Of wild stags and teenage girls (Yuros)

In which a kelvic and his bonded finally get to know each other.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Alea Davenport on February 3rd, 2012, 2:33 am

47th Winter, 511

It had been several days since the incident with the runaway colt. So far she'd managed to distract herself with things like taking Banir to the healing center, and researching travel plans. Yuros had scared her that day, and she'd been avoiding him ever since. Usually they shared the bed, taking comfort in each other's nearness, but since then she'd asked Yuros to use her bedroll and sleep on the floor.But sooner of later she was going to have to face him. Maybe she could put it off a bit longer...

When she awoke this morning, she got dressed quietly and snuck out of the room, trying not to wake Yuros. She went into the stables to begin her morning chores, making sure the animals all had enough food and water. She struggled to lift the large bales of hay; she was stronger than when she'd started, but they were still heavy.

She was just about to restock the stall of her own Gilding when she saw that Yuros had followed her. Her heart stopped, though not for the usual reason. She gave him a smile, but it was easy to tell that it was forced, and she quickly looked away and continued her work.
Last edited by Alea Davenport on February 18th, 2012, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on February 3rd, 2012, 4:15 am

It had been several days since the Huntress had begun to act strange. Yuros was more than a bit surprised when he was asked to take his place on the floor instead of at her side during the cold nights, and the Kelvic could not help but wonder at this. For the first day or so he had simply attributed this to the strange acts of the two legs, and Yuros knew that the women of any species were always strange. However, after the third day nothing had changed, and Alea seemed to be growing more distant from him. Her eyes never found his... her hand never touched his flank. When she spoke it was in short sentences, and she had begun to spend more time away from the Kelvic than was normal. It was simply... unusual...

This morning was no different it seemed. The Kelvic had awoken before dawn as usual. He did this every morning, and usually he would have left before the sun arose to enjoy the feel of Wind and Snow. Today, however, something told him he should stay. It was not an instinct, and neither was it an idea born of reason. It was something else. Something...

Standing slowly the Kelvic laced up his boots, his fingers moving with practice ease over the strings. It had been Alea who had shown him how... Shaking his head the Kelvic straightened, grabbing his cloak as he walked out of the door. As he walked through the hold his nose was assaulted with a multitude of smells. From the kitchen rose the scent of fresh bread and the sizzle of bacon, and from the rooms he past other smells arose. However, Kelvic was not thinking of any of these things at the moment.

What could it be... Why has the Huntress turned her eyes from me... why does she hide her face and swat her tail at me...? Yuros shook his head, running a hand through his red speckled hair as he made his way outside. He knew where she would be... Blinking slowly Yuros realized that he, indeed, did know... He knew what the girl would be doing... where she would go... But for some reason he could not guess at the reasons for her actions...

The cold air was like a balm on the Kelvic's frazzled nerves, and it seemed that he had been correct. The Huntress was exactly where Yuros knew she would be, in the stables tending to the Horses... This seemed to be the place she went when the world troubled her...

Taking a deep breath Yuros stepped out into the snow, rolling his shoulders as the chilled wind brushed over his bare torso. When Alea turned the Kelvic felt something within him tighten, and a strange feeling of nervousness settled on his heart. His heart rate increased, pumping adrenaline through his veins as he felt his instincts fighting to take over. For some reason he felt as if his life were in danger... and his body was preparing for a fight or flight scenario...

It was crazy. It was completely against everything his instincts shouted at him. It was a pounding in his mind, an ache in his soul that drove his steps forward. Something was different in the Kelvic... something new was guiding his actions and his thoughts...

Yuros stopped a few steps from the girl, looking far more awkward and uncertain that he ever had since she had met him. To her he would seem troubled, his eyes filled with strange thoughts and emotions that were foreign to him. It was obvious that he did not know... could not understand what it was, but never the less he acted on it. Against instct, and against reason, Yuros did what his soul whispered he should do.

Closing his eyes a moment, Yuros took in a breath, "Alea..." His voice was deep, resonating from his chest that was thrumming with emotions. His eyes opened and he looked at Alea... Looked at her with the eyes, not of an animal... but of a man... "I... I do not... Understand, but I..." For once the great Stag found himself at a loss. He had never faced such an occurrence, never had to deal with such things as passions and emotions. It was always so black and white... There was life. There was breath and there was food... and then there was death. There was the hunt and the fear of being hunted. These challenges of survival, his time in the spire, it all seemed so simple to him now. Because of her... because of this girl the Kelvic's life of black and white had been doused in color.

Yuros passed a hand over his face, fighting his human tongue to form the maelstrom of emotions into words of man, "This... strange ache I feel... Alea I do not understand... Have I done something to cause your face to turn from me? I cannot..." The Kelvic sighed and shook his head, his hand sliding through his hair as he turned his eyes on Alea once more, his feelings written clearly on his features, "If you ask of me, I shall lock horns with any... Give me the chance to show my worth, and I shall put down all who would challenge my right to be at your side... Alea... What may I do to... To stop this terrible ache, His hand clinched over his heart as his eyes looked down, and then back up to catch Alea's eyes, "You have but to ask, and my life shall be yours."
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on February 3rd, 2012, 5:09 am

Alea's eyes got wider and wider as Yuros progressed through his confession. Her heart sped up, and she had difficulty breathing.She was caught between conflicting emotions. On one side, she was still frightened by the ferocity he had displayed; on the other, she was moved by his sincere and passionate effort to lay bare his heart. There was only one way she knew how to deal with strong emotions...

Taking a few steps toward Yuros, she pointed to a nearby stack of haybales and said, "Sit." She took a seat next to him and exhaled deeply, trying to organize her thoughts. She was still unable to look at him, but it was different from how she'd been ignoring him before. When she finally spoke, it was slow and halting, as if she had to hunt for each phrase individually.

"You don't have anything to prove," she forced out, the strain of looking within herself for her feelings almost tangible. She took a deep breath, thinking that this was almost as hard as apologizing! "You already have the right to be by my side, it's just...but..." her hands clenched and unclenched, and she gripped handfuls of hay to keep her self from digging her nails into her palms.

Suddenly, as if it were clear as crystal, she knew what she had to say. She relaxed, and looked directly into Yuros' eyes and said, "Four days ago, when you threatened that kelvic girl... I've never seen you so...aggressive. It frightened me." Looking away again, Alea let out a sigh of relief. It felt unbelievable to be able to talk about what had been bothering her. As she sat on the haybales, she swung her legs idly, feeling like the tension had drained, at least for her.
Last edited by Alea Davenport on February 18th, 2012, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on February 15th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Yuros sat beside the Huntress, almost ecstatic at her touch. It had been far too long since he had felt those fingers brush against his skin, and the Kelvic had not realized how desperately he missed it. Breathing in deeply, Yuros took in the girl's sent, wondering at the sweetness of her hair and the strange pleasure he felt at being so close with her as he was now.

What has happened to me? he wondered to himself, Have I become... However, the proud Kelvic could not complete this thought. It was so strange, so foreign a concept to him that his animalistic side rejected it with a fierce passion.

His eyes turned to look upon this girl, this doe who had dulled his wit and entangled him within a web of feelings and desires that he could not understand. He watched her lips as she spoke, examining the way she formed the words in a way that seemed so much more natural than his course use of this two-legged speech. His eyes searched her's as he sought out answers from them that he could not bring forth himself. A breath of air brought a sent of agitation from the huntress, and Yuros leaned closer, almost without thought, in such a way as might have been seen as an attempt to comfort her with his presence.

When she spoke of the Hunter from several days before, Yuros could not help a sniff of contempt, but his prideful words were halted by a confession he could never have anticipated. The Huntress... The girl of tooth and claw, who lashed out with growls so fierce that even the mighty Kelvic could be swayed to her opinion... She, was afraid of Yuros?

For a moment the Kelvic took this in, casting a look over Alea that was filled with more curiosity than anything else. When he spoke, it was in a deep, slow voice that resonated from his chest, "You are the Huntress... For one such as you to fear is something that should never be. My crown of Ivory lowers in your defense, and my hooves trample to clear your path. You have nothing to fear of me, but those who would harm you would be best to accept their fate beneath my wrath." Looking down at his hands, Yuros thought for a moment, trying to form what he thought was common sense into words that Alea could understand, "You are... Unlike any I have come to know. Your voice it... It breaches a barrier that I did not know existed. My heart, it races when your voice calls out to me, and when others would threaten you my..." Grunting the Kelvic sat up straighter, turning his eyes on Alea. He took in her thin shoulders and long hair, sniffing the air to catch her scent once more. Words were, and it seemed always would be, his enemy in this. The Kelvic could not seem to form these thoughts--

Shaking his head Yuros ran his fingers through his hair and smiled grimly, I have... become tainted by these two-legs... I would never have need of such things if I still existed within the Trees and Grass...

He then spoke, his eyes looking at Alea once more, "Perhaps... It is this tongue that confuses me, but I cannot seem to... Speak what it is that must be said..." Yuros' reached a hand to bridge the small gap between them, his fingers brushing against her own as he looked deep into her eyes, "I would never harm you. You are someone who... You have..." His brow furrowed in concentration, "When you are near, I feel my thoughts crowed what my self would say... The Trees and Grass begin to leave from my mind, and I feel as if I can truly see for the first time. I do not... understand what it is, but I feel that I cannot live without you."
Yuros
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on February 18th, 2012, 4:47 am

Alea did not immediately know what to say. To say that no one had ever said anything like that to her before would be an understatement. Pretty much everyone Alea had ever met wanted her to get lost. They didn't all say it out loud, but somewhere inside, Alea could still tell, though she pretended to be oblivious to that sort of thing. And yet, something about Yuros was different. Since the moment she met him, she'd felt strangely attached to him, allowing him to stay near here long after she would have driven others away. She cared about him more than she thought possible, and she felt almost as protective of him as he did of her.

On the other hand, when she thought about it, she really knew very little about Yuros. He had come into her life and they had accepted each other without question, but they never really talked about themselves, if they talked much at all. She was tempted to use the excuse that with their strange bond they understood each other instinctively, but looking at the evidence, that was an outright lie. If nothing else, the past few days had proven that.

Moreover, Alea was not prepared to react to the strength of Yuros' feelings. Alea was very familiar with the emotions of anger, frustration, and annoyance, but she had virtually no experience with affection. The stag's unwavering devotion was so completely against everything she understood about the world, and it frightened her on a whole different level. She tried not to reveal this to Yuros; he'd made it clear that it hurt him when she was afraid, especially when he was the cause.

But...maybe, if she understood him better, if they actually took the time to get to know each other, maybe then she'd be able to understand his feelings. At his touch on her hand she interlaced their fingers, realizing that despite everything, she was still comfortable with him, as if being with him was the most natural state. She leaned her head against his arm and said, "Tell me about your home, about the Trees and Grass."

At that moment, there was an insistent whinny as her Gilding stamped his hoof impatiently. She was startled into hopping off the hay bales, her recent feelings and concerns all but forgotten. "But tell me about it while I'm working, will you?" she added distractedly as she rushed to appease her obnoxious horse. Taking the very hay bale she had been sitting on, she spread the hay in appropriate quantities where the wretched horse could reach it. "Beast," she muttered quietly. The Gilding's only reply was to dive into the task of eating as much as he could reach. Shaking her head, she moved on to feed other horses who would perhaps at least act grateful.
Last edited by Alea Davenport on March 31st, 2012, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on March 12th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Yuros blinked and watch Alea as she worked, taking in her form as she moved from one task to another. This was a first, to be asked of his home and of his life before within the Trees and Grass. The Kelvic took a moment to gather his thoughts, putting together this strange mix of senses and sensations into the tongue of humans. Clearing his throat he began, speaking slowly at first.

"The... place of my birth can be found to the south. It is a place of such... size that even I feel small when I walk among those towering trees." Frowning slightly in concentration, Yuros fought the words to leave his lips, "It was... Terrifying. Every day within this land was a question. It was a fight for survival, for life and for breath... It... Was home in its entirety, and I both love and fear it to this day."

Leaning forward, Yuros set his elbows on his knees, resting his chin on his clasped hands. His eyes followed Alea in her work, and when he continued his eyes would dart between her and the heavens, "When the smell of new life filled the air, the great trees would grow new leaves and the flowers would bloom with such colors as to make this place seem dull and lifeless. The creatures of the air would fly about over head, and I could hear their calls for many miles. Those of the hoof would often graze with me, and some of them made me feel as if I were but a fawn once again." His eyes darkened, and when he continued his voice was deep with emotion, "However, not a day passed that I did not feel the eyes of another tracing my fur. Those of Fang and Claw often pursued, and constant pounding of my heart followed my every tread. I hated them, those of the Fang and Claw, but even so I must accept them as necessary. It is simply a part of the way of the Trees and Grass. To live, is to know that you may die."

One hand absently stroked a long scar on his shoulder, "However, this does not make life any easier to live..."

OOCI am going to be posting hard for Yuros this week, so lets see if we cant push this thread through pretty quick
Yuros
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on March 31st, 2012, 12:39 am

As Yuros spoke, Alea tried to visualize the images he painted. For a moment, she almost felt the wild beauty of those great forests, and the eyes of the hunters on her back. But then the feeling was gone, and she was once again Alea Davenport, fisherman's daughter, shielded from all dangers save that of hard work. How could someone like her possibly imagine what the life of her stag had been?

Yuros had talked long enough for Alea to finish feeding all of the horses in that row of stalls, so she decided to take a quick break and go back to him. She noticed him touching one of his many scars - scars which represented a threat that, until now, she had not really thought about. Almost holding her breath, she lightly traced his scar with her fingers, her mind far away. Quietly, she said, "You sound like you miss your home." She smiled softly and added, "But I'm glad you're here."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on May 22nd, 2012, 4:12 am

The touch of the girl sent tingles coursing down from where her skin brushed against his. Closing his eyes, Yuros felt a strange feeling welling within him, a warm sensation that spread from the center of his being. Looking up the Kelvic sought out the eyes of his bonded, "I often feel the call of my home, and an ache courses through my chest when I remember the great trees of the forest. At night I find it difficult to slumber when the calls of the Trees and Grass do not fill the air, and yet..." A smile lit his own lips, "When you are near I hear a different call, one that sounds like countless birds in the time of bloom, and I feel..." Yuros looked down and placed his palm against his chest, over his heart, "Something else within me awaken."

Reaching up, Yuros grasped the hand that trailed over his skin, eyes meeting Alea's once more as he gently pulled her closer, "I... do miss the place of Trees and Grass, but even so... When I am here with you I do not feel the urge to turn and run from danger. I do not sense those eyes upon me, and the fears which haunted me during all of my days of Breath grow quiet and cold." The Kelvic brought his other hand to brush against a loose strand of hair near her cheek, his eyes gazing deeply into Alea's, "And now... When I stand close to you... when your voice calls to me, I feel that I am home, and I am content to stay by your side till the end of days."

For a time Yuros remained as he was, eyes looking into Alea's own gaze as if searching for some hidden meaning, but then his head turned and the hand that had caressed the girl's cheek now came to cover the Kelvic's face. Closing his eyes, Yuros sighed, "I do not know what has happened. With each rising sun I feel the Breath of the Trees and Grass flee from me, and yet... why is it that I seem to see clearer than ever before?" Moving his hand away from his face, the Kelvic examined his fingers with such concentration that might seem unusual from such a usually simple creature, "What is it that I have become?"
Yuros
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on May 22nd, 2012, 5:20 am

With Yuros' eyes gazing into hers, she felt... calm. Before Yuros, she had never been so close to another living thing, and yet, being with him felt like the most natural thing in the world. But then he had to go spouting things like 'til the end of days,' which made her nervous and confused. She did not want to think about a future with Yuros. Wasn't just enjoying each other's company now good enough? The thought of spending the rest of her life with someone was terrifying, for reasons she couldn't quite grasp.

With those anxieties floating around, it was a relief when Yuros looked away. She was able to grasp the hand that held hers in a comforting squeeze. She started to sit next to him again, but at the last moment sat on his lap instead. She wrapped his hand around her waist, knowing that her closeness and trust was the only thing she could offer to help him right now. She sighed and said quietly, "I don't really know. Until last season I didn't even know Kelvics existed."

She stayed quiet for a bit longer, contemplating. As she rested her head in the crook of his neck, he tried to think back over the time she'd known Yuros. Had he been changing lately? Had she just not noticed, because everything he did seemed so natural to her? What had he been like when they'd first met? How had he changed since then? "You do talk more now," she mumbled into his neck. "But I don't think that's a bad thing. I like it better when I know what you're thinking."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on May 22nd, 2012, 6:20 am

The gentle squeeze of her hand in his brought Yuros' eyes up to look upon his bonded. When she moved to sit upon his lap the Kelvic instinctively straightened to allow for a more comfortable position, but when his hand was moved to encircle her waste Yuros felt that strange sensation well up once more, stronger than before.

She is... so small. This was not the first time that the two had come some close to one another. Indeed, they shared a warmth upon every setting sun, but now... It felt a bit different. A warmth spread from the points which the girl touched his skin, and the fluttering in his chest made him feel as if he were being chased. Her soft words were like a balm to the Kelvic's agitated mind, and Alea's soothing voice quickly overcame any worries that Yuros may have had over who he was.

The sent of his bonded filled Yuros' senses as Alea nuzzled closer still, resting her head in the crook of his neck. The Kelvic felt his mind grow blank as he stared wide eyed up at the ceiling, quite uncertain what he was to do. For a few moments Yuros simply sat as he was, listening to that sweet voice as it spoke truths into his ear. Then his free hand moved to gently brush those loose hairs once more, moving as if it had a purpose all its own. His fingers brushed against soft shin and traveled down the soft curve of Alea's neck. Yuros pulled with his other hand, rapping his arm further about the girl's waist as he brushed his fingers down her arm and over the back of her hand, covering it with his own. Yuros enjoyed this feeling, this closeness and warmth that he felt with the Huntress sitting as she was against him.

"You have... given what I know here," He careful took her hand and placed it on his chest, "A voice and a way to be heard through here." He let her fingers brush against his lips, perhaps in a more intimate way than he had intended.

Wrapping his other arm around Alea's small frame as well, Yuros pulled the girl into a warm embarrass that he hoped could express all that he could not say with the language of the two legs, "I think..." The Kelvic paused and chuckled, "Yes... I do think do I not? Maybe that is what has changed..." Yuros pulled back slightly so that he could see Alea's face, "From the time we first grew to share Breath and Life, I have noticed changes occurring. My... Mind does not sit in silence as it once did. Now, I am filled with thoughts and..." Frowning a moment, Yuros looked as if he were struggling to find the words, "emotions which no others of my kind have ever experienced. Perhaps..."

And now word did fail the Kelvic, and he slipped into silence once more. His heart thrummed strong within his chest, beating in sync with the one who claimed his words. Absently he began to brush the hair away from Alea's cheek once more, his fingers lingering longer than was necessary, "I... do not think it is bad, but different. None of the Hoof and Breath "think" as I do now, and for some time I have felt..." Yuros shook his head and brushed a hand down Alea's arm once more, "Maybe I simply do not know myself well enough yet, but even so... what has happened to me feels... right."

OOC :
Yuros when Alea began to nuzzle his neck ^.^
Yuros
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next