[The Stranger's Welcome] Rookie Mistake! (Sela & Sondra)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Louie Wein on February 15th, 2012, 10:54 pm

7th day of Winter 511 AV

Yes he did it as unbelievable as it might be. The dreaded rookie mistake of double booking! Forget about health but overworking is dangerous because it can make unprofessional mistakes like this. He could just hope that nothing will turn out too bad about this but looking on the bright side, two people would make it easier to find out about the world outside since the more important event's will be focused on...maybe. Well, it looked like Louie only had to wait after making the appointment at the usual place. Food, drink and a place to sit. What more could he ask for?

How about the important questions. Not the usual, boring "you're the newcomers right? Louie Wein" which he would say as soon as they reached his table or the one after that is "how are you liking Denval so far? It should be better from where you were before right? Mura?" he could only suspect since one of them was a Konti and the other one looked human. No it was not even the fake concern of "did anything interesting happen on your way here?" though it might help shed some light about how he would continue the conversation.

No. no there was nothing suspicious here. "Just think of me as the welcoming committee of Denval" because he learned that it could work to his advantage that people saw him as that. He gets the information he wanted and "I can help you get used to the town if you want." The best way to start is with some Denval cuisine from the Welcome. "Do you want anything?" besides the glasses of degtine on the table. Oh and they might also notice the books and quill on the table. "I hope you don't mind me taking some notes do you?"
Louie Wein
I don't cry wolf

Words: 69995
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sondra on February 18th, 2012, 4:59 am

"Wait, what's this for again? What's a welcoming committee?"

Gods, when did she agree to this? What did she agree to? Was she drunk at the time? Sleepy?
At least it was free degtine, Sondra thought as she eyed the mugs. She didn't like charity, but she was hypocritically all for a free round. Such a gesture was part of the convivial spirit, she lied to herself.

When offered something else, her face flashed between skepticism and confusion.
"Er... bread?"
Sondra's common was far from elegant, having been honed mostly in Sunberth. When Louie asked if he could take notes, she shrugged and picked up the mug.
"Keep these coming and you can note all you like."

Sondra
The Sinspeaker

Words: 141440
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2009, 6:47 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sela on March 16th, 2012, 12:33 am

Sela sighed. It was a noise she was good at making, having just a bit too much practice with it. Displeasurable yet unavoidable activities seemed to pop up more and more since her death. And what she was doing now certainly seemed to fit into that category.

A shake of the russet curls and Sela was glancing askance at her two companions. She didn't like having one most times, and now there was two? Madness. Why had she even agreed to this in the first place?

Yet another sigh. "...A welcoming committee." Sela repeated flatly. "I don't remember asking for one, but you were quite persistent...I guess I can spare you a few moments of my time."

Sela glanced at the konti next to her, who was an enigma in and of herself. An errant thought reminisced about the days that there had been no beautiful white women to overshadow their human counterparts, and Sela smirked. Until she remembered she had been male back then. Oops.

Enough...concentrate on the present. And Sela tried to do so. But the town of her birth had stirred such feelings in her, long thought abandoned to the desolate tides of Fate. She couldn't help but feel nostalgic.

Shrugging mentally, Sela turned back to the degtine the man - concerned citizen Louie Wein, it seemed - was offering them. Well, that was at least one good thing to get out of all this. "I've been around." Sela said as an ambiguous reply to Louie's first question, gripping the hot degtine within her ever cold fingers. "And, no, I'm fine with what I have now."

She titled her head and looked at Louie from over the mug's brim. "Just don't take too many notes, dear," she said as she sipped at the fiery liquid, an affectation of boredom on her voice, "I'd like to keep my mysterious allure, if I may."
Sela
Perfectly Imperfect

Words: 26232
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Louie Wein on March 31st, 2012, 9:09 pm

Uhhhh more degtine and bread...of course? For the konti anyway. She seems to be a lot more easier than the darker woman with them. Gods, why did Louie make a mistake like this? It is going to be hard keeping two separate mindsets for the both of them. Already he was regretting it thinking it as some sort of a punishment. He would have tried for another day but with the nuit being a little bit too serious for his little "welcoming committee" he doubted that he would get another chance.

Taking a few gulps of degtine to wash down his uneasiness, Louie accidentally repeated the words of the unknown tag along that "its the mystery that draws people in I believe" before getting back his senses to get back to the topic that "I don't think that Denval has any mystery of worth. So is there anything that drew you in to Denval?" he asked the both of them eyes settling first on the konti and then on the nuit with a warm smile because as she said "you've been around no? I'm sure that whatever those places lack you would find in Denval."

Because Louie could never see the appeal of the world outside the town only having read about them in books as interesting as they were. To him there was everything he ever needed here and they should know it too. "Have you visited the Opal Clinic yet madam? You and Cian Noc share some roots I believe."
Louie Wein
I don't cry wolf

Words: 69995
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet