On Writing The First Post

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Deshira on January 29th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Hey guys.

So, good news first, I completed my character sheet (FINALLY). Bad news? Now that I'm all pumped up to write, and ready to go... I have no idea how to start.

I know I'm going to start in Ahnatep. But when it comes to how to go about it, I'm lost. The starting PM says the city gates is a nice place to be. The question is, do I create an open thread talking about my arrival, or post in a location thread? I think I saw one [Location] Gates of Ahnatep. I thought maybe it was like a description thread to kinda give players an idea of what it looks like, or something private? I don't know. If I knew where to post, I could get my show on the road! :)

I'm probably over thinking things. Thanks for reading, and even bigger thanks for your patience. :)
Deshira
Player

Words: 8180
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 29th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Yeah, just post in the City Gates. Or you can make a separate thread if you want something out of the ordinary to happen. It's up to you.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on January 29th, 2012, 2:41 pm

If you're already in Ahnatep, you don't need to reenter the gates. You just need to post here and then you can start writing.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Deshira on January 29th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Oh, I'm not there yet. Going to arrive.
Deshira
Player

Words: 8180
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Journal