Here Is Your Proof [Unfinished]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Here Is Your Proof [Unfinished]

Postby Erasmus on March 2nd, 2012, 9:36 pm

Index:
Page I : Cover page [torn out]
Page II : Index
Page III+ : Proof.

Symenos
Common
Nari

14th of Summer – 509 AV

Note: I write too much. I detest being held up in my room. It’s not the same as my little cocoon-house in Kalinor… there are no good books to read, and none of the same people I’ve grown to know like the back of my hand. So, out of boredom and a sagacity to (completely out of my character) be organized, I write this in reverence to my future self. If you are not me, then be gone!

Deep volcanic ruby locks and large radiant emerald irises, high-pitched twitters and offhand whistles, liquefied forms of vividly hued unfinished glass and beads -from this ocean of such a tightly interwoven civilization, I have chosen a thread that seems to be loose in the societal textile of Wind Reach. She is different from the others; somehow a perfected specimen of the overpopulated Inarta race, which, as I’ve observed, is brimming with inbred ruffians and fervent feathered beast-worshipers.

I dare say, the Nari language is by far the most foul sounding dialect my sensitive auditories ever have had the displeasure of assessing. What they see in themselves, I’ll never know. Exceedingly bias are my observations, of course. The symenestra race isn’t exactly known for sharing the limelight with others, we tend to look upon people different from ourselves with extreme distaste. It’s honestly quite difficult to walk the streets of such a contrastingly new location with an open mind. I am slowly teaching myself how to respect the latter races both inward and outwardly, my progress shall be noted as the time goes by. This brings me back to the girl, the young lady with the golden eyes and the long luxurious tresses of vermillion fire. She is headstrong and sardonic, full of herself, yet insecure, and she doesn’t trust me with the time of day. Through time and patience, she will unknowingly teach me how to melt down glass and shape it into my own creation. She will be my material, instead of clay and dyes and rock, and I shall be her potter.

It’s been a rather short day so far, but my progress has never felt so precious to me. Save for my michelet accomplice becoming the victim’s property. Of course, it occurred to me that this dilemma of mine, this small fracture in my plans, will be solved in time: whatever the girl has shall be mine eventually.

Ah, look at these words of my hand? So full of pride, so sure I shall become the victor at the end of this novel. I am overconfident in myself, so it sounds, no? But dear reader, these thoughts console me. This is my next step, my moment of triumph! I’m as nervous as a lad on his first day of school, yet I am certainly also as excited as the schoolboy. In a morbid perspective, I’m almost certain she is the one I came to take back home. Kryssie… she will be a challenge, but she has so much more to offer me before I steal her away. She is my window to another world, another strange but oh so fascinating culture. She is my road to better understanding how humans work. She is my book, and I simply must read all that I can before burning her many pages! She seems like such an unpleasant character at first, but there is something different about this young lady, something none of the other freakish chirpers acquire. Perhaps it’s the rare unblemished skin, or those shocking golden-flecked eyes that stare back at me with deliberate contemplation. Perhaps it is her discreet way of movement, her voice, or her finely chosen words. No, no… it is not one thing, but rather a million traits combined. She is so multifaceted, a person I shall enjoy in my company no doubt. Not only is she a tolerable lass, but she is also rather conveniently isolated.

It is, nevertheless, difficult for such a narcissistic beast as I to look upon her with any emotion other than disgust. It is how we are raised, to think ourselves the superior race. This boundary made by my culture cannot remain standing, not if I am to learn from her, not if I am to belittle myself into becoming her student. I simply must. I don’t intend to try and seduce her within the hour, mind you. No. She is far too rare a sight and soul for that approach. I suppose my strategy will be to allow myself free reign. I must not be suspended in a web of restrictions. I am in no hurry to get back home. I want to take everything Wind Reach has to offer. I desire to be a part of this world for as long as it will allow my presence.

I believe she probably thinks me quite foolish. Last night, the first night she fell into my vision, I was so stupidly trying the wrong door. I can’t recall another time in which I’ve been a victim to such a dim-witted blunder. She came at me like an angry, savage beast. I’m sure the scene must have been enormously entertaining. And the way she stopped to stare at me, what a priceless reaction we both shared… I was perplexed and embarrassed, quickly mumbling an apology before ducking into my rightful room just next door. I wonder if she fears me… I wonder if she knows about symenestra and our nasty little habits. I should ask her later. We are scheduled to go sight-seeing when she is finished in the market; I’m eager and curios to discover where she’ll lead me.

I also met a little lad today, while exploring the market he asked if I would buy one of those cursed winged creatures everyone swoons over. I politely declined, but found it comical that even this tiny child could be so bold and fierce. Ah, how I long to discover the map of Wind Reach’s social structure… they all intrigue me beyond belief. I want to understand them and their actions; I want to know what makes them depressed and what makes them smile. I want to learn their fears, hopes, and dearest of dreams. I want a glimpse of Mizahar through their point of view, just for a few moments… just to feel a sense of accomplishment. Why, they are so contrastingly different from me! What are the goals my Kryssie has set for herself? What does she dream of? Why is she an outcast? Why did she take off her ring at the market? What do her thoughts sound like? Who brought her up? How many others have grown to love her? What will I be taking from Wind Reach? Will the grand city of idiots, imbeciles, and lunatics miss her when she is gone? Will they even notice her absence?

Her knock is softly at my door now. So tender, so considerate… she must view me as an ‘essential’ task. She seems to take her job quite seriously. Today I will learn all I can. I love Kalinor passionately, but I have nobody restlessly awaiting my return. I could take all the time in this world if truly I preferred so. As I said before, I am in no hurry to come back. There is so much to absorb, and such a copious amount of time. For my first harvest, permitted in the ostentatious volcanic municipality as I am, I shall take home much more than a sniveling little piece of red-headed meat… if I may just allow this place to amend myself as well, a tentative wish on my part I assure you.
Erasmus
A spider lost in his own web.

Words: 78722
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal