Breathing Vitality into the Harbor (Work Solo)

Alderache comes out for a day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Breathing Vitality into the Harbor (Work Solo)

Postby Alderache on March 8th, 2012, 12:25 am

Timestamp: Spring 7, 511 AV
Time: Sunrise

Alseroth awoke just before Syna kissed the sky. He was sore all over. He didn't get much sleep so he decided to get up and get out. His muscles were all aching and he was a mess of bruises. He walked through the rubble strewn streets, not caring about the rebuilding of the city. It wasn't his city, and they hadn't accepted him. Why should he help? He made his way down to the docks, just as Syna's first rays began to shine out over the water. There were a few people milling about, picking up rubble and stuff but nothing really major. The monks didn't have much presence here, probably worrying about their own asses elsewhere. He thought about harassing one of the workers. He moved around on of the curved walls and smashed his head off of a piece of lumber a man was carrying. Alseroth fell hard to the ground.

But the man that picked himself off of the ground was not Alseroth. The man carrying the wood apologized, but Alderache waved him off, "It's fine, it's fine. Let me help you carry that." Alderache was enjoying his freedom. He didn't know why he'd gotten locked away inside his own mind. Was his brother really growing that strong? He lifted the wood off of
the man's shoulders and held it on his own. He was going to do some good before his brother took back control. The man showed him where the wood needed stacked. Alderache looked around. Why was no one working together? Back home in Riverfall, assuming the city survived, everyone would be working hand in hand. There were no monks here, no leadership.

There was a fair amount of damage, and only a handful of citizens milling about, four in total. He decided to start with the man he'd just helped. He held out his massive hand to the man, "I'm Alderache, traveler from Riverfall, and you are..?"

"Annoyed! I stacked all of this wood yesterday to begin building the repair frames for the walls, and some idiot decided to knock over a wall, burying the entire pile! A whole day's work gone!"

"Let's see if I can get some help for you."

He looked around and saw two young men, probably in their late teen years fighting over a large stone hammer. "It's my turn to break the wall down! You did that one yesterday!" The two boys threw aside the hammer and began wrestling each other right there on the docks. Alderache rolled his eyes. It didn't take a master at investigating to figure out that they were the cause for the collapsed wall, and the woodworker's distress. He strode over to the wrestling boys, grabbed each of them by the back of the shirt. He lifted them both up, the two of them flailing wildly until they saw the large red man with a scowl on his face. Alderache was straining to hold up two near adults, his shoulders screaming in protest, but he didn't show it. "Both of you, stop fighting, now! Get over to that wall you knocked over, and clear it out! I want neat piles of stone, then you will help the man working with the wood with whatever he needs! If you don't I will tan you guys so bad you will be redder than me!" He dropped the two boys to the ground, not hard enough to hurt them, just enough to get his point across. They both looked up at him, stood up, and silently made their way over to help the woodworker.
Alderache
Player

Words: 33942
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 2:14 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes