[Wright Memorial Library]The Strong and the Weak(Siarak)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Warden Thrice on February 10th, 2012, 3:57 pm

87th of Winter

The doors were imposing. The university, as a rule, was a very imposing facility, but these, these doors were imposing. They towered above him, at least fifteen feet, and were made of thick, dark wood. The castings were black iron, skillfully wrought into twisting vines that crawled over the borders and gave it aura of eternal condescension. Eorar groaned inwardly, doing his best to prepare himself for whatever lay on the other side, and heaved one of them open.

No one had challenged him walking through the campus, or even spared him a second glance as they rushed to classes, projects, carry messages, or do whatever it was that students did. His morph model was getting better. He’d even been able to color his whole body the pale pink that was so common in humans. His garb was black, simple but well-made, his skin was smooth, and his skull was bare, absent of anything; dirt, markings, not even the stubble of a shave existed. Though his stride bore unusual quickness, he moved with childlike caution, as if he wasn’t quite sure how to walk, and his face shifted oddly when an expression of wonder overtook it.

Books. Countless books. There was row upon row upon row of shelves as far as he could see. There was a second story of books where hundreds of shelves stretched to the vaulted ceiling, and ladders accompanied each one in case a book was out of reach. Pillars and supports were carved into depictions of deities, mostly those governing learning and the esoteric. People sat at large tables tucked within the maze, surrounded by open tomes and papers filled with scribbles that most have been notes.

He wandered through them, looking at everything with wonder, and jumped when someone addressed him.

“Are you looking for something?”

She was middle-aged, dressed sharply, and looked at him over two half-spectacles. Her voice was not unkind, but it was quite firm. Eorar’s mind immediately scrambled for something to look for.

“Books of medicine?”

He rose a delicate eyebrow, and for a moment he was afraid she would try to open a conversation. Instead, she nodded and pointed to somewhere directly into the labyrinth of shelves.

“That way. Three rows down on your left.”

Eorar nodded respectfully and set off in the direction she had indicated.
Last edited by Warden Thrice on February 11th, 2012, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Strong and the Weak (Siarak)

Postby Siarak on February 10th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Winter 84th

Gods he was tired. After spending half of the night and most of the day in this huge library translating some old texts from the ancient tongue to the common one, and that by itself was no easy task. When Siarak first agreed do the translations as payment for his classes he thought that this would have been a great chance to read up on some ancient lore, and if he had the chance to look though one of the largest library in the world. Putting his head down on the table groaning thinking about how much of a waste of time it was. Not that he haven’t have a chance to look though out the library, but all those books he translated held nothing but worthless dribble nothing worth his time. The only thing he found that he found interesting was a book that was written by an Alahea wizard that gave a detail account about Familiars which is something he would like to look in to more closely. But for now he needs to go to bed. Pushing himself away table Siarak got up and started to head towards the exit. He was wearing his favorite sleeveless full length trench coat with a red shirt under it and black pants and shoes that day. On the way toward the exit Siarak was busy rubbing the weariness out of his eyes and thinking on how much time he wasted he that fell to notice that as he was turning a corner he walk in to him. The impact causing him to stumble some caching his balance he looks back up at the man with his eyes bright red with anger. “Why don’t you watch were you going you petching you fool” he snarled at the bald man “What are some kind of venhrehk”
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Strong and the Weak (Siarak)

Postby Warden Thrice on February 10th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Was this where he was supposed to be?

Many of the texts within reach had pictures of familiar equipment, so he assumed he did. He seemed to be on the cusp of medicine and herbology, and since he knew nothing about how everything was organized, he simply chose a book at random and opened it.

The Effects of Mind on the Condition of the Body
Forward
Health is an essential part of daily livelihood. Disease, danger, injury, countless threats beset us on all sides. But is healing only the reparation of the physical? Is a body all that needs mending? Or does—

The book spilled from his hand as something slammed into him. He stumbled sideways, grabbing onto one of the shelves to keep himself from falling to the hard-looking marble floor. He flinched at the angry tones of the man that had caused it, and looked up apologetically.

“I’m sorry,” he said, bending to pick up his fallen book. “But you did running into me, I was still.”
Warden Thrice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on February 12th, 2012, 12:25 am

SIarak narrowed his eyes glowing eyes at the man when he told him it was his fault instead. “Really well in that case some of us would have a little bit, of sense to get out of the when we notice someone was coming” Siarak said mockingly at him. While he was looking at this man he had uncharacteristic thought senses he had a mostly nonproductive day he should have a little fun with this guy. With his eyes still bright red but with little bit of blue in them now he glance at the book the man was picking up which apparently he drop when they collided. With a small sadistic smile he grabs the book from baldy as he now started to think of him. As he was looking though he ask “So tell me baldy are some kind of healer?” glancing back at him. “Well by looking at you I can’t say much about your bed side manners or how well you keep your balance” Siarak sneered clearly trying to goad him.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Warden Thrice on February 12th, 2012, 12:41 am

Eorar had hoped that a simple apology would smooth things over, and then a gentle reminder of who had collided with who would eliminate any misgivings. It quickly became clear that this was not the case. The man’s tone became jeering, and Eorar felt himself sink a tiny inch away from the strange man whose eyes changed color.

“I was reading,” he said, unable to come up with any decent response under the glare.

He was so busy watching the eyes that he didn’t notice the hand until the book had been snatched from his grip.

Chrtsi!” he exclaimed. “Give that back!”

He swung for it, but it was held out of his reach. Such a wild movement sent him off balance, and his shoulder hit one of the shelves. Luckily, it seemed to be anchored quite securely to the floor, and didn’t even groan.

The man flicked lazily through the pages, eyes eventually moving back to Eorar with a sneer in them.

“I… am to taking medicine,” he replied softly, still holding on to the shelf. “In spring.”
Warden Thrice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on February 20th, 2012, 3:17 am

OCC[Sorry it took so long life just been crazy :P]

Looking at the man in disgust, because how timid he’s acting clinging to that book case reminding Siarak of a scared child. Slamming the book close and tossing it back to carelessly back at the man with his right hand. He started to saunter up slowly to the man with a false smile. Making sure to keep eye contact with him, and saying “You know if you’re going to be a healer it would be wise to get your center of balance don’t you think?" pointing out how he was holding onto the book case. When Siarak finally got close enough to the man he put left hand on this chest with only his fingers touching it leavening his palm out. Still smiling mostly about the look the man was giving him he said “You know I actually think an even a small gust of wind would blow you over” the whole time he was saying that he was reaching into himself. He started to call forth his djed to have his purple res to form, into a sphere on the palm of his left hand that was touching the man chest. When it was finish he began saying a short incantation under his breath in the ancient tongue. He had the sphere draw in the air around it which it being such a low level it being more an novice level spell and can unnoticed able. When that part of the spell was finish he completed it by sending a strong pulse of air into the middle of the man chest with enough force in it should knock him off his feet. When he was finish Siarak was satisfied with himself that mange to do that spell in a matter of seconds.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Warden Thrice on February 20th, 2012, 6:14 am

The man closed the book roughly and tossed it in Eorar’s general direction. Quickly the young man coiled, hand snaking out quickly and snatching the book from the air. While the movement could be compared to lightning with its speed and grace, the aftermath definitely could not. Wobbling once more, he clung to the shelves too keep himself from falling over. Again.

The man’s tone was sinister as he approached, and Eorar clung to the book as if it was the only thing in the world that could keep him alive. His already wide eyes were even wider, and watched the advancing man owlishly.

He couldn’t even back away when he raised a hand and put it to his chest, touch light and intimidating. His wrist twitched, and he flicked his fingers. A force hit Eorar’s sternum, causing him to stumble back completely and tumble to the ground.

I hope the book’s alright, he thought numbly.

“What is going on here?”

The stern librarian’s voice could never have sounded sweeter. She stood, face twisted into a frown and hands on her hips.
Warden Thrice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on February 20th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Glancing over his shoulder in shock upon hearing the librarian voice Siarak wasn’t anticipating anyone showing up. And from the look she was giving him clearly say’s that she is not pleased with what she sees. “I don’t know ma’am, I just got here myself” he lied falsifying innocence’s. Breaking away from the librarian measuring gaze, Siarak bent down on one knee as if to see if the man was alright. When he got down to eye level with the man for he couldn’t be over heard by the librarian how was walking towards them. “You better not say anything” he whispered “Not if you don’t want to find out how burnt pork feels” he added with a meaningful glare. By then the librarian kneeling down to see after then man and ask if he was ok. As she was doing so, she was giving Siarak a distrustful look over her spectacles. On his part Siarak thought that it was time to make exit “Well I see that he is in good hands ma’am I better get to my classes”, he said as he was getting up. The librarian waves her hand in a dismissal saying “Very well then”. But Siarak doesn’t doubt that she has got what he look like memorize if she need someone to track him down. As he was about to leave Siarak turn around to addressee the man one more time “By the way the name Siarak nice to meet you” he said with a cocky smile, and a wink then he turn around walking away.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Warden Thrice on February 21st, 2012, 1:26 am

The man’s viciousness turned to concern at the librarian’s presence so quickly that it was almost frightening. Eorar shied away slightly as he knelt, too close for comfort, and shivered at his words. He knew he wouldn’t say anything. Eorar nodded in understanding, and the man stood. His smirk was slight, but it was there, and remained there as he slipped away. The librarian walked over and offered a hand, which he gladly took.

“What happened?” she asked as he hauled him to his feet.

“Oh, I… fell.”

She looked at him keenly over the rims of her spectacles, and he looked down when he felt a blush spread over his face.

“… Very well.” She said after a long pause. “Carry on.”

He put the book back in its place and headed deeper into the library. He didn’t want to leave quite yet and risk meeting the man again. Siarak, that was his name. Siarak. Eorar wouldn’t be forgetting it anytime soon.

-End-
Warden Thrice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on February 21st, 2012, 11:19 am

Eorar :
Eorar

Skill XP Reward
Morphing +1
Observation +1
Acting +1

Lore: Siarak (acquaintance)

Other: N/A

Siarak :
Siarak

Skill XP Reward
Organisation +1
Intimidation +1
Reimancy +1

Lore: An Interest in Familiars

Other: N/A

Nice little meet and greet, it will be interesting to see these two in classes or around the University, perhaps a little rivalry lies ahead - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)