that was at once terrifying and deeply alluring, and the girl shivered with every fiber of her being.

This man… The girl shook her head and bowed her head low so that they touched her knees, though she was unsure when she had come to a kneeling position. She closed her eyes shut, squeezing them tightly closed so that they could not dirty the visage of the man before her. She knew him… and he knew her far better than she knew herself. He was the man whom the girl adored, idolized… Who she loved more than even her own existence. She could never look upon him as she was now, so far gone from his realm. She was…

A single tear traced a path down her cheek, becoming lost in silver locks that fell to cover the girl’s face in a curtain of shame. How could she look upon this man who was a God with such eyes as hers? What right did she have to lift her head in the presence of her beloved? She was fallen… Cast out from his presence and forced to the world of mortals. Surely now… Now he must curse her very existence…

Then there was warmth, and a weight upon her head. It felt so… No she dare not look. She could not…

“Why do you shed tears, my daughter?”

That voice… Its feel against her skin was almost too much for the girl to handle. She could not look, could not think… Her beloved, her dearest… The one who knew of her now spoke to her with words that were filled with…

Shaking her head, the girl ducked her head, separating herself from that warmth and pressure upon her silver hair. She felt chilled without it, but even so… She could not bare to tarnish such a hand as this man’s, a hand that did so many glorious things. A hand that had, at one time, been held out to the girl to take her from the flow of time…

The man was patient. His presence never left the girl’s, and his hand returned once more to gently caress those silver locks. It was a genuine gesture, one that a kind father might bestow upon a child who had injured herself or who had come to the point of tears, and indeed such was the case. Softly, in a voice that could only just be heard, the girl spoke…

“I am… F-fallen from your sight. I have no place before you as I am now, wrapped in mortal flesh in this ugly form.” A sob escaped those trembling lips as she continued, “Oh my dearest Leth, why have I been cast from you…? Have I done you wrong, or have I fallen short of your glory?”

She never looked up, never moved from her repentant posture. She was a figure of complete submission, absolute sorrow and anguish flowed freely through tears that coursed down her cheeks. Her thin shoulders trembled with the force of her sorrow, and yet the man said nothing.

Taking a deep breath, the girl slowly raised her form, resting her hands on her knees and keeping her head bowed and eyes shut. The hand still rested on her head, and its warmth did not leave her mind as she continued to speak,
“Have I not been true to you, my dearest Leth? Is this… a p-punishment for my frailty of faith? Please… I cannot continue on. This feeling… I am heavy with grief, and my heart can no longer sing the name you had given me…” With a shuddering sigh the girl made to continue, but she was halted by a sudden sound.

The man spoke her name… It rung out in the emptiness of the world and filled the girl with a sudden rush of being. The very air seemed to ring with the sound, and the girl felt as if she had been exposed completely, left bare and unveiled for this man to see all that she was. Her cheeks flushed with a mixture of emotions. It was intoxicating, elating and joyous to hear her name spoken from those glossy lips. The lips of a god…

The man spoke her name once more, and the girl felt every nerve alight with the force of his commanding voice. Softly, with hands as gentle as moonbeams, the man lifted her chin so that he might look upon her. With his thumb he wiped away a tear that trailed over the bridge of her nose, and from his glowing eyes the girl saw a depth of existence that baffled her into silence. When he spoke she felt her entire being eclipsed by his own…

“If you can no longer speak the name given to you, then I shall speak it for you…” He brought his lips close to the girl’s ear, and she was overwhelmed by his sent. It was wild, majestic and… intoxicating. Then he spoke her name once more; so soft and yet it rang throughout her entire self, and the girl almost lost her hold on the world as she felt what little strength she had flee from her. With a gasp her focus shifted and suddenly she was pressed against this man, and his arms wrapped her up in an embrace that sent fire coursing through her entire being. She felt his exposed chest pressed against her cheek, and those hands made long strokes through her hair and down her exposed back and shoulders.

“You have done nothing, my daughter… Do not fear, you have not fallen from my sight.” She could feel his voice resonating from deep within his chest, and his words called forth new streams of tears that made trails down his skin. She made to wipe them away, afraid that she would corrupt the perfection that was her God, but the man’s embrace tightened and she was forced to remain motionless against him, “The tears of my own shall always be welcome… Let forth your deluge, and purge yourself of this sorrow… and know that I have not forgotten you.”

And so she did, at her God’s command the girl released her reservations and wept openly, taking comfort in the man’s tight embrace. He was a source of stability, a comforting presence that called every ounce of grievance to pour out from her soul. She let it all come forth to fall upon her God, who took upon himself the grievances of this girl, of his daughter, and when she was finished he simply held her tightly for a few moments longer.

Slowly, and with reluctance, the girl edged back from the embrace. Her eyes remained downward, staring into the endless void of the world while she awaited her voice’s return. She could not comprehend… Why was it that he had…

Shaking her head, she touched a hand to her heart, pressing against her chest and the ache that resonated within it. He still remained near her, an arms length away, and his eyes never turned from the girl’s. She could not meet those glowing points, could not call forth the courage to take in the depth of his existence again, so instead she angled her gaze to the side, just past the man’s broad shoulders as she spoke,
“Why...?”

His voice rang out, clear and commanding, “Look upon me my daughter.”

The suddenness of the command and the power of it forced the girl’s gaze upon the God once more, and her heart thudded within her chest as she caught his gaze. It was like staring into the heart of the forest, fierce and wild were his eyes as he took in every aspect of the one before him. His eyes roamed from the very tips of her horns down to the very ends of her toes. He saw her, took her in and exposed her completely with his gaze. The girl trembled beneath it all, the weight of those eyes… The completeness of what he saw… She felt as if he could see her very soul…

Finally, his eyes locked on hers once more, and his voice commanded the entirety of her attention,
“My daughter… How it pains me to see you as such, but do not fear for I have not cast you from my sight. There was a catastrophe, a tragedy that has rendered both my and my beloved’s worlds’ asunder. We have tried to mend the gaps created, but even so some have still slipped between the worlds to fall upon the realm of mortals once more.” From his eyes there showed a deep pain, a loss that the girl could not hope to comprehend, “I am afraid that you are not the only one who has seen their existence shifted, and I fear you shall not be the last. My realm is in chaos as more and more slip through from my domain, and Syna feels as much as I.”

Standing from his position, briefly Lessira wondered when he had come to kneel before her, the man turned to walk a short distance away, speaking with his back turned, “I cannot help all who have fallen, but there are a few…” Turning, his eyes locked on the girl’s once more, “That have shown such faith that my gaze could never turn from them.”

Then it was there, the barest traces of a smile that marked the edges of the God’s lips. It was a sight that she could only describe as… Glorious. Shaking her head the girl looked down at her hand. It seemed so small when compared to the hand that had stroke her hair not so long ago…

“My dearest Leth… Oh my reason for being… I am nothing before you. I cannot bear to gaze upon you for fear of corrupting your visage, and I cannot even speak my own name… What use am I to you now?”

Tears threatened to fall anew from those glimmering violet eyes, but then there was a pressure on the girl’s hand that caused her to look up. There, mere inches from her own were the shimmering eyes of her God, and his hand enclosed her own in warmth and comfort, “Your use is in your faith my daughter. I have a task for you, a purpose while you walk among the mortals. Will you hear my voice?”

Could it be? Was it possible that this life was not one destined to be filled with sorrow and longing? Leth… Her God had said she had a purpose, that she was of use to him. No… surely it could not be, but then the girl did not dare let go of this one chance…

Her heart raced at the very idea that she was meant for more, that her existence had not lost its meaning. Her eyes gazed upward to meet the man’s, a look of desperation and longing filling her eyes as she nodded. Words were not enough. They could not express these rolling emotions that threatened to overwhelm the girl. She was to be given a reason to live, and how desperately did she seek such a thing in this time of grief and confusion.

The barest hint of a smile touched the God’s features as he leaned in close, taking the girl’s hand that was clasped over her chest,
“Then listen well…”

The man’s form pressed in close to the girl, and she once more filled with a feeling of lightheadedness that threatened to send her tumbling from her perch in reality. For the briefest moment his lips brushed against his ear as he whispered soft words, a melody that intertwined and wound their way into the girl’s heart and mind, burned into her very being as she felt the will of her God press around her. She heard it, her purpose… her reason for living… and she gasped and closed her eyes against the rising turmoil. Within her there was a maelstrom of chaotic feelings and thoughts, a cacophonic harmony that was at once completely certain and filled with doubt. Perhaps it was the force of divine words being spoken to her very soul, or maybe the reason for her existence was so great that the girl could not comprehend it. Whatever the case, when the man pulled back the girl felt her world spin as she sought a hold, anything to keep her from being lost in the swirl of whispers within her. Falling forward, the man placed a hand on her chest to steady her.

“Your life is not without meaning, and with your new life you shall receive a new title.” He brought a hand to brush aside a stray hair that covered the girl’s eyes, as she looked up at him, struck silent by the vastness of what she had been told, “Your name shall ring forever in your heart. I shall speak your name; whisper it to your being when the moon’s light falls upon your shoulders. In this way, you shall know that my eyes will always be upon you, however, you must also possess a name that you may speak of your own accord.” Leaning close the man placed a hand under her chin, lifting her gaze so that he could see her face fully, “I then gift you with a new name. One that shall define your new self in time, and when ever it is spoken you will know that I shall hear your prayers.” The hand on her chest grew hot, sending fire through her veins as the girl tried to find her tongue to speak, but to no avail. The man continued, his eyes never leaving the girl’s, “Within the realm of mortals, you shall be called Lessira. One, who has fallen, yet has remained faithful. Though you are less than you once were, you shall grow to be more than you have ever been before.” The heat from the hand grew to a new intensity, sending the girl’s mind reeling with strange thoughts and emotions. She could feel his touch caressing her soul, exploring deep within her to touch the very center of her being.

Slowly the heat began to dissipate, and the girl felt her world spin once more as she tried to focus on the face of her God,
“But… Can I really do as you wish of me? Is it even possible for one such as… I?”

The man nodded slowly, brushing a hand over the girl’s cheek as he spoke, his voice ringing within her mind, “You are able, and thus I give you one, final gift.” Moving his hand from her chest reveled a new mark upon the previously unblemished skin. It was the symbol of a waning moon encircled by a ring of silver. The mark sat in the very center of her chest, just beneath her collarbones and it glowed with a faint silver radiance. Lessira brought up a finger to trace the delicate lines, wondering at the mark newly presented to her. Her eyes looked questioning at the God, who nodded slowly, “With this you will always know your faith is recognized. I gift you with my own mark, a connection with me that will aid you as you complete your tasks in the world.”

Lessira nodded slowly, still touching the mark with curious fingers. Whenever the man spoke the girl could hear his voice echoing within her being. Was this due to the mark abilities?

The world around her began to flicker, like a candle in the wind, and Lessira looked about her in confusion. Her eyes turned to seek out her God once more, but she was shocked to find that she could no longer see his form before her. Desperately she called out, her voice filled with anguish and torment as she was once more separated from her God’s light and warmth,
“Please, no! I cannot be without you!”

It was then that the mark glowed brightly, filling the girl with a sudden rush of warmth as the world around her flickered to nothing. Within her mind Lessira could hear his voice, strong and powerful as he called out her name, “Be still your beating heart my daughter Lessira, for now we will always be connected.” There was an echo from his words, the sound of ringing bells and tinkling chimes that followed the girl as she felt herself falling once more. Her world was twisted and flipped, the feeling of pressure around her returning as she squeezed her eyes shut against the incoming sensations.

Those points in her chest burned with a fierceness that drove the girl’s heart into a frenzy, and she kicked out fiercely with her legs, forcing her body to turn and rise upward, away from the pull that threatened to drag her down. Then, with a splash cascade of salty drops the girl’s head broke the surface of the raging waves.

She gulped desperate drafts of air as she cast her gaze about her, confused and uncertain as to what had happened. Her mind had become a blank, and from her memories was pulled the events that had transpired mere moments ago. Once more she was fallen, cast out and alone in the world of mortals. She was a wayward traveler, a visitor in a land she did not belong. In the end nothing had changed for the girl as she made her way to the distant short. Nothing, that is, except for the glowing mark that rested on her chest.
Last edited by Lessira on September 11th, 2012, 5:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lessira
I am Fallen...

Words: 67629
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lessira

Postby Lessira on March 7th, 2012, 5:25 am

Skills Image
Acrobatics: 5 (+5 SP)
Astrology: 10 (+10 RP)