A Knife in Cloth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 6th, 2012, 12:58 am

32nd of winter 511 AV

Calvin got up from his bead and waited for the pain to come back, but allas it was gone. Yesterday, Calvin suffered all day from his hang over he drank a lot the night before with Sti. As Calvin got up in his bed he wondered where Sti is now he pictured him in the tavern down the street drinking wine while picking up information, looking for work. Sti had enough money from their last adventurer, but Calvin knew it wasn’t about the money for him, it was about the thrill. He rose from his bead and headed to the rags (passable for clothing) that he had thrown on the floor, the night before. He picked them up and held them in front of him These clothes are terrible. How am I suppose to get any business in these rags. Calvin was flateren himself He wasn’t getting any business because his shop was in an alley way, not open to public, and he hated the people of this city. Actually, that's a bit of an exaggeration he only hated the government of this city. Calvin put on his clothes and looked at the pile of kinas on the end table. suppose I could get a new pair of clothes. And so, Calvin took his kina’s and left his shop for the market.Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 6th, 2012, 2:09 am

Sti, the night before he drank wine with Calvin and didn't realize just how much he drank until the bottle fell to the floor empty. If only Sti could hold his liquire a little better he wouldn't wake up screaming in agony about just how slip open his head was. Sti awoke and found he did not drink as much as he thought he did, in fact he found four of his own glasses filled with wine. “So that is where those went.” He looked around the room and found Calvin in his bed. “So that's where that went.” Sti chuckled at his own wit. He sat where he slept looking for the door but couldn't find it anywhere. So he decided to hide and surprise Calvin as a little hang over joke. A few hours later Calvin got up from his bed got dresses, opened the door with his ring thing and moved out after grabbing a couple of kina's. Sti stalked him for a while deciding that he would just show up when he least expected it.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Words: 19956
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 6th, 2012, 3:42 am

As Calvin walked down the alley he thought about all the fights he had with Sti. He remebered that he was useless in the fight and need some practice but he also remembered Sti’s actions in a close quarters fight. When Jitts got up close with him he tried to get a larger radius between Him and Jitts so he could shoot an arrow. In fact, Calvin had found Sti with a knife but never seen him use it. Calvin felt his knife on his belt he hadn’t used this knife until yesterday it wasn’t even a dagger just a knife as Calvin turned his corner his peripheral vision saw a figure following him, but rather than address his figure he just continued walking. It actually put a bit of pep in his step as he whistled and moved a little faster. He walked out of the alley way and straight to the tavern where he checked the booths for Sti, but couldn’t see him that only means one thing. Calvin bought one Glass of ale and one pitcher of wine and sat down in the booth and watched the door. As he saw Sti come in he called to him and invited him to sit down. Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 6th, 2012, 4:57 am

Sti thought he was being sneaky, allas he did happen to hide from him in his own house. Sti thought for a minute then moved to join Calvin. Although Calvin was sitting at a booth Sti was still able to pick up little bits of gossip, one of those being the robbery of the Merchants in the temple. “Did you here, Drake got jacked a full trunk.” A man ,sitting directly behind Sti in the booth, was speaking. “Indeed, I here they're going after them soon, building up a small bandit gang and take 'em out.” Another man responded. Sti found it amazingly good luck that he could here this but another couple of minutes took it right out, the news spread around like a fire. Sti thought a while and thought it would only be over exaggerated and that the news would be faulty. The merchants faces when Calvin talked was a pretty priceless thing to see. But he ordered himself some red wine and Calvin another Ale, and waited to here what he had to say instead.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Calvin observed Sti has he ease dropped on to the conversation, not that it was particularly hard to hear. Sti struggled to hear the words of the individuals, if Calvin was a Shinya then Sti would be on his way to jail right now, so Calvin tried to make up for what Sti lacked by pressuring an ease of conversation. “I was just about to come and see you, actually, I was thinking about what we did yesterday,” Calvin of course did not mean yesterday but because of the spread of the news of Jitts, Raul, and Jasper's murder he decided to drop it coded. “I would like to be more useful in a fight so I was thinking that we could head to the alley market and see what kind of small weapon's we can get.” Sti called over the waiter and asked for a refill on both mugs. Calvin thanked Sti and continued. “I also think that my wardrobe could use an update or two. I was thinking a black cotton cloak, black cotton hood, a pair of leather gloves, black cotton shirt and pants, and lastly some leather shoes. I think that that outfit will allow me to move silently and slip through the darkness. We may also need to purchase some nicer clothes, but we will worry about that as we come to it. So what do you think?”Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 6th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Sti thought through the questions and decided. "It would be good to get a new cloak. It would also be good to have a nicer Pair of boots, maybe copper toe, with soft interior." Sti eyed his friends stair. Calvin looked astonished by the way he talked of boots, But as it was Sti loved the way shoe cobblers created boots. He found his glass emptying and decided it was time for another round and called the bar keep for another, one red the other ale. "As for you meeting me here, well you don't seem to leave you house open and i decided i would stay awhile and not spend money in the inns." He looked to Calvin and waited for the Glasses to be filled.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 6th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Calvin’s stare at Sti was unwavering. He watched as Sti talked about boots. He spoke with such class and distinguish it astonished Calvin. Sti above all appeared to be a barbarian. Sti was strong and broad chested. Just a look at him is enough to scare small children. Even the highest of scholars we look at him and say that he eats chunks of meat with his hands and drinks gallons of ale like drops of water. When Sti walked down the streets he had a bit of thrusting shoulders and swing arms similar to an ape, but his height made it more like a train. People jumped out of his way.

On the other side of Sti was a gentleman, this was the Sti that was sitting in front of Calvin. He drank red wine like it was ammonia and ate with a fork and knife, which was a rarity in some places of Mizahar. He didn’t just eat food or drank wine he experienced it, every sip a new one, every bite a carnival of flavor. When Sti fought in Close quarters it was a dance of weaponry and flare.

It was this dual nature that always confused Calvin. How could some one be so strong and graceful in one package, yet maybe that was what made Calvin and Sti such good friends.

As Calvin and Sti finished their third glass Calvin got up and started for the door trailing Sti along with him. On the way out they paid for their drinks and left. “Ok, so first we will go to the market and buy some clothes then we will but some weapons from this guy I know in the alley.” Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 6th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Sti fallowed Calvin through the door and to the market. There at the market both wandered around looking at boots, cloaks, and other sorts of fine fashion. The one thing that caught Sti's eye was a small device that would tell time, if you could see the sun and set the date from winter to summer as well as hold it steady and upright. The device was made of brass and had a large folding triangle, the device had many grooves in a large circle. The triangle stretched from one end to the middle point, and when upright cast a shadow that revealed the time, there you could calculate just how much time is still left in the day. The devise could also strap to your wrist for easier and faster use.

Sti found a pair of Copper toed boots that fit him devinly, the interior was made of rabbit fur and was leather wrapped on the outside. The boots laces where made of fine hide that was wrapped and tided together like a weave. In through the leather the eye holes for the lace was also made of some kind of metal but painted black so it matched the black leather of the boots. The bottom of the boot was made of soft leather then it was stitched to pine wood which was rapped in rough hide for support and long use. Sti in fact found the boots to be quite amazing, and didn't understand why Calvin didn't see the same thing as he looked for boots.

Sti looked around some more found a decent pair of loose cloth town pants, and a loose cloth town shirt. He looked quite good in the hole thing. He also found a nice solid black cloak.

Sti liked the market, it was always made him feel richer when he went. Sti fallowed Calvin into the alley after they bought of few things.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Calvin Freeman on February 7th, 2012, 2:18 am

As Calvin walked from shop to shop he looked at the different fabrics and styles. He pictured him self hiding in the shadows with different kinds of capes and how they would look during alchemy and such. He went to one vendor and looked at a cotton cape and then a fur cape the cotton cape was light and flimsy while the Fur cape looked liked something a king would wear. Their was also a wool cape that was popular in the Kalea region because of the cold and mountains plus it was inexpensive. Calvin paused and looked up at the clouded sky fell it was extremely cold here in Lhavit there were fires going on all over the city he pictured where he might be in the spring.

He was thinking of going a few places Sylaris always an option, but more along the lines of Sunberth, Denval, or Ahnept. Calvin glanced over to Sti to consider what he might think of this. He would most likely want to go to wind reach, but didn’t seem likely. He would be happy in Denval. Calvin wanted to buy with a sense of good bargaining so he went for the cotton cape and hood combo.

Next he wanted to buy a new set of clothes Shirt, pants, and, shoes. The shoes were easy it was between leather and sandals, but leather seemed as the obvious choice with the snow and mountains. He looked over to Sti which seemed extensively happy with a pair of boots. This mad Calvin laugh a little. Looking over at shirts was once again simple he wanted a leather jacket so he went for cotton shirt. Pants, he wanted his legs to be warm and snug so he decided on wool pants.

A jacket he had already decided that he needed a leather jacket cheep and stylish. Calvin checked over his list and decided that he didn’t need anything else for winter in the way of clothes.

As Calvin and Sti walked to the back alley shop Calvin saw his friend Aria an Inarta with a falcon on her arm. “Hello, Aria good to see you again this is my friend Sti” Calvin gestured back assuming Sti was there but not taken his eyes off Aria. The falcon bowed its head to inspect Calvin. He shot it a glare, but then released and smiled at the falcon “And it is good to see you too Gordan” Calvin laughed full bodied and then placed his hand on the falcon’s head and pet it.

Aria was working hard on a drawing of glasswork when Calvin and Sti came up. She was so focused that she hardly noticed Calvin come up and ignored his hello completely. The drawing was a basic Jar, but it had a flask top.

Calvin finished peting the falcon and looked down at the drawing “Hmmm seems like an interesting creation their Aria.”

Aria continued to ignore Calvin.

Calvin got a little anxious. He slaped Aria on the back which resulted with her messing up the drawing and Gordan flying off. Aria slowly rose up and you could see her blood begin to rise to her skin.

As her skin changed colors to match her auburn hair she moved to face Calvin where her glare of hatred was replaced with surprised and then just happiness she threw her self into Calvin’s arms. “Oh, Calvin I didn’t know it was you!” Her voice was filled with joy. Just listing to it made it hard to resist smiling.

Calvin hugged Aria back. “Jees, Aria you are hopeless even Gordan saw me coming before you did”

Aria suddenly jumped back remembering her companion she looked up at the sky to see him circling over head. She then rose her hand and let it fall. “Oh, silly Gordan he is just taking in the sights.” She then turned to Sti and then Calvin grabbing his arm and putting hers under his. Aren’t you gonna introduce me to you r friend. Hi, I’m Aria.” Aria extended her hand, that wasn’t looped around Calvin's arm, and Sti shook it. Now that Aria was in full view you could see all her features. Along with her auburn hair, Aria had emerald eyes and a smile that just didn’t seem to leave her face. She was 5’4, but her mood actually seemed to lift her to the tip of her toes making her appear 5’6. She was dressed in an emerald velvet top with a brown jacket over it and common shirt which met her high boots mid calf. Her boots’ lips were overturned to show the fur inside.

Calvin sighed and looked up at Gordan, “I introduced my friend Sti here to Gordan since he has enough decency to listen to me, so I will let him introduce himself,” but before Sti could, Calvin turned and started walking down the alley way and Aria turned with him walking arm and arm almost as if she expected him to turn. “Anyway, I was wondering if you could show us what new Daggers you got from Wind reach”

As the three walked the alley seemed to get darker and smaller, more crowded until they reached a tavern at the end of the alley. Inside the tavern was a lot of the same people that are in the tavern across from Calvin and they were talking about the same thing regarding the murders. Aria and Calvin moved across the tavern upstairs and into a room. Inside of the room Aria finally detached herself from Calvin and pulled out a small trunk and laid it on the bed on the trunk was an insignia reading Mount Skyinarta Daggers. Inside the case was a velvet lining holding high end daggers, all with the same insignia on the hilts. Calvin immediately picked up a Dagger and began examining it in one of the corners of the room, while Aria sat on the bed next to the daggers. Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

A Knife in Cloth

Postby Sti Pascallion on February 8th, 2012, 4:31 am

Sti was a little shocked at the new persons personality. She seamed very nice but Sti decided it might be best to stay on her good side. He presented himself and let go a little bow, he found it suitable for a lady. He peered at the g in the case, they looked expensive and he already had his Kris. Sti thought a few moments and found it might be useful to own a throwing dagger as well as a combatant melee devise. “Are there any throwing daggers, you might poses at the moment.” Sti tried to pose the question as nicely as possible. You never know what might offend people.
Sti Pascallion
Player

Character sheet

Next