Getting Supplies (Sama'el)

Leto and Sama'el gather supplies for their journey, but also look into the dangerous nature of poisons...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 16th, 2012, 7:41 am

Timestamp: Early Afternoon, 9th of Winter, Year 511 A.V.

Sama'el had returned to Riverfall with Denen, and the wedding of Sama'el and Issima had taken place. But now was the day after, and Leto had awaken within the inn he was staying at. Sighing as he pushed off the sheets, put his undergarmets on, and then his leather pants, He pulled over his leather vest, and stood up fully, looking around. I wonder what Sama'el is up to now? he thought, and then made his way out of the Inn, in search of him. Perhaps we should gather some supplies today, he thought as they had planned on leaving the next day to go to where they needed to get to.

I wonder how Arias is? Leto thought of his strider, whom was currently being stabled at the Sanctuary. Walking through the city of Riverfall, He spied a web in a backwards alleyway, and decided to utilize it to find out where Sama'el happened to be, or if he was anywhere in Riverfall at the moment. Sitting down in the alleyway, his back against the side of a building, he reached down and grasped the web with his hands. Calming his mind, and slowly reaching out with it to connect with the web, Leto drifted his body into the web, so as to seek information on Sama'el. In particular, he would travel to the Sanctuary via the web that he was utilizing, and to Sama'el's origin rune. Once there, he would expand outwards in search of Sama'el's presence to find out where exactly the man he had fallen for was at after his wedding night.

Hopefully Leto didn't stumble onto any unwanted visuals of Sama'el with a woman, but then again, he had just gotten married, so it was to be expected that he'd be with his wife that night and morning. It was early afternoon though, so Leto wasn't expecting to run into any trouble finding Sama'el in bed with his wife. Travelling along the web, Leto would continue looking around the Sanctuary and Riverfall to find out where exactly Sama'el happened to be. Once he did, he'd return to his own body, and start to make his way through the city once more to see if he couldn't catch the elusive man...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 25th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Sama'el had his tent pitched on the grounds of the Sanctuary, and so he hadn't stumbled far with his new wife to consummate the union. They had slept in, but of course they could not spend forever in isolation. Life on the Sea of Grass afforded little time for luxury, and even here on the edges of it, one had to work hard to eke out a living, and they were still bound for Avanthal, just a season later than they had anticipated.

He had much to prepare, and so he left his new wife to her preparations and went about to do his. There was Dohaina to tend to, now months pregnant and awfully docile and tractable -- not that she was normally ill-tempered. It was just that she was born out of the teeth of a Cyphrus storm so Sama'el assumed there was a ferocity to her. And there was when his life was threatened, at least.

Then there was Horse, and Bigarren, the new Strider he had purchased after riding Durno to find Denen in Endrykas. The Semes, Durno, Issima's Strider, and the others. He knew Kavala and her staff would provide the utmost in care, but his Drykas soul demanded that he do for his herd while he was there with them. If it was anyone but Kavala, he might not be able to leave his herd behind.

He thought perhaps someone was looking at him, but glancing over his shoulder revealed nothing, so he went back to the feeding and the grooming and the examining hooves and teeth and eyes and coat for any of the telltale signs that something was amiss.

Horse Purchase :
I meant to do this while in Endrykas, but the thread is not going to happen so here is my Winter purchase:

• 1 Strider Stallion, "Bigarren"; 75 gm (Steeds & Yves)
  • yvas & tack; 5 gm (Garthos Supply)

Total = 80 gm
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 25th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Once found upon the web, he saw Sama'el within the stables, where Leto had been the evening before drinking with Denen. Following the web back to where his body awaited him, and carefully sliding back into it, Leto stretched out, glad to have feeling back within him, and slowly stood up, making sure he was steady to stand before starting to hike to the Sanctuary where Sama'el was tending to his herd. As he opened the door to the stables, where Arias also happened to be, his own strider neighed a bit, and Leto smiled. Looking for where Sama'el was, Leto called out, "Hello Sama'el! Are you in here?!" After calling out to him, he'd carefully look in each and every stall that he went by to see if he couldn't find Sama'el within any of them.

It didn't take him long before he came upon him, and when he did, a broad smile crossed the summoner's face. "I was practicing my webbing earlier this morning, and traced you here Sama'el... I wanted to see if you wanted perhaps to look for supplies with me today for our journey, as it begins tomorrow?" he asked, watching Sama'el. "I don't mind waiting if you're busy at the moment, I can see you're tending to your herd quite well, and i'm glad things are finally pulling together for you..." he said, his obsidian gaze directed only towards Sama'el, and he heard Arias' neigh of approval from behind him...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 25th, 2012, 7:21 pm

"Hullo!" he called. "Over here."

He was, just at that moment, feeling with great care at Dohaina's belly, attempting to ascertain whether there might be any danger for the foal within, but he found nothing and anyway was not so skilled as Riki and Kavala, but he liked to be sure. With luck, nothing would develop and the foal would be born without trouble. The dreamy gaze solidified upon Leto when he appeared, his grin broad and the strange mark of Syna that had appeared during the wedding ceremony still ringing his eye. It suited him, but then the Drykas liked their bodies decorated with meaning and symbol. This one just had real power to it.

"Excellent," he said, grinning, if possible, even more broadly. "The origin in the Sanctuary really anchors this part of the Web. I think the rest of the Watch wanted to avoid upsetting the Akalaks, but the Sanctuary belongs to a Drykas so... Hey, yeah. I can come with you. Most of my work here is done. What did you need to find?"

He gave Dohaina a pat on the shoulder, and she nuzzled him lovingly. They had well and truly bonded.

"What are we looking for?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on March 16th, 2012, 8:44 pm

"Well, do you remember when the one time we has summoned those accursed Memosites, and they had given me knowledge of Vilemoss and Kseyden? I was thinking that Riverfall might have some information on poisons, and how to contain them, extract them, and perhaps sell them to The Watch to use to improve their weaponry. And If there's anything else we might need for this long haul, feed for the horses, other things we might need, I thought we might be able to get some of that stuff today before we depart tomorrow..." he said, his face flushing of embarassment a little bit, as he hadn't known exactly what all they'd need for such a lengthy journey. He just figured that Sama'el would know what they'd need, so they could try and find it that day or something of the sort.

"I've never been on a really long journey, so i'm not quite sure what all we need. I know Kavala and myself made some healing glyphs so that we'd be healthy during the trip hopefully, but other than that, I was unsure of what we needed, or if we had everything that was needed..." he admitted, looking towards Sama'el through obsidian hued orbs. His dark gaze watching Sama'el's reactions, in hopes that he understood that Leto was only trying to assist in their efforts, as much as he possibly could that is...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 18th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Sam paused for a moment before lighting up.

"That's a great idea!" he enthused, and even Dohaina whickered happily in approval. His mind began racing, tripping along the path of Leto's logic. "We need to know how to use them safely so we don't hurt our own people, and there are some poisons native to Cyphrus, but we should definitely learn what we can learn here, and what we can learn in Taldera, too, because I'm sure they have other things we can harvest and turn into usable poisons, and medicines too. Denen would know about the medicines."

He patted Dohaina's shoulder and grabbed Bigarren's yvas, wanting to ride him as much as possible before they left. It didn't make sense to take another horse when Horse was better suited for Taldera and Bigarren would only be another mouth to feed with limited resources. He only bonded to Dohaina, but Bigarren would likely become an important part of his herd once they returned.

"Let's go now. We probably need a lot of basic knowledge before it's safe to pull that poisonous stuff off of another world, right?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on May 5th, 2012, 6:53 pm

"That sounds good to me," said Leto, as he grabbed Arias' yvas as well, and prepared him for a ride through the city. Looking towards Sama'el, when he was ready, Leto would lead them out of the Sanctuary, and towards the city of Riverfall, where they'd hopefully be able to learn more about poisons, in specific vilemoss, as well as anything that the Cyphrus might have to offer. "We'll probably need a good deal of knowledge before dealing with the vilemoss, as from what I remember the memosite's memory, it seemed to be a fairly dangerous poison... But we have to start somewhere, right?" he asked, fairly rhetorically as they both knew the answer was yes.

Once the arrived within the city, Leto would look to Sama'el. "I haven't explored Riverfall very much, perhaps you know the way to their market, if they have one?" he asked, seriously, hoping that Sama'el knew, for Leto was still unsure of the directions, and didn't want to get them lose in this city that was still unknown to him. It certainly was nothing like Endrykas, the tent city, where the two of them hailed from, and Leto wanted to make sure they were in the right parts of town...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 9th, 2012, 8:44 pm

In answer, Sama'el vaulted onto Bigarren's back with his usual acrobatic flair, showing off a bit by planting his hands just so as to not hurt the big Strider, and balanced himself there before pulling himself up with momentum and a strong stomach, flipping into position. Yes, just a little bit of a show off.

But he knew the way, and led them into town via the main gates, leading Leto across the bridge over the Bluevein and turning the proper corner. He would point out places as they passed to help Leto orient himself, but as they rode toward Laviku's Tower, he stopped them at a building to the left.

"Here," he said, dismounting with another little bit of showmanship. Bigarren seemed not to mind too much, a testament to Sama'el knowing how to do tricks without harming his prop. Once the horses were secured, they moved around Cavern Creations to the cliff side. "What Boils Beneath," he translated, not that he could read, but because he knew the place.
Last edited by Sama'el Sunsinger on June 25th, 2012, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on June 16th, 2012, 1:09 pm

As they rode through the market, Leto atop Arias, and Sama'el atop Bigarren, the elder drykas looked towards Sama'el and grinned, as he translated the name of the shop, and then dismounted Arias so that the two of them could enter the shop. Once inside, Leto would look around for the clerk, and upon finding him, he'd turn to Sama'el who would hopefully be able to translate for him, since Leto's knowledge of common was lacking, and not as good as his Pavi.

"Could you ask them if they have any books on utilizing poisons for a defensive purpose written in Pavi, and explain to them that it's for The Watch back in Endrykas?" he asked Sama'el, speaking in very fluent pavi, and turning back towards the Clerk. "Also, we'll need some vials to store any types of poison we might find on our journey, until we can properly utilize it in some way," he then finished speaking to Sama'el, hoping he would be able to translate it to a better form of common than Leto obviously could, at least speaking with the clerk that was there at the shop...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 17th, 2012, 6:33 am

When asked, he did speak to the clerk, though he parsed things a bit differently. The clerk disappeared and Sama'el explained things.

"He's getting us vials, but he doesn't sell books here. Says they're too expensive, and well, since Pavi has no written language, it would be even more expensive to have a book translated into some kind of... pidgin, he called it? I don't know what that means, but I think maybe he means writing down Pavi words in Common writing...?"

Sama'el flushed a little. He couldn't read, and while that was no shame in Endrykas, he had been made to feel small in the cities of Sylira when that became apparent.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next