Skill Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Skill Thread

Postby Krisian Temak on February 11th, 2012, 3:23 am

On making a skill thread, how do I make one? How do I up skills and make my character have new skills?
In my eyes, you should be with me. In your eyes, I should be dead
Krisian Temak
The White Wolf

Words: 5628
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2012, 5:22 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Skill Thread

Postby Mirage on February 11th, 2012, 6:37 am

I am not sure if I completely understand what you mean by a skill thread, but you earn points in skills just by doing regular threads. There are usually two types of threads that players undergo. Group threads are done with 2 or more people and are usually about the character's interactions with each other or how they cope with different situations. You can also do Solo threads which are similar but it is just with your character alone. I think you are probably thinking of a Solo thread. Most Players use these threads to increase their skill levels and obtain specific lores or items. So to answer your question, you can up your skills simply by playing the game XD
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Skill Thread

Postby Krisian Temak on February 11th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Okay. I guess I was just confused because I couldn't find any of the solo threads. I found one and have begun working on mine. Thank you, Mirage.
Krisian Temak
The White Wolf

Character sheet

Skill Thread

Postby Paragon on February 11th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Hi there,

just to add to what Mirage has told you, you don't really make "skill threads" just to grind skill XP. All threads are part of your characters story. Storytellers award you skill points at the end of a completed thread, based on what kind of things your character did, and how creatively they were written. We don't like to just see threads that set out to swish a sword about though. For example, a sword training thread would be fine, but it would be nice to include a character's thoughts, back story, other description e.t.c

When you have completed a thread, you post it in the Storyteller for that Domain's office. They will grade it as soon as possible, and you can then add any XP or Lore's they give you to your character sheet. Hope this helps.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Skill Thread

Postby Krisian Temak on February 13th, 2012, 4:00 am

Well i had made a thread that includes a small storyline and does have thoughts and interactions. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18278.html
Krisian Temak
The White Wolf

Character sheet