Journal of an Akontak

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Journal of an Akontak

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on March 2nd, 2012, 6:17 pm

-2nd of Winter, 511 AV.

All I can think of is Raiha and it's frustrating. Father's been urging me to get a Kelvic or Nakivak for a decade now and I can't bring myself to do it. Uruk tried a few seasons ago, but she didn't make it through the mating. I don't even want to think about what he did to her. And therein lies the problem. I want a superior breeder of impeccable health and established reputation, while Uruk is more than happy to grab what ever Konti is available. He's obsessed with them. It's harder and harder to wait and my frustration grows stronger daily, but I want the mother of my sons to be perfect.

Maybe it's stupid to look for perfection, but I know that somewhere there's a woman who will match my intellectual and physical needs equally. I refuse to settle for just any transient womb looking to pay off a debt. Somehow, I think it would make my son a lesser man to come from reluctant and inferior origins. Grandfather used to say that all breeding must be equal in both sire and dam. If they don't balance each other, then faults win out stronger than positive traits.

Raiha looked beautiful today--flawless. She's always so active, intelligent and quirky. She's the only one I know that can make me smile. I wonder what she's doing right now. I saw her pass by my room a bell ago, dressed for outside weather.

I'd best get some sleep now. I've been doing a pre dawn and twilight workouts to ease some of the tension, but Raiha is always what I'm thinking about. I'll dream well tonight.

-Rath

Just as light brightens darkness, discovering inner fulfillment can eliminate any disorder or discomfort.
Ourselves
It takes two men to make one brother.
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Journal of an Akontak

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on March 16th, 2012, 7:46 pm

1, Spring, 512 AV

Rath was being a feeble minded Venhrehk so I had to give him a hard shove out of the way. Things needed doing and he wanted to have a pms attack. Pathetic of him to show emotional weakness--especially in front of Kani.

All I did was -look- at Miss Kavala and that little Akontak girlie was ready to go at it. Now that's a good mother instinct. I think at this rate she's shaping up into a good mother.

Protective, no nonsense and just get it done mentality. She keeps this up, I might actually kinda sorta like the girl child a bit more... Maybe.

Everything got knocked from one shyke pile to another trying to sort out ruined from useful. Rath better knock that lazy prissy cat's ass into line. It just sat there doing nothing while everyone else did their share of hard work. Oh right; I have him on lock down for now. I don't care about the headache later--he was just acting stupid when the ladies needed a real Akontak to step up and work instead of moaning like a Falivan Elk Dog with bloat.

I need to make some ginger tea and check the dogs' feet for any damage from walking through sharp or hot debris. At least they did their fair share--even the puppy, unlike that stupid cat. If Rath doesn't get that thing trained, I'm making cat stew. Soon.

Uruk

Just as light brightens darkness, discovering inner fulfillment can eliminate any disorder or discomfort.
Ourselves
It takes two men to make one brother.
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes