[Sanctuary] Wedding Night Woes (Leto)

A drunken encounter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 2:29 am

8 Winter, 511 AV

Denen knew he shouldn't drink. He always did stupid things when he got drunk. Still, that wasn't going to stop him. Sandal had gone out, taking a few coins, and had purchased for them a jug of ale. She'd wandered off to sleep, but Denen was alert (as alert as one could be when their state of mind was altered by drink), and lay on his back, while singing quietly to himself.

Denen was a poor singer, and his repertoire of songs was limited to what he had heard in the first four years of his life. Needless to say, he didn't exactly remember tunes, nor could he hear himself singing them. He wasn't going to be sleeping with Sam tonight, and so to keep himself from panicking, he drank. His current song was a lullaby, one that Jada had sung repeatedly to him as a little boy to keep him from crying when his ears hurt too badly for sleep to be possible.

His voice was quiet, muted, and he pulled his scarf over his face to hide himself. As if covering his face would keep any of those horrid, blue men from finding him.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 2:58 am

Sama'el's wedding had been earlier that night, and Leto had felt strangely awkward at it, having watched Sama'el and Issima getting married. He was but a teacher to Sama'el, and in being that, he couldn't bring himself to tell Sama'el how he actually felt about him. And then there was Denen, a boy even younger than Sama'el, and who had a strange relationship with the man, though Leto couldn't exactly place his finger onto what that relationship happened to be, though he did know that they slept in the same tent, so his imagination ran wild with possibilities. He knew of Denen's secret, how he was like Leto, in the fact that neither of them liked the company of woman in a sexual manner. And he would take that secret to his grave, as a loyal Drykas would otherwise do.

And it was just then that he happened to stumble upon Denen, and the smell ripe of alcohol was upon him. Leto himself wasn't much of a drinker, and didn't really liked the taste though he put up with it if he did decide to drink, to forget about things past. Obsidian orbs flashed towards where Denen was sitting, the scarf wrapped around his face doing not a very well job of hiding his identity from Leto. The elder glypher watched him carefully for a few moments before approaching him, and sitting down next to him, placing a hand upon his shoulder. "Hello there Denen," he said, making sure Denen was facing him so that he could read Leto's lips as Leto didn't know grassland sign...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 3:14 am

Denen swayed as he sang, his voice thick and clumsy. But he wasn't bothered by this. He had resolved to curl up here, with the horses, and spend the night with Durno. The Strider would look after him. Durno sniffed at his hair at present, nudging his shoulder and cheek protectively. Denen giggled and patted his cheek. "Tickles," he signed. He hugged the horse's neck, and yawned as he cuddled down into the straw.

The sudden touch to his shoulder made him startle, and he tugged the scarf down with wide eyes to find himself facing Leto, who spoke to him. Denen wasn't much one for words at the moment, and as such, he simply smiled and lifted a hand to wave to him, before he flopped back into the bedding and shoved the jug towards Leto.

It wasn't, honestly, that he was jealous of Sam. In truth, he was happy for him. His would-be-Ankal was finally on his way to having a Pavilion. Once babies were born, they would be as real as any other new Pavilion. Denen could hardly wait for this, knowing it was Sam's dream to reestablish himself and his family. Denen was honored to be part of it.

But the thought of spending even a night away from Sama'el was agony, and so he numbed himself in order to keep from panicking.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 3:24 am

Noticing the younger boy not really saying a word other than waving towards Leto, he grinned, and took the jug that was passed to him, eyes drifting from the jug towards the horse and back towards Denen. Taking a swig from it, he grinned, and then laid back in the bedding besides Denen as the boy whom was nearly a decade younger than him flopped onto the hay bedding as well. Obsidian iris's drifted towards Denen as he remained unspokenly silent, and Leto didn't mind this. Passing the alcohol back towards Denen, he allowed himself a moment of brief respite thinking of Sama'el, Denen, Ronan, and all those that he had met the past year after coming out of the seclusion of his pavilion.

It would be the end of his pavilion, and he knew that it would end with him. But even as it ended, he would nurture Sama'el's children, teach them what he could, and be a good instructor to them, as Kavala had told him he should. It wasn't everyday that one like Leto was given the chance to start over, and being an elder drykas, he was more knowledgeable than most in the ways of the mysteries, especially glyphing, summoning and webbing. Looking back up towards the ceiling of the stables, he just laid there, wondering what Denen would do, if he would speak to him, or just continue to pass the drink back and forth between the two of them. Arias was over in his own stable, but knew that Leto was close, and gave a neigh of approval of the two to start talking, or at least start to understand each other better, however they chose to do that...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 3:40 am

Denen smiled over to Leto, but did not speak. Words were difficult enough to manage when he was sober, and he wasn't sure if Leto would even be able to understand him if he talked. He wondered, however blearily, how much Leto knew of what had happened to him. He had told no one, except Sam, and he didn't imagine that his lover would share those secrets with anyone else. Denen's pain was something they bore together.

He lifted his torso after awhile, watching Leto curiously, his smile soft. He gently patted his chest, before he took another, long drink, the ale dripping down his chin. He drew back with a long, contented sigh, and blinked blearily for a moment.

"I...I c-can't sleep with-without h-him," he said quietly, honestly. Alcohol made a foolishly honest man out of Denen.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 3:51 am

As Denen patted Leto's chest, the man smiled back towards him. Pushing himself up on his elbows as he turned his head to look towards Denen, he indeed did not know what happened to Denen, merely that Sama'el had come back with him from Endrykas recently. The smell of alcohol on each of their breaths, Leto, being the lightweight drinker that he was, was beginning to feel it's effects. "C...can't sleep without him?" he queried, his obsidian orbs looking seriously towards Denen. As much as he loved Sama'el, he also enjoyed the time spent with Denen, and knowing his secret, he was prone to wanting to spend more time with the younger drykas, in hopes that perhaps he might grow closer to him, in more ways than one.

"Why is it that you cannot sleep without him?" he then queried, not quite sure of his own words that were leaving his mouth, and even more unsure that he wanted to know the answer to the question he happened to be asking. Still pushed upwards upon the back of his elbows, he moved a bit closer to Denen, hoping the proximity wouldn't be a problem for the younger drykas, having felt closer to him already knowing what he knew about him...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 4:30 am

Denen hiccuped and scrubbed at his face. His cheeks were flushed, lips damp from the alcohol. He shrugged and sighed tiredly. Another drink, and Denen looked over to Leto with a bleary smile. "H-He keeps me safe," he answered. He met Leto's gaze after a moment, and spoke in a whisper. Leto would keep this safe. And they were traveling together. He didn't want to have to hide it anymore.

"S-Sam...Sam is my l-lover."
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 4:41 am

"I..." Leto started briefly, looking into Denen's eyes for a moment, seeking any trace of truth to what he said. But Denen's drunken eyes could not lie in that moment. They were indeed lovers, and Leto seemed to have been oblivious to the entire thing. It seemed he was oblivious to a lot anymore, and hadn't been able to tell things as good as he used to be able to. "I see..." he said, a look of understanding upon his face as he looked towards Denen.

"Sama'el isn't the only one that will keep you safe in the future... you have others that surround you with their love, and those that will keep you from harm. I myself am not much of a fighter, but I would do what needs to be done..." he said drunkenly, looking towards Denen, truth in his voice as he spoke. How he wanted to reach out and touch Denen's shoulders, pull him close, and embrace him, how he wanted to do what he could never do with Sama'el, with Denen. Taking the chance, he turned his body fully towards Denen, and reached out his hand towards Denen's shoulder, pulling him in towards him. "I will protect you too Denen..." he said, before allowing his lips to touch the younger drykas' lips, drunkenly stupid at the moment, not thinking clearly, and kissing Denen right then and there before he was able to stop himself...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 22nd, 2012, 4:53 am

Denen didn't move as Leto leaned close. In his drunkness, he didn't notice much in the way of difference. He gave a short, awkward laugh. He hoped Leto would keep their secret. It wasn't like they were going to hide it forever. Sam wanted to marry him, after all. Sam wasn't going to stop coming to him simply because he was married.

He smiled, too, at Leto's words. It was nice to have a family again, to have people who cared for him and wanted the best for him. People who would protect him. However, suddenly being pulled forward and having Leto's lips against his own was definitely a surprise. He was tense at first, unsure of what to do. He was Sam's, after all. But he couldn't pull away. That seemed wrong, too. He squirmed a little, and waited for Leto to finish.

"I..."
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on February 25th, 2012, 6:38 pm

As Denen squirmed Leto released and pulled back. Looking at him, and suddenly realizing what he had done in his drunken stupor he stammered, "I... I... I'm sorry! I sh... shouldn't have done that, you're in love with Sama'el, I shouldn't have crossed that boundary!" As he was stammering, he continued to maintain his focus on Denen entirely, even though he was kind of backing off at the moment, he wished for more, but refused to allow himself to force it upon Denen. He had feelings for Sama'el as well and couldn't bring himself to tell Sama'el about them, but would merely show it by way of teaching him, and his children all that he could muster within himself.

He would make sure that he would support Sama'el's pavilion as much as possible, and would try not to make any mistakes. But he was only human, granted a drykas human, he refused to do anything that would harm Sama'el, but perhaps kissing Denen would bring harm to both of them, and he shouldn't have done it. Too many thoughts ran through Leto's mind as he watched Denen, his eyes apologetic in every sense of the word...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Next